Cyclop, Super Aramith, or Centennial Balls?

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to get a new set of balls that play well. Which do you all prefer and why? Thanks for any input....

Corwyn_8

Energy Curmudgeon
Silver Member
Aramith makes a lot of different types of balls, including Brunswick Centennials, ranging from $50 to $300, which types are you considering?

Thank you kindly.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
While I use Centennials (I got a good deal on them), I have had both the Aramith Premium and Pro sets.

In terms of value, the Aramith Premier and Premium's are excellent balls. This is what I would buy as replacements for my Centennials if I wanted a good deal. Playablity wise, in my opinion the expensive sets like the Pro and Centennials are in the same category as the "Emporer's New Clothes". I can't tell the difference between the upscale, expensive balls and the lesser expensive alternatives. I see no reason to use Cyclop's with all the good choices out there from Aramith.

The main thing is to play with a decent set of balls that are not well used, worn out, etc. The average set of used pool room balls should be thrown out and can't even compare to a new set of the cheap balls.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'd buy a used set of Centennial before Cyclank.
If it ain't made in Belgium, I ain't buying.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm a huge Aramith head myself, but with Diamond going all in on Cyclop, I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. haven't seen them anywhere to play them locally.The worst that can happen is my two year old has 15 oversized marbles to roll around the basement floor :grin-square:

asiasdad

Banned

The skittle balls nickname quickly changed to skiddle balls
in my area for a reason. I cannot imagine any difference in the traditional
color set. I'm glad someone took my set off my hands.

I'm a huge Aramith head myself, but with Diamond going all in on Cyclop, I'm wondering what all the fuss is about
. haven't seen them anywhere to play them locally.The worst that can happen
is my two year old has 15 oversized marbles to roll around the basement floor
:grin-square:

You're a good dad :p

Last edited:

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a new set, and I'll have to admit that I'm tempted to give the Cyclop set a tumble. The Traditional color set of course. I've read all the pros and cons, and I've just been itching to form my own opinion the old fashion way.

I was listening to an interview with Diamond and Cyclop. They were saying that they use the same recipe from the Centennial Balls to make the Cyclop Balls. Don't know... Here it is below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxBqVyQnSw

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know man, you have some good choices in this thread. Can't go wrong.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super Aramith Pro Cup TV, because of the matched measles ball.
The Tournament look better, but usually are rather expensive; the Supers you can get used or almost-new readily.

The Super Pro simply have a much better contact than the Premium and Premier; by better I mean a very elastic and short contact, where the balls kind of "spring" apart.
The Premium and Premier don't do that and get fine cracks.

It does help with accuracy and consistency.
Cheers!

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a set of the TV color "skittles" Cyclop balls from the BCA Nationals 2 years ago. I really like them. A friend of mine who I shoot with regularly has Aramith pro, those are very good also.