Simonis 760

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
We have Simonis 760 cloth on our community's 4 pool tables. How long should that cloth last? Number of games? I was told 5000 games. :confused: Thanks in advance.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have Simonis 760 cloth on our community's 4 pool tables. How long should that cloth last? Number of games? I was told 5000 games. :confused: Thanks in advance.
In a housing community rec room? Stuff will last a LONG time in that environment. Even when it starts looking a bit worn it still has a lot left. Kinda the nature of worsted cloth.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why worry about it? It's installed, it's being used, when it starts to not work will be time to replace it. All those things are averages and estimations anyway, unless you are doing some testing for them and marking the games played and how many balls were hit it's nothing to bother spending time thinking about.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have 760 on my 8 foot table that is 8 years old--it has the typical pock marks from jumps and draws with the CB on the rail, but no a single torn fiber.

The trick is that I don't break, I just roll ball on the table and play from there.

I have been playing 1-3 hours a night since COVID started.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also wear will be determined by how clean you keep the cloth and how clean you keep the balls.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last time you posted a pic of your table that felt looked like it could have been replaced 2 years before that picture. If you ever decided to replace it your game would probably go south till you adjusted.

Needed it like a decade ago, honestly.

Got it from pool hall and reused the cloth, flipping it north/ south. It wasn't real new when I got it.

I do want it redone but gonna subrail extension it at same time, so not real motivated to go without it just yet.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Needed it like a decade ago, honestly.

Got it from pool hall and reused the cloth, flipping it north/ south. It wasn't real new when I got it.

I do want it redone but gonna subrail extension it at same time, so not real motivated to go without it just yet.

That’s understandable