CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your opinion holds no sway to the world of pool and mine more than likely doesn't either.

What I posted wasn't a tantrum. It was to have my say about an individual that has to be one of the most self glorified egomaniacal negative dissidents on pool forums that many have come to despise.

And that would be you, Lou.

Btw, you got any wisdom to pass on about the game of pool? I didn't think so, you never have so why start now.

I am so sorry.

I guess I just don't know what else to call it, other than a tantrum, when a supposedly adult man throws himself face first onto the floor and begins to kick and scream.

And yes, over the years I've written a couple of things sharing what I've learned about pool, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said on this forum that you are in possession of evidence that discredits CTE. It seems to me that you spill the milk if you had it.

The truth is, you’re lost when it comes to CTE and totally stuck in your conventional think tank of how Aiming must unfold.

I invite you to frame out PRO ONE and BASIC CTE, two of the CTE PRO ONE approaches, and share some detail that you have garnered over the years. Write it out. Film it. You’ll look brilliant if you can shine with some nuts and bolts.

Stan Shuffett

I did spill some milk but most ignored it and I think you misunderstood it. Here's the discussion:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=462546

The only real reply in that thread is that there is a tiny amount of variability from center pocket and it is no big deal. mohrt said that and you followed up by creating a new video with the pockets triple shimmed. You went on to berate me (without name, of course) by erecting a straw man argument that this is about whether the ob went exactly center or close enough to be called center.

Now, I don't know what subject you taught in school but I do know it wasn't science. You don't get to redo an experiment when you know what you want the results to look like and then you achieve them. A real experiment has to control the variables, for one, and that is something you just cannot do when the scientist conducting the study is also the subject of the study.

Luckily, in your throw video mentioned in the link above, I believe you were so intent on duplicating the stroke exactly the same with a hard vs soft stroke that you forgot to think about what it means if the balls do not both go into center pocket, which they didn't.

So, I don't have to make my own video because using yours is much more convincing, at least for people who are not trying to protect their pet ideas.

Will you return to this subject and discuss how it is possible to use CTE Pro1 without introducing subjectivity from the player? I'm going to guess not, but we'll watch and see.

Thanks.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry bud, I no longer consider you a serious person here, good luck

Stan, please bring back the Low500 persona, or even the Connie persona. They were both a lot more entertaining than this Scarlett thing.

Just kidding, Spider style. ;)

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry.

I guess I just don't know what else to call it, other a tantrum, when a supposedly adult man throws himself face first onto the floor and begins to kick and scream.

And yes, over the years I've written a couple of things sharing what I've learned about pool, lol.

Lou Figueroa

The Spider protocol around here lately is that you can say whatever nasty thing you want to someone if you follow it up by "hey, lighten up. Don't be so serious."

So maybe try that...

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did spill some milk but most ignored it and I think you misunderstood it. Here's the discussion:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=462546

The only real reply in that thread is that there is a tiny amount of variability from center pocket and it is no big deal. mohrt said that and you followed up by creating a new video with the pockets triple shimmed. You went on to berate me (without name, of course) by erecting a straw man argument that this is about whether the ob went exactly center or close enough to be called center.

Now, I don't know what subject you taught in school but I do know it wasn't science. You don't get to redo an experiment when you know what you want the results to look like and then you achieve them. A real experiment has to control the variables, for one, and that is something you just cannot do when the scientist conducting the study is also the subject of the study.

Luckily, in your throw video mentioned in the link above, I believe you were so intent on duplicating the stroke exactly the same with a hard vs soft stroke that you forgot to think about what it means if the balls do not both go into center pocket, which they didn't.

So, I don't have to make my own video because using yours is much more convincing, at least for people who are not trying to protect their pet ideas.

Will you return to this subject and discuss how it is possible to use CTE Pro1 without introducing subjectivity from the player? I'm going to guess not, but we'll watch and see.

Thanks.

List the specifics that you’d like covered about CB OB collisions concerning CTE and it’s natural alignment minutely to the thin side of the ghost ball core. If you do so , I will address many and varied shots about how CTE works in relation to throw. It’s no big deal. It’s a great topic to cover.

Concerning subjectivity and objectivity:

CTE is objective.
Humans bring in the subjectivity.

A zero angle shot is objective.
My wife can understand that.
I doubt that she could align properly to center to center in a ton of tries.
But she’d eventually learn to align to zero angle shots according to her desire and practice.
Think of CTE in the same way. CTE yields objective shot solutions shot after shot after shot. It’s our job as humans to muster up the desire to learn how use our vision for leading us to perfect CCB alignments.

It will be covered in my TS and book.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
List the specifics that you’d like covered about CB OB collisions concerning CTE and it’s natural alignment minutely to the thin side of the ghost ball core. If you do so , I will address many and varied shots about how CTE works in relation to throw. It’s no big deal. It’s a great topic to cover.

OK, well, I thought I just did list specifics, but let's start over:

Why does the ob throw by a good inch over a not so long distance when in the video you state that it does not throw (and was the point of the video in the first place)?

