Simonis X-1 table cleaner

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do any users of the Simonis X-1 have an issue with the wiping cloth surface becoming "pilled" like an old sweater? It seems to still do it's job though. Thoughts ?Mitch

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot I had an X-1. Might start using it again. I'm concerned that the X-1 might simply push as much chalk down into the bed as it picks up. I've never seen that much chalk on the X-1 even after repeated use.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Simonis X-1, admittedly over-priced, does, in fact, work as advertised on Simonis and similarly woven pool table cloths. There are cloths that have a weave that has more nap than the Simonis and these will develop pill pilings if the X-1 is used on them.
Also, some people tend not to use the X-1 as directed. They push down too hard on the cloth. You're supposed to slide the X-1 lightly to make the static action work properly and this way will also prevent chalk dust from being pushed into the pockets.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Simonis X-1, admittedly over-priced, does, in fact, work as advertised on Simonis and similarly woven pool table cloths. There are cloths that have a weave that has more nap than the Simonis and these will develop pill pilings if the X-1 is used on them.
Also, some people tend not to use the X-1 as directed. They push down too hard on the cloth. You're supposed to slide the X-1 lightly to make the static action work properly and this way will also prevent chalk dust from being pushed into the pockets.

Good point. I forget, do they recommend vacuuming the X-1 to remove the chalk?