Installer Recommendations for Re-Install of Legacy Billiards Table

langsky

Registered
I am new to this game and I had a Legacy Billiards table installed a few months back. I like the table, but after some time with it and having others over to play, we noticed that the installer did not install the rails straight or square. I loosened the rails and straightened them out and now of course the table plays better, but something still just does not seem right. We have decided to rotate the table in the room to give proper clearance on short rails.

This is where my question comes in. I do not want to have the same company back to do the move/reinstall. Can anyone recommend someone that can do a proper move/reinstall and can service the Southwest Michigan area? I have done some searches, but there is not anyone very local (that I have found) and it is really hard to tell if the ones I do find are reputable. I tried contacting Legacy for advice as well, but they have never responded, which is really sad.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am new to this game and I had a Legacy Billiards table installed a few months back. I like the table, but after some time with it and having others over to play, we noticed that the installer did not install the rails straight or square. I loosened the rails and straightened them out and now of course the table plays better, but something still just does not seem right. We have decided to rotate the table in the room to give proper clearance on short rails.

This is where my question comes in. I do not want to have the same company back to do the move/reinstall. Can anyone recommend someone that can do a proper move/reinstall and can service the Southwest Michigan area? I have done some searches, but there is not anyone very local (that I have found) and it is really hard to tell if the ones I do find are reputable. I tried contacting Legacy for advice as well, but they have never responded, which is really sad.

Legacy don't care, they already have your money, so you're in their rear view mirror. All you can do is call around and ask for references of work that has been done in the past by at least 6 months or more....when you're talking to table mechanics. If they had any problems in their work, in 6 months time it would have shown up by then. If they can't provide references older than that, then move on to the next.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It may be too late but in the past when I've had a problem with vendors not standing behind their product or service I've told them "no problem, I'll just dispute the charge with my credit card company". That gets their attention every time

langsky

Registered
It may be too late but in the past when I've had a problem with vendors not standing behind their product or service I've told them "no problem, I'll just dispute the charge with my credit card company". That gets their attention every time

I think it is too late for that. I may try calling another Legacy dealer to see what they would charge to remedy the situation.

Is it better to go through a dealer or use an independent installer? I just do not want to void the lifetime warranty on the table.