Pool Cue Cases

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I am thinking about treating myself to a new cue case and handing mine down to my son. I will need 3x5/6 case again. I often use my case to hold my cues while shooting, lean case up against chair/table with my player, breaker, jump assembled in the case and just switch cues as needed. For that reason I think a JB case would not work for me as it has no spacing between the cues so would easily ding them as I switch between cues in a match. Right now I have a cheap ozone case that works well for me so curious what brands of nicer cue cases are out there or custom cases where I could get the spacing between cues.

Example of what I mean by cue spacing below. When cues are assembled and in the case I can switch between them quickly and not ding them.
View attachment 550069

Last edited:

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would check out Whitten cases. I would leave my cues in mine like you are describing without any issue. Just got a volturi case and it’s a good case imo but it doesn’t have individual tubes like the Whitten

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I would check out Whitten cases. I would leave my cues in mine like you are describing without any issue. Just got a volturi case and it’s a good case imo but it doesn’t have individual tubes like the Whitten

Thanks, those Whitten are nice looking and I assume he could even rearrange the tubes for more spacing. They are $$ when you start adding the extras too.

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I found a few more cheap cases like I have but not any better looking higher quality cases or mid priced cases. I really like the look and pricing of the JB cases but need tube style.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try to find a Steve Price case. Best case made as far as I’m concerned. Of course I’m a little biased because he lets me beat him up playing one pocket. He’s finally retired and not making any more cases so they might be hard to come by soon.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will need 3x5/6 case again. I often use my case to hold my cues while shooting, lean case up against chair/table with my player, breaker, jump assembled in the case and just switch cues as needed. For that reason I think a JB case would not work for me as it has no spacing between the cues so would easily ding them as I switch between cues in a match.
View attachment 550069

I do exactly that with my JB Rugged 3x6 and have no issues at all...

It’s worth mentioning that the JB interior doesn’t allow any cue, whether assembled or not, to contact any other cue. When playing in tournaments or otherwise moving around the room, I’ll often leave the cues assembled, in the case, and carry it over my shoulder with the strap. No contact whatsoever.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It all depends on what you like In style since cases are essentially clones.
Little originality to distinguish one case from another in terms of functionality.

Personally, leather is the only style case I want and I have several that range
from soft leather butterfly cases to hard leather tube style designs. The fact is
like others, I have way too many cases and they sit in the closet since I switched
to a 6x12 case to transport my cues. Of the sizes you mentioned, IMO a 3x6 is
more practical than a 3x5 if you ever go to sell the case down the road or pass it
along to your son. If I ever get another case, the next one will be made in crocodile
leather which will make it cost a lot more but it has the most distinct appearance of
any leathers I’ve ever seen used for pool cue cases. I want a 3x6 or 4x8 with large
pockets and sturdy straps and a clasp opening.....any color except black unless the
leather happened to be black caiman. Chances are it will never happen but I still look.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just buy an ACME 4x8 for a while to see what you like. They are $145 and are a direct competitor to the JB Rugged cases at double+ pricing

I really love the look / style of Volturi cases. Had a chance to get a used one on ebay for around $300, but missed the end of the auction. I think they are so cool looking.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My new volturi case.... real lizard insets and backpack straps

n9SOP7y.jpg

dEqhTuu.jpg

Last edited:
My new volturi case.... real lizard insets and backpack straps

n9SOP7y.jpg

dEqhTuu.jpg

That is a really awesome looking case. I wonder where these cases are made, and who makes them.

Volturi makes me think of the vampire movie Twilight, lol, so maybe the cases are made in Italy? Just a silly guess.

Awesome looking cases though, so I would not care where they are made. Would love to someday have one.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is a really awesome looking case. I wonder where these cases are made, and who makes them.

Volturi makes me think of the vampire movie Twilight, lol, so maybe the cases are made in Italy? Just a silly guess.

Awesome looking cases though, so I would not care where they are made. Would love to someday have one.

They are made in Indonesia. Roger was a good guy to deal to deal with. I told him what I wanted as far as the blue lizard and black croc leather and he made it exactly how I wanted. Price was reasonable in my mind. Not cheap but nothing crazy either

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can hit Roger up on Facebook and deal directly with him. Mine was a fair amount less than 800.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a 4x8 Volturi Crocodile Case on eBay right now. It has been there awhile likely
due to its asking price of $1600. There is a spectacular Volturi Crocodile Case on the
Cornerstone Cues website(3x6) for $2250 and that is the one I’d like to have but the
price is just so steep and I’d still need to leave two cues at home so unless it was in
$1400 - 1500 price range, which it will never be, then I’ll just get to keep admiring it,
along with some of the Yang cases being produced that are absolutely marvelous.