10-ball On TV right now!

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eleven Sports Network (ELVN) is showing the Predator World 10-ball tournament right now! Shaw v. LO.

DirecTV channel 623.

So nice to see it broadcasted!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like there's one more match on after the Shaw match.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Something odd happened in the match with Darren vs. Little Ko.

With the score tied at 2-2, Darren played a 9-10 combination, pocketing the 10 ball. The tournament rule was no short racks, so that didn't win the game, but Darren thought it did, so he scooped up the 9 ball and started racking the balls.

Little Ko asked for an official to come over (there was no ref presiding over the match), and after a short conversation they ruled that Darren won the game.

How does that happen?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something odd happened in the match with Darren vs. Little Ko.

With the score tied at 2-2, Darren played a 9-10 combination, pocketing the 10 ball. The tournament rule was no short racks, so that didn't win the game, but Darren thought it did, so he scooped up the 9 ball and started racking the balls.

Little Ko asked for an official to come over (there was no ref presiding over the match), and after a short conversation they ruled that Darren won the game.

How does that happen?
I remember that happening but i forget how they came to the decision. UD: went back and watched. DA said they weren't informed and Ko made no call so DA got the game.

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I remember that happening but i forget how they came to the decision. UD: went back and watched. DA said they weren't informed and Ko made no call so DA got the game.

Darren said the players weren't informed of the rule? Aren't players always informed of the rules before the tournament begins? How did Ko and the announcers know the rule then (JJ thought Darren had lost the game)?

As for Ko not saying anything, he did say something. After Darren moved the 9 ball Ko asked for an official to come over. What else could he have done in that situation?

I'm not asking you these questions, I'm just raising these questions because these are the questions I would have for the official.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren said the players weren't informed of the rule? Aren't players always informed of the rules before the tournament begins? How did Ko and the announcers know the rule then (JJ thought Darren had lost the game)?

As for Ko not saying anything, he did say something. After Darren moved the 9 ball Ko asked for an official to come over. What else could he have done in that situation?

I'm not asking you these questions, I'm just raising these questions because these are the questions I would have for the official.
Ko snoozed the shot, DA snoozed the rule. The 10 was pocketed and Ko said nothing til after. Too late. Move on.

MrBlack

Registered
Eleven Sports Network (ELVN) is showing the Predator World 10-ball tournament right now! Shaw v. LO.

DirecTV channel 623.

So nice to see it broadcasted!

Yes it is nice to see some pool on tv. I have Verizon Fios I cant remember what channel# but it is same network you mentioned. Hopefully we'll be seing more of it in the future.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been recording these matches on 623.
Pool is so much better on a 55" 4K TV then a little computer monitor.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Ko snoozed the shot, DA snoozed the rule. The 10 was pocketed and Ko said nothing til after. Too late. Move on.

Pocketing the 10 ball early doesn't end the game, and is not an illegal shot. You spot the 10 if you make it early, then keep shooting. So there was nothing for Ko to say until Darren moved the 9 ball after pocketing the 10, which is when he called the official over.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Exactly PoolBum,
Seen plenty of early shots on 10 to stay on table and provide position. That’s part of the game based on a particular rule set. It’s strange so late in the rack, but a ball on the spot can be reached from almost anywhere. You can’t foresee somebody raking remaining balls across the table to rack; you’d expect them to spot up. No, Napping in the chair not a part of it.