Steve Dunkel

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK I got this cue on Tuesday and didn't even get to hit it before I played League on Tuesday evening I was running late and they'd started when I got there. I screwed it together and won all four games. I haven't even used the standard shaft, I had Steve build one of his high performance shafts for it. I don't know if its the shaft or the total combination of the cue but it will play with the best of them out there. The cue is Jamaican Cocus and I am not sure what the point wood is but its a nice combination. The joint and butt are Buffalo horn and it has a G-10 pin with Buffalo Wrap, roughly 19 oz's. The inlays and the wrap are flawless the points aren't perfect in length but so close it is a non issue for me. The most important part of the cue is that it play and it does, I love the feel and hit of this cue. Steve isn't a fan of the appearance of the Cocus Wood but I am. Steve was a gentleman to deal with and kept me informed of the cue process and discussed my thoughts and his thoughtfully. I have been fortunate over the years to have some very nice cues by what most would consider the best, I have also been lucky enough that all of them played and to be honest I couldn't pick out one that played better than the others but Steve's cue would play with any of them and that is saying ALOT! I can whole heartedly recommend Steve's cues. I showed it to a friend of mine and he thought the shaft work was the best he'd seen.

Attachments

• Dunkel Cue.jpg
    Dunkel Cue.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Dunkel Butt.jpg
    Dunkel Butt.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,107

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

What a beauty......your a lucky man to have one of Steve's cues to play with.
The workmanship is amazing...... As well as the playability. I still play with one of Steve's cues....

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is one of the good guys as well

Great looking cue, the fact that you like it should come as no surprise as many that have played with Steve's cues tend to like them. He also stands behind his work and does an outstanding job. Even points, clean sharp points, no fading or tearing in the veneer work, great balance and feel.

Congrats on a superb pick up.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Congrats. Saw the cue about a week ago. Steve is awesome to work with as well. I guess it's the reason I have 7 of his cues.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys Steve did me a SOLID on this cue adding more to it than I'd orginally requested. His machine broke down and his conscious got to him as he believed he took longer than he should have, I had no issue but it seems he is that type of guy. I have only respect for him as a person and a cue maker. This cue just feels good!

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update on Dunkel Cue

OK I have had this cue a year now and felt I needed to do an update. This cue is Solid the wrap and inlays are all still in place no movement no rise in the inlays, the wrap still is tight and smooth. I will say on this cue the points aren't perfect but damn close to it. Unless you you examine it with a critical eye you can't notice it, since this is the only Dunkel I have seen I cant say this is common. I purchased the cue to be my every day player and I can honestly say that I am totally pleased with the play ability of Steve's cue.I have had some highly regarded cues and this cue would play with the best of them. Granted it may not be a collectable cue (at the moment) but if you are looking for a cue that you can be proud to own that also plays you can do as good as Steve's cues but I doubt you can do better, I also didn't have to wait 3-10 yrs for it.