OMGWTF -- you too can be a media star!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A competent piece imho but certainly no hints of special talent.. Way easier piece to do than what she does however.

IM not arguing anymore, if i ever was-I just don't how you can deny her writing ability and hope to remain credible. Or perhaps Im just a real plebe.

PS It's Efren not "Efran"

Last edited:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Seems to me that Paul is sweet on OMGWTF. He certainly obsesses over her, and her work.

Sheesh

Actually I think he's hot for the chick with the hair dildo.

Some of you will remember her.

Jumps out of bathroom windows to avoid losing her satchel.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
Can you refer us to some of your work please?
I'll stick up for 9BP on this.....I try to be fair.

He has written and wrote a real good published article on a pool hall....it closing or something.

It was linked here a while back.

Thanks for the defense, pal.

Again, infantile navel-gazing is attacked mercilessly on this forum. Yet this so-called pool author gets applauded for it. Good on her, I guess.

Why do you care? If you don't like her writing then don't read it. What does anything she does/write have to do with you?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Can I have a link to her site please. I couldn't find it.

She maketh me laugh and I would like to read it. Or is this the one where she was talking about Big Head Whats His Name?

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
It's kind of hysterical that her real name is still a mystery to a lot of folks. lol

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Here's the secret formula for an OMGWTF column:

Determined pool-playing chic heads to tournament. Does so-so in tournament, but meets and incredibly boorish a-hole, obviously a guy, who torments her ruthlessly. Chic bows out of tournament, but stews forever about the boorish a-hole. Writes a juvenile column about it and -- this is where it gets amazing -- is paid for this effort!

Is it just me, or did this formula wear out in, oh, column #2?

Why do you let her blog bother you so much? It's her blog and she can write about anything she wants. And she does bring enjoyment to some people including myself and her writing style does not bother me.

No one is forcing you to read it or like it. Obviously you do read her blog as it seems.

S. G.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I am madly in love with OMGWTF. She's akin to a black widow morphed with a goddess. That broad's got more spunk than any woman on the planet! Marry Me Melinda!

9BallPaul

Banned
No i seriously want to see it. I assumed as a harsh critic specifically of her 'writing' -someone who certainly has some level of proficiency, you had some background in it. Not many AZ'rs would even think to be a critic of someone's writing itself . I just want to see how much better you are as i am interested in that field and have dabbed a little . Nothing of her writing style screams 'cant write' to me. Maybe i will learn why you think so and perhaps educate myself on what is 'good writing'....'bad writing'. You dont have a ink?

Quit "dabbing" and start dabbling! Just kidding. But I meant what I said about "infantile navel-gazing."

Here's a pool piece I wrote many years ago in Seattle:

http://www.math.washington.edu/~lind/Web/211.html

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
9BallPaul, are you Melinda's literary agent because you sure know how to put her back in the news? Maybe she should be paying you?

I'm really wondering now, if she wrote an article or two, or three on you. If that is the case, then I might understand your fixation.

Let it go dude. (unless she's paying you under the table)

JoeyA

P.S. And YES, JoeyA the psychic, says Blue Hog Ridr will soon become her disciple. (Be sure and pay attention to BHR's writing style in the coming weeks)

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
http://massiveunderstatement.com/

A lot of comedy follows a formula, that doesn't mean it's unfunny
or the author is a bad person.

She's written a lot of stuff that I found interesting enough to read,
interesting enough that I know who she is and know the name of her website from memory.

Can't say the same about the OP.

9BallPaul

Banned
Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa

Gonna lock up this unfortunate thread. Hate to say this, but AZ is pretty much a cess pool compared to the site I found a dozen years ago. To those I think I'm not entitled to express an opinion, buzz off.

Or bring me a satchel of money and we'll .... well, you know.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quit "dabbing" and start dabbling! Just kidding. But I meant what I said about "infantile navel-gazing."

Here's a pool piece I wrote many years ago in Seattle:

http://www.math.washington.edu/~lind/Web/211.html

I used the word i meant to use- I have no idea what the navel gazing means but no matter , Im sure it;s just part of another grounded-in-quicksand opinion of yours. Good luck with the writing. Never saw a guy write the same article twice before either :wink: