USPS delays

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this was covered previously. USPS is very slow in shipping now, so just a word of caution for anybody shipping valuable cues in the summer. My order was shipped from Mezz US on June 17 and it's still "moving to the next facility" or something. Temperature will hit 97 on the FL Gulf Coast today, yikes...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
yea my new breaker has been in houston since sunday, no update on delivery day
exactly what mine says too moving to new facility, good to know its not just mine
but its been raining alot and not at all very hot

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The trucking companies that USPS contracts with to move loads between sites are way shorthanded because of Covid. USPS is also shorthanded because of Covid. UPS and FedEx anlre also facing bigbdelays unless you spring for Overnight or Guaranteed services.

This is just crushing delivery estimates. Pay extra for Express.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been factoring ship-from location when possible, lately. Havent really seen any dramatically long delivery times...but my purchasing has decreased for ytd thus far.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually try to stay positive but not on this subject.
I've been paying express so I know it GETS there when it's suppose to. USPS is stealing as far as I'm concerned. You pay extra for Priority, 2 to 3 days. Acceptable but up to 6.
Sorry, I don't buy into it so I'm paying express and hoping they're late so I get a refund.
Every package on time so far.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Increase in demands for all shipping activities coupled with decreased personnel equals delays to end recipients with possible problems resulting.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FedEx is no longer honoring delivery dates with a refund. Just FYI. Paid $140 to ship a cue across the country overnight. 4 days later, too bad so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Barbell collars from Rogue went UPS to USPS, sat at the local post office for a week. Then went to NC and back to my local post office. Now delivered. I honestly thought they were gone lol.

Oddly enough, that rails I sent to Mark got loaded on a truck and made it only one day behind schedule. And the package weighed 100lbs.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ups shipping

If you are shipping into Connecticut I would not recommend UPS at the moment - UPS is so swamped that they are requesting drivers from all over the country. Last driver who delivered to me was from Georgia and the one before that was from Florida.

When I questioned why the on-line info has our packages posted as "out for delivery" - but the packages never even got on the truck - I was told that "they" had 10 tractor trailers in the terminal that had not even been unloaded that day - and they had 8 the day before.

So Express Mail it is . . . ha

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usps

And just think USPS has to deliver all that final destination packages of UPS &FED-EX.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One problem U.S.P.S., has is they are Unionized Employees, who are like SHOTGUNS with Broken Trigger Springs, difficult to FIRE!.

Business seem to work better, more efficient, more profit without the silrent partner with no investment in the company. Evil Unions, who need one if you are productive, on time, do your job, and are not a pian in the bosses butt..

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I waited 3 extra days also

On a guaranteed Monday -shoulda been Saturday- came today-Thursday-puke

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
One problem U.S.P.S., has is they are Unionized Employees, who are like SHOTGUNS with Broken Trigger Springs, difficult to FIRE!.

Business seem to work better, more efficient, more profit without the silrent partner with no investment in the company. Evil Unions, who need one if you are productive, on time, do your job, and are not a pian in the bosses butt..

Hahaha, ok boomer

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
at long last my TNT breaker is out for delivery

a very fair priced one by an azb memeber KOINNKID,
at 13.5mm with white diamond tip laminated shaft,
you better hold on , im so ready to try it.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a company has a supervisor that cant get rid of a employee for just cause it has a bad supervisor . No union can save a job if there is just cause to fire.To the people who think they are the best worker and faster than someone else there is someone faster than you ,and you will slowdown with age.Blaming unions for everything is so funny ,you dont blame the biggest union in the country for outsourcing and filling their businesses with foreign junk.THAT WOULD BE THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.