I'd be thrilled to get a straight answer after waiting 3 years.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, well, I thought I just did list specifics, but let's start over:

Why does the ob throw by a good inch over a not so long distance when in the video you state that it does not throw (and was the point of the video in the first place)?

I'd be thrilled to get a straight answer after waiting 3 years.

Dan, I thoroughly understand that throw exist. If I said that zero throw occurs for particular cut, I don’t recall saying that. If I did I did so by mistake.

Throw absolutely exists to varying degrees for all cuts depending upon a lot of variables.

CTE deals with throw very well because of the natural overcut alignment that occurs. I have lots of options when shooting cut shots. I can use center cue ball for a variety of shots with no real fear of missing or skids. I may use a touch of inside for stuns at times. Essentially, I can add a little insurance to my overcut alignments. Sometimes I introduce a little draw, increase the speed, use a little follow, or a little outside.

Regardless of which route I go, I always have a known CCB to base my choice on. Having said that, I use a lot more center cue ball alignments than I ever did for conventional aiming.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CTE deals with throw very well because of the natural overcut alignment that occurs.
The natural overcut alignment "occurs" for me too, and for every other player that makes shots, regardless of their aiming method. What do you imagine CTE does differently?

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan, I thoroughly understand that throw exist. If I said that zero throw occurs for particular cut, I don’t recall saying that. If I did I did so by mistake.

Throw absolutely exists to varying degrees for all cuts depending upon a lot of variables.

CTE deals with throw very well because of the natural overcut alignment that occurs. I have lots of options when shooting cut shots. I can use center cue ball for a variety of shots with no real fear of missing or skids. I may use a touch of inside for stuns at times. Essentially, I can add a little insurance to my overcut alignments. Sometimes I introduce a little draw, increase the speed, use a little follow.

Stan Shuffett

A player learning CTE puts the ob on the center spot. He practices the alignment called for, let's say it is an ETA. He sees you shooting the ball at warp speed and so he does as well. He gets good at pocketing that way. If, while practicing, he now shoots the same shot softly he will undercut the ball and very likely will miss. He's sure to think he did something wrong when in reality he did not. He comes to you for advice and you tell him what?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A player learning CTE puts the ob on the center spot. He practices the alignment called for, let's say it is an ETA. He sees you shooting the ball at warp speed and so he does as well. He gets good at pocketing that way. If, while practicing, he now shoots the same shot softly he will undercut the ball and very likely will miss. He's sure to think he did something wrong when in reality he did not. He comes to you for advice and you tell him what?

First of all, I can make that shot with a CTE overcut alignment using the center axis of the CB with a hard speed as well as a soft speed.

With a student, I would explain the advantages and disadvantages of various tip positions and speeds.

I’d essentially divide the Cb into four quadrants and discuss the positive energies and negative energies for CCB, high outside, low outside, high inside, low inside, follow, draw, stun, and lastly to avoid tip placements directly on the 9 to 3 equator line.

Energies: Positive +. Negative -

Hard speed +

Slow speed -

Draw +

Follow +

Stun -

High outside ++

Low outside ++ add speed +

High inside + -

Low inside - -

Stun -

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why is throw, speed, draw, etc an issue with some? it's part of the learning process, IMO...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
why is throw, speed, draw, etc an issue with some? it's part of the learning process, IMO...

NO, NO, NO Scarlett. You don't understand where they're coming from with all of this. Their way of playing the game resembles NOTHING in the way you, Stan, I, and all PRO players play the game.

To them, CTE is total TRASH/GARBAGE because it can't be explained the way THEY want it explained. And if it can't be explained by "dumb asses" who don't speak their language, then the creators and users of the system don't have a leg to stand on and the SYSTEM is completely worthless.

They can go on all day long...excuse me...they can go on for 22 YEARS from all directions to "prove" it's worthlessness if the users can't come up with THEIR answers.

You see for every shot they have on the table all forces of physics and nature are calculated into each and all shots along with whatever they do to aim

They might use contact points, fractions, GB, or just "see the shot" from hitting a million balls and the subconscious/unconscious mind that pulls all of these shots up automatically to give them a .717 Fargo rating.

But .717 isn't good enough. To get .999 they use (hold on, are you ready for this)
PHYSICS AND ALL FORCES OF NATURE!!! JUST LIKE ALL PRO PLAYERS!!! LMAO.

They add or subtract CIT, SIT, SPEED (to the next highest mph), collision friction from humidity or lack thereof, Coriolis force...and the list goes on and on FOR ALL SHOTS WHILE PLAYING.

But most importantly they want to bring all of this into the fray to debate why a particular aiming system can't possibly work because these factors prohibit it from working and makes it INVALID.

Scarlett, you seem like a really decent person so I am now going to point you in the right direction for improving your game. Without this, you'll never reach your potential nor be able to keep up to speed for beating any one of the scientists either on the table or in a pool forum discussion.

