If you play pool in upstate New York...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Please be aware of Covid-19 exposure at the event in Syracuse NY noted by the APA below at Brickhouse Billiards on March 6th and 7th and 8th and very possibly anytime after if you interacted with staff and regulars (it is noted as "likely" because the player's test results were not in yet, but they were highly symptomatic). Players who were at this event could be contagious over the last week and there may be a big surge in community spread as a result.

Please stay home and protect yourself, and everyone else.

Attachments

• 90555258_10216043925427470_5970037135946809344_n.jpg
    90555258_10216043925427470_5970037135946809344_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shocked and alarmed for anyone who may have been exposed.

We at Salt City Billiards in Mattydale, NY do not host APA leagues. We closed voluntarily ahead of the order to do so last week.

My regulars do not play their either, nor my casual customers.

I have heard speculation that one player from the APA tournament tested positive and there's another besides the one in the email above who is bring tested. If so that's at least 3 affected from the same event.

As I have been emploring everyone. You must be smart now that we know better. You can't go out and play pool as usual with this pandemic out there.

I beg any room owner in the country, to close voluntarily the next 2 weeks, if they haven't closed. Players need to educate others about how serious this is. Nobody should be playing in public. Just thing of the shared space abd items touched during a game. Literally one of the highest risk environments one could imagine.

I'm praying for all affected. Not much else one can say.

Stay Home. Stay Safe.

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shook a lot of hands over that weekend...prefer to know those who tested positive

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shook a lot of hands over that weekend...prefer to know those who tested positive
Maybe Greg Cordero who owns Upstate APA will tell you?

Since I put out the alert on my business Facebook site Greg Cordero is now slandering me on his site league site saying I have a sinister motive letting HIS PLAYER's and THE OTHER POOL HALL's CUSTOMER's know that from 3/6 to 3/16 that they may have had exposure.

I was informed about this from a friend who saw it posted on a Rochester pool forum site hours before my post.The email posted there was from the APA out of Rochester who sent it YESTERDAY at 10:22 am, and APA corporate was aware.

So why did Greg, who knew about all this for at least 36 hours or more, wait until an hour after my post to post to the Upstate APA page?.Why hasn't the owner of the other room where the email says the tournament was held posted to inform the public so they may know that from 3/6 to 3/16 that they may have had exposure there. Where is corporate APA? The email sent to a few APA players does not absolve them in the least.

Tomorrow I'm calling them and we are going to have a discussion about slander versus facts.

All of my posts here over the past week or better as well as those on my FB page has urged everyone to please follow the recommendations about this horrific disease. I have let everyone know I can help them answer questions about safe practice as I see it. To that end I want to say if any pool hall owners, please considering closing your doors until this blows over whether the government tells you to or not.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given the rapid series of events taking place now, what happened 2 weeks ago is irrelevant.

All of us should assume we have been in contact with someone with the coronavirus and act accordingly.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Tom,

The event was two weeks ago. Unless the CDC suddenly changed it's COVID-19 stats, the incubation period is 2 - 9 days. Pretty sure you should be OK if you show no symptoms now. Be vigilant though. See you soon!

Lyn

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom,

The event was two weeks ago. Unless the CDC suddenly changed it's COVID-19 stats, the incubation period is 2 - 9 days. Pretty sure you should be OK if you show no symptoms now. Be vigilant though. See you soon!

Lyn
2-14 days
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Stuff posted a month or more ago by the CDC also states 2-14 days, so if it did change, not sure I'd call it "sudden"
Example from about a month ago https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6908e1.htm

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Tom,

Lyn

Other places report up to 24 days, and everyone is taking on symptoms differently

That's why this is such a horrorshow

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Other places report up to 24 days, and everyone is taking on symptoms differently

That's why this is such a horrorshow

Oh well Patrick. We miss you at East Ridge. As you might have seen on our Facebook page, Chris shut the room down completely. Good call.

Lyn

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even with the 14 day number, Tom and the other players should be safe if they exhibit no symptoms by tomorrow. Keep vigilant everyone.

Lyn

Listen, it's 14 days per person. So like a daisy chain one to the next.

Just pray this isn't as horrific as it could be. Nothing will be public until a positive result.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The league operator Greg Cordero finally took down my posts responding to his SLANDER that remains on his FB business page. Where I state clearly how long he knew about this and told NOBODY. Neither did the pool hall hosting the event.

I'm going to address this in the morning with APA corporate and NYS DOH. I know of 2 others who were there who are ill...

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The league operator Greg Cordero finally took down my posts responding to his SLANDER that remains on his FB business page. Where I state clearly how long he knew about this and told NOBODY. Neither did the pool hall hosting the event.

I'm going to address this in the morning with APA corporate and NYS DOH. I know of 2 others who were there who are ill...

Got a link?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Listen, it's 14 days per person. So like a daisy chain one to the next.

Just pray this isn't as horrific as it could be. Nothing will be public until a positive result.

Brian,

Just read on the Vegas pool players site two BCA players from Alberta tested positive for the virus upon returning home from Vegas. Want all my fellow USAPL travelers from Rochester to be vigilant for the next couple of weeks. We all flew home together. You're correct about not promoting potential info but I'd rather be safe than sorry. East Ridge salutes you as well for closing Salt City.

Lyn

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian,

Just read on the Vegas pool players site two BCA players from Alberta tested positive for the virus upon returning home from Vegas. Want all my fellow USAPL travelers from Rochester to be vigilant for the next couple of weeks. We all flew home together. You're correct about not promoting potential info but I'd rather be safe than sorry. East Ridge salutes you as well for closing Salt City.

Lyn

Yes they did. Bunch of us here were watching abd commenting on the action. Then slowly people came to realize this nightmare is happening.

