cue maker Info

John 1963

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Azers
If someone has any info that can put me in contact or a cell number of this cue maker named Jon Spitz would be very important to me.He has not responded to my text or facebook Brandy his wife responded just one time and that's it he suppose to be building my dream cue and was paid in full its been going on two years and nothing I know he moved in a new place that didn't have a work shop but he has not said anything about when or how the cue is coming along so please anybody out there that can put me intouch with this guy I would appreciate it thank you

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Hi Azers
If someone has any info that can put me in contact or a cell number of this cue maker named Jon Spitz would be very important to me.He has not responded to my text or facebook Brandy his wife responded just one time and that's it he suppose to be building my dream cue and was paid in full its been going on two years and nothing I know he moved in a new place that didn't have a work shop but he has not said anything about when or how the cue is coming along so please anybody out there that can put me intouch with this guy I would appreciate it thank you

Damn kid, sorry.

Hope it works out.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
your dream has been shattered. maybe now will learn to not pay in advance for things to strangers without a storefront. and for things that arent going to be delivered immediately.

if he doesnt answer it means he stole your money. find anyway to contact them and tell them you are filing a police and fbi report for interstate fraud. dont wait as the stateu of limitations can get involved.
you can find him with a cheap pay service or google enough you can get it.
if you find him insist you get your money back or the police are coming.
dont take any stalling tactics. its over.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
Author: Jon Spitz [ Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:04 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Who is You?
Hello everyone! My name is Jon Spitz (Spitz Custom Cues) 41 years old. I have been lurking on the forum here and there. I decided to join because this is a nice place to communicate and learn from others. I started playing pool in '96 because my brother Adam went off to College and spent most of his time at Ride the Nine in Bloomington IL. He didn't get a good education on academics, but he did get pretty darn good at pool. He would come home during holidays/summers and he would kick my butt. He always had a diffrent cue when he came back home. It got me interested in cues. more than playing I was into the design and playability and overall feel of each cue he got. So I started collecting/tradeing/selling cues to try as many of them as I could. I grew up working for my Dad at his tool and die shop in Chicago. I ran Blanchard grinders as well as Mattesion grinders thru my teens into my early 20's. Later on the company got a Kia machining Center with Fanuc controls. Me being a dumbass never payed attention to that machine and totally missed the boat on a free education on CNC. I have a beautiful loving wife and 3 children ages 13, 8, and 6. I got laid off my regular job in 2009 and took the plunge into making cues full time since. I have had great cuemakers lending knowledge to me like John Davis, Bobby Hunter, Ron Haley, Bill Schick, Dennis Searing, and Jake Hulsey. I appreciate y'all having me!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
Contact Information
Spitz Custom Cues
2625 N Travis St
Sherman, TX 75092
Title: Principal
Phone: (847) 529-7692

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lesson learned hopefully by everyone reading this thread which may still get successfully resolved.
No cue maker is entitled to anything more than a good faith deposit when they agree to build your cue.

Progress payments need to be completed during the build that ultimately pay it off in full by completion.
Anyone building a cue asking for more than that likely has larceny in the back of their minds. Be careful.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NEVER PAY UP FRONT FOR ANYTHING.

I do cues without deposits all the time, I just spent $150 on Sterling Silver rings for one cue and didn't ask for a deposit. I know that if that person does not follow thru, I sell it for more money, it happens now and then. With 15 Sterling Silver rings and some beautiful Cocobolo, the customer will be very happy.