Production cue vs same brand's Limited/Special Edition

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a McDermott Limited edition on the way, and am wondering if it will be sportier than plain McDermotts I have owned...or will it just be spiffier?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a McDermott Limited edition on the way, and am wondering if it will be sportier than plain McDermotts I have owned...or will it just be spiffier?

Well this depends on what you mean by "sportier". In most cases different designs from the same maker are just different designs with construction and hit feel being the same. Of course different woods will affect hit feel but not by too much. Most of the "sportiness" is in the shaft and tip. The butt does not affect what happens to the cueball, it's just a handle for the shaft. So I guess you got a fancier handle.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sportier? Spiffier? What are you really wanting to know? LE's in most brands are usually a small run of cues often more ornately inlaid. Don't play any different. So i guess in your vernacular just spiffier. ;)

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Nathan,

My simple response is "if you walk into a pool room and see someone with the exact same cue and you don't care", my guess is having a "spiffier" cue won't matter. If you really care, buy the "spiffier" version. Odds of seeing another one just like it are minimal.

Lyn

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If it was an SE shaft or something it could be different but most are usually just cosmetic.

Sent from the future.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spiffier McDermott? My favorite MickyD is the M11B last made in '09. It's their hustler model and there is nothing plainer made in two pieces. I like it. Nobody looking to steal it.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Folks pretty much have it covered but....which/what McDermott cue is on the way? :scratchhead:

That normally drives what shaft is standard for the cue.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue due tomorrow is a McDermott M23a (hope I remembered right) called the Spalted Gecko. I have only seen pictures, and it appears to not be a G-core or other LD shaft.

Under $100 made itan easy buy.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cue due tomorrow is a McDermott M23a (hope I remembered right) called the Spalted Gecko. I have only seen pictures, and it appears to not be a G-core or other LD shaft.

Under $100 made itan easy buy.
Google is your friend. :thumbup:
CropperCapture[507].png
That's list price followed by bluebook.