Read the guys thing on Upstate APA on FB. He took down all I put there responding to his slander...that he left. In his statement he explains that he was so busy getting ready to tell people that.... He didn't tell anyone!

Well I'm telling everyone. Players, APA corporate and NYS DOH. This guy didn't do what other regional operators did which is take a loss and protect the players. Which is exactly what I did when I voluntarily closed my pool room to protect players. Something your boss did too.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And the cover story form the other pool room:

Today we were made aware of an email that has been sent out by the American Poolplayers Association (APA) National Office. This email was sent, as best we can tell, as a precautionary measure to inform members to be aware and vigilant concerning all things associated with Novel Coronavirus. We all need to do our part to help "flatten the curve" as the experts say. At the same time we do not want to participate in fear mongering or be a participant in any type of panic. On that note, the email states an individual attended the 2020 APA Spring 8-Ball Classic and/or the 9-Ball Shootout event held at Brick House Billiards and since attending has possibly tested positive for Novel Coronavirus.

There is no guarantee that the player was positive for Novel Coronavirus at the time of the tournament, obviously the opposite is also a possibility. It is possible the player became exposed to the virus after the tournament. The date of the event was more than 14 days ago from today and experts currently believe the incubation period is 1 - 14 days (most commonly 5 days) from date of exposure. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other flu like symptoms please seek appropriate medical care.

APA has already issued another letter clarifying some of the same things we have just discussed. APA took a proactive stance and in doing such may have omitted some key points. In efforts to provide more information as soon as possible it is easy to miss some details.

We are not aware of any employees, local league members or any customers at all having any symptoms. As many businesses do, we have always put an emphasis on cleanliness and the well being of the community. Please be extra cautious during these challenging times.

Finally, please take care of yourselves and continue to look out for your community, whatever / whomever your community may be. Is there an elderly person in your neighborhood that may need some shopping done for them? Do you have a neighbor who has a compromised immune system? Maybe they need some help you could provide. If there is something we can help with then please let us know. We miss all of our BHB family and are anxious to get through this and get back to enjoying your company once again.

Best wishes

They choose to wait it out and put everybody else at risk.
Nothing was going to be said to warn the public until God forbid the person tested positive. Meanwhile for an extra 2 days they allowed anyone who was exposed to spread it rather than self quarantining as the DOH had told them to tell people to do.
Oh the power of money.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3/23/20 Update
-Onondaga County Health Department was unaware of the case(s) of illness that have resulted in at least 4 individuals related to the tournament where the player who was highly suspected of having Covid 19. Nobody had alerted them until I did this morning

-Called the APA National Office and spoke to Chris Robinson who admits that only APA players were contacted and some number warned about likely covid19 exposure. He has no concerns or explainations as to why no attempts were made to alert the non league players in this county or elsewhere. I asked him to direct Greg Cordero to remove the slanderous post he made to players after I made this public to inform everyone. He refused to address that and directed me that APA legal counsel will contact me.

Please let players know about the risk of exposure between 3/6 to 3/16 related to the APA Reginald held at Brisk House Billiards. If you are sick call the Covid19 hotline in your county and say you may have been exposed to a person who had it.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3/24 Update
I have provided the Onondaga County Health Department with information showing that the APA national league, local league operator and the owners of Brick House Billiards knew a person who was highly suspected of having covid19 had played in the NYS regional tournament 3/6 to 3/8. APA players throughout upstate NY were given warnings through multiple bulletins and emails. They did not report this to the Onondaga County Health Department. Brick House Billiards did not alert the public until 2 days after they knew and only after I reported it here first.

Greg Cordero who owns Upstate APA, Brad Reese and Brian Holmes who own Brick House Billiards and the national APA office never informed anybody else who had likely exposure. This was communicated to several hundred league players all over central New York. I am very upset for the pool playing public and my regular players who were purposefully left uniformed so these individuals would not receive bad publicity. If people were told they could have been exposed, they could consider self isolation or if ill told their doctors they had contact with others who were exposed. They recklessly put hundreds at risk. I have emails and bulletins from these individuals that show what they knew and when that I can provide to back up everything I have said.

This is being investigated by the County Health Department. We have not been told of the individuals test results, just that he was very ill and suspected of having covid19. If the Health Department makes any further announcements of any kind I will share them here.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
3/24 Update
I have provided the Onondaga County Health Department with information showing that the APA national league, local league operator and the owners of Brick House Billiards knew a person who was highly suspected of having covid19 had played in the NYS regional tournament 3/6 to 3/8. APA players throughout upstate NY were given warnings through multiple bulletins and emails. They did not report this to the Onondaga County Health Department. Brick House Billiards did not alert the public until 2 days after they knew and only after I reported it here first.

Greg Cordero who owns Upstate APA, Brad Reese and Brian Holmes who own Brick House Billiards and the national APA office never informed anybody else who had likely exposure. This was communicated to several hundred league players all over central New York. I am very upset for the pool playing public and my regular players who were purposefully left uniformed so these individuals would not receive bad publicity. If people were told they could have been exposed, they could consider self isolation or if ill told their doctors they had contact with others who were exposed. They recklessly put hundreds at risk. I have emails and bulletins from these individuals that show what they knew and when that I can provide to back up everything I have said.

This is being investigated by the County Health Department. We have not been told of the individuals test results, just that he was very ill and suspected of having covid19. If the Health Department makes any further announcements of any kind I will share them here.

Thanks.

We are still 2,000 plus people here in Oswego at the Nuke plant . Probably some people from up this way played at the event and would be good to know where from as I'm sure there are people on site that stay at Stix and others that were probably out at bars where these players play.

Keep us informed

Jason