THIS IS THE SECRET TO PLAYING POOL!! WITHOUT IT YOU'LL ALWAYS BE LACKING AND NEVER MAKE IT PAST AN APA 4!

READ, STUDY, MEMORIZE, AND UTILIZE EVERYTHING IN THIS LINK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

https://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/physics-of-billiards.html

Watch how slick they are today to pull all of this out of the hat to continue their denigration of CTE and Stan. It never stops.

You now have the secret. Best of luck!

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
NO, NO, NO Scarlett. You don't understand where they're coming from with all of this. Their way of playing the game resembles NOTHING in the way you, Stan, I, and all PRO players play the game.

To them, CTE is total TRASH/GARBAGE because it can't be explained the way THEY want it explained. And if it can't be explained by "dumb asses" who don't speak their language, then the creators and users of the system don't have a leg to stand on and the SYSTEM is completely worthless.

They can go on all day long...excuse me...they can go on for 22 YEARS from all directions to "prove" it's worthlessness if the users can't come up with THEIR answers.

You see for every shot they have on the table all forces of physics and nature are calculated into each and all shots along with whatever they do to aim

They might use contact points, fractions, GB, or just "see the shot" from hitting a million balls and the subconscious/unconscious mind that pulls all of these shots up automatically to give them a .717 Fargo rating.

But .717 isn't good enough. To get .999 they use (hold on, are you ready for this)
PHYSICS AND ALL FORCES OF NATURE!!! JUST LIKE ALL PRO PLAYERS!!! LMAO.

They add or subtract CIT, SIT, SPEED (to the next highest mph), collision friction from humidity or lack thereof, Coriolis force...and the list goes on and on FOR ALL SHOTS WHILE PLAYING.

But most importantly they want to bring all of this into the fray to debate why a particular aiming system can't possibly work because these factors prohibit it from working and makes it INVALID.

Scarlett, you seem like a really decent person so I am now going to point you in the right direction for improving your game. Without this, you'll never reach your potential nor be able to keep up to speed for beating any one of the scientists either on the table or in a pool forum discussion.

THIS IS THE SECRET TO PLAYING POOL!! WITHOUT IT YOU'LL ALWAYS BE LACKING AND NEVER MAKE IT PAST AN APA 4!

READ, STUDY, MEMORIZE, AND UTILIZE EVERYTHING IN THIS LINK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!

https://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/physics-of-billiards.html

Watch how slick they are today to pull all of this out of the hat to continue their denigration of CTE and Stan. It never stops.

You now have the secret. Best of luck!

You...I...and Stan and pro's play...lol. Cte is got you thinking your super man.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, I can make that shot with a CTE overcut alignment using the center axis of the CB with a hard speed as well as a soft speed.

With a student, I would explain the advantages and disadvantages of various tip positions and speeds.

I’d essentially divide the Cb into four quadrants and discuss the positive energies and negative energies for CCB, high outside, low outside, high inside, low inside, follow, draw, stun, and lastly to avoid tip placements directly on the 9 to 3 equator line.

Energies: Positive +. Negative -

Hard speed +

Slow speed -

Draw +

Follow +

Stun -

High outside ++

Low outside ++ add speed +

High inside + -

Low inside - -

Stun -

Stan Shuffett

I'm beginning to think no straight answer is forthcoming. We all know you can pocket balls any which way. Let me pose the question again:

A player learning CTE puts the ob on the center spot. He practices the alignment called for, let's say it is an ETA. He sees you shooting the ball at warp speed and so he does as well. He gets good at pocketing that way. If, while practicing, he now shoots the same shot softly he will undercut the ball and very likely will miss. He's sure to think he did something wrong when in reality he did not. He comes to you for advice and you tell him what? In other words, how can he pocket the same shot when shooting softly?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are either misdirecting here or you really don't understand the issue. Nobody would be talking about throw if Stan did not make unrealistic claims about it and CTE.

Stan says that you don't have to think about throw when using CTE because "CTE trumps CIT." He made a video that actually showed otherwise. Now we are trying to understand how to make shots with CTE considering that throw is a variable.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point of information: what is the definition of natural overcut alignment.

Lou Figueroa
thank you

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Point of information: what is the definition of natural overcut alignment.

Lou Figueroa
thank you
“Overcut alignment” must mean the alignment needed to compensate for throw. “Natural” probably refers to CTE’s magical ability to “take you to” the overcut alignment without any “steering” or “estimation” by the player.

pj
chgo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE alignments naturally consist of an overcut line to the thin side of the ghost ball core.

This aspect of CTE is just one of its many positive attributes that makes it a professional aiming system.

Three aim lines makes all shots is another super strong attribute of CTE.

What I really love is that CTE leads the player to precision center cue ball alignments minus any adjustments.

I think that I answered Dan’s question about throw in an exemplary manner. In my free TRUTH SERIES I will be addressing topics from A to Z about CTE. My TS will be hugely supportive to CTE players all around the world.

Stan Shuffett