Loto Standard Tournment Pool Balls

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You base this on what? The cost of the raw materials? Well hell, i can go buy THE best ingredients and still make a thoroughly shitty cake. In fact i'll guarantee it. Cyclop are Chinese and they're not cheap. Its the PROCESS not just the materials that make quality balls. You want to buy cheap balls then go ahead. Considering how long a good set lasts $350bux is looks pretty good to me.

How dare they charge $350.00 for Chinese Balls. BTW if you take care of stuff, it last, I have an old Bicycle I bought New in 94, still ride it.

When I retired to AZ someone said heat would kill it, it would DELAMINATED, total BS story.

Scrunge19

Registered
Well Aramith balls are made in Belgium, not China. It's one thing to pay $35 for Chinese knockoffs. But to do that and complain how "Congress allowed American businesses to move to China, Vietnam, etc." is a little contradictory. Not to mention an oversimplification on why so much manufacturing has moved overseas.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well Aramith balls are made in Belgium, not China. It's one thing to pay $35 for Chinese knockoffs. But to do that and complain how "Congress allowed American businesses to move to China, Vietnam, etc." is a little contradictory. Not to mention an oversimplification on why so much manufacturing has moved overseas.

Manufactures of product got out of America for many reason.

Enviormental regulations.

OSHA.

Unions crazy wadge, and benefit for unskilled labor.

Cost of doing business.

IMHO Coingress allow this to happen, because they are both & paid for by lobbiests, PAC's, and special Intrests with money.

China, India, Phillipines, Vietnam, etc, we're giving business incentives to move there.

Bottom line it was about making more profits.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I don't care where they are made, I wouldn't buy a set of balls from a company that attempts to deceive by showing them in a box that is almost identical to a company that has a well established reputation.

I don't doubt they could be every bit as good as a $100 set of name brand balls but for something that you'll use for 10-15 years, spend the extra 2-3 cents a day and get a really good set.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How dare they charge $350.00 for Chinese Balls. BTW if you take care of stuff, it last, I have an old Bicycle I bought New in 94, still ride it.

When I retired to AZ someone said heat would kill it, it would DELAMINATED, total BS story.
Who cares if you take care of them? If they were cheap-ass balls to start they're still cheap-ass balls. WTF is up with the bicycle deal? Someone told you a bike, i'm guessing carbon-fiber frame, would de-laminate just 'cause its hot in AZ? Following your posts is one bizarre task.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Who cares if you take care of them? If they were cheap-ass balls to start they're still cheap-ass balls. WTF is up with the bicycle deal? Someone told you a bike, i'm guessing carbon-fiber frame, would de-laminate just 'cause its hot in AZ? Following your posts is one bizarre task.

It hard to find stuff not made in China, people who cry, should put all their Chinese Made Products in the trash can.

Sad truth is most Car & Pickup trucks have part made in China. Remove they, and the vechicle will not run.

Actually the bike is Specialized Brand with Japanese Componants, and the frame was apprently made in Taiwan.

BTW Don;t think there is any Pool Balls made in the USA. If so name the brand.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ah, inflation....there were brand new sets of balls with the same font selling about twenty
years ago in my area for $20...Canadian...’course, they didn’t have the knock-off box.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
very possible overruns that were made for a reputable maker that they ran off to sell later. happens frequently. sometime they just leave them the same or change them slightly to sell on their own.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very possible overruns that were made for a reputable maker that they ran off to sell later. happens frequently. sometime they just leave them the same or change them slightly to sell on their own.

Equally likely they were rejected for not meeting reputable's contracted standards.

$35...ya rolls the dice, ya takes ya chances.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That isn't the case, I own them.

It does seem very likely that they are using the same or equal machinery to make them as well as the same synthetic because they are balanced and smooth, but something chemically is not the same. It's probably phenolic, but it stops there.

As I stated before, I do own the 1.15 inch sets. While I have no idea of the injection or curing process, it seems that however they do it, it just so happens to work out for 1.15 inches (maybe because the curing time is fixed and it's slightly faster to cure less material... I really don't know).

But I actually do use various ball sizes so I'm always open to brand suggestions other than 2.25 inches (we're all familiar with those).