Loto Standard Tournment Pool Balls

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Was surfing his afternoon, found this ball set made in China for sale under $35.00 Delivered,

Anyone seen a set of these in person, impressions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 473

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Never saw them..but probably the old rule applies. That is, if a deal seems to be too good to be true...

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
China? Say it ain't so. I'm really pissed at China right now. A week ago I got a email saying a modified Predator shaft I was on a waiting list for is in. No. That's it, I'm not buying anything I can avoid if it's from China. No more Predator, hello McDermott. Revo, go suck a egg.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was surfing his afternoon, found this ball set made in China for sale under $35.00 Delivered,

Anyone seen a set of these in person, impressions?

Clearly stolen material there. Straight from aramith.

Don't let your cheapness cause you to support thieves.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These things come in a black plastic bag and sometimes without the lid to the box. The egg shell the balls sit in is as thin as what you find in chocolate covered cherries. You'll need to find a container.

I've bought several 1.15 inch sets and one set of 68mm. The 68mm set may or may not be phenolic, they probably are though considering how cheap phenolic is. The 68mm set weighs 25% less if you use the standard 2 25 inch weight (which is apparently Russian Pyramid), however the 1.15 inch set is under 2 grams of difference.

The 68mm set I will not use as they clearly feel to lightweight, that said, the 1.15 inch sets are the best I've ever used of this size, so I ordered 5 more and all 5 were identical to the first. So, if you want 68mm, forget it but, 1.15 inch is great.

Based on the 68mm, I do not believe a 2.25 inch will be the appropriate weight. While the 1.15 inchers are less than 2 grams off, that could still be considered a lot considering the volume. However, considering the weight distribution is uniformed, I really like them.

If you keep shopping on AliExpress, you'll find all kinds of sets that you just won't see on any "Western" store, especially for kids.

EDIT: these balls do not have a hardened coating around them like more expensive sets, so they can scuff easier (hence why I have 6 sets).

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The price is a dead give-away.

Well sometime price is also reflect on who manufacturing, and these Chinese companies are not spending big bucks on advertising.

I have a set of old old old Ball that are apprently made off shore, they look like hell, but still roll OK.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well sometime price is also reflect on who manufacturing, and these Chinese companies are not spending big bucks on advertising.

I have a set of old old old Ball that are apprently made off shore, they look like hell, but still roll OK.
You're not gonna get phenolic balls for 35bux. WTH does"roll ok" mean? Compare them to some decent phenolic balls. Probably pretty dead compared to good balls.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're cheap.

Some of us remember the Taco Bell thread.

And your 42 user names and multiple bannings....

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Thats our Cowboy sad to say if he buys theses cheap balls.
95 % of the time you get what you pay for.
And on a few Chinese sites you pay and get nothing.
My friend Phil the Fin found a cue that was 25% less and sent the money and never got the cue.
Nothing you can do about fake Chinese sites.
I'm a little mad at China right now.

My Lucasi cue is in time out.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're not gonna get phenolic balls for 35bux.

When did people start thinking phenolic resins were expensive? Phenolic balls have to be cheaper than any other ball made.... gotta be.

Phenolic isn't expensive. At this first search result, international retail of the cost of both the powder and catalyst would be about 2 USD for the 3 sets of 2.25 inch balls. I have no idea how cheap it is if you're in Guangzhou or Shenzhen (has to be pennies per kilo).

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/phenolic-resin-price.html

Phenolic is cheap and has been coming out of China for decades in everything from costume beads to cheap sporting goods. I can't possibly see how phenolic pool balls would cost more to produce than any other ball.... every other type has to be more expensive.

China is tooled up for everything under the sun. Resins, polymers, alloys...shit everything.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When did people start thinking phenolic resins were expensive? Phenolic balls have to be cheaper than any other ball made.... gotta be.

Phenolic isn't expensive. At this first search result, international retail of the cost of both the powder and catalyst would be about 2 USD for the 3 sets of 2.25 inch balls. I have no idea how cheap it is if you're in Guangzhou or Shenzhen (has to be pennies per kilo).

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/phenolic-resin-price.html

Phenolic is cheap and has been coming out of China for decades in everything from costume beads to cheap sporting goods. I can't possibly see how phenolic pool balls would cost more to produce than any other ball.... every other type has to be cheaper.

China is tooled up for everything under the sun. Resins, polymers, alloys...shit everything.
You base this on what? The cost of the raw materials? Well hell, i can go buy THE best ingredients and still make a thoroughly shitty cake. In fact i'll guarantee it. Cyclop are Chinese and they're not cheap. Its the PROCESS not just the materials that make quality balls. You want to buy cheap balls then go ahead. Considering how long a good set lasts $350bux is looks pretty good to me.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You base this on what? The cost of the raw materials? Well hell, i can go buy THE best ingredients and still make a thoroughly shitty cake. In fact i'll guarantee it. Cyclop are Chinese and they're not cheap. Its the PROCESS not just the materials that make quality balls. You want to buy cheap balls then go ahead. Considering how long a good set lasts $350bux is looks pretty good to me.

Did you know an iOS "app" was once sold for $1,000 that was literally just a picture? The developer disclosed that in just 24 hours, he sold 8 of these "apps". The app was pulled after 24 hours. How were the customers certain that "app" was better than the competition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Rich

Again, these balls are probably phenolic, perfectly round and balanced but, I wouldn't use the 2.25 inch size because the weight is very likely to be under ~165g (and the lack of exterior finishing kills the life span).

Scrunge19

Registered
Buy once, cry once. Why buy 6 sets of cheap balls with no information on how they were made or what they're made of when you could spend the extra hundred bucks or so and get a set of proven, high quality balls?

The 'disposable' culture we live in now where poorly made products are priced at rock bottom prices with the thought that you can just buy another when that one fails, breaks, rips, etc. is so wasteful. I'd rather spend the money and buy a quality product that is going to last than cheap out and buy something I'll throw away after 2-3 uses.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thats our Cowboy sad to say if he buys theses cheap balls.
95 % of the time you get what you pay for.
And on a few Chinese sites you pay and get nothing.
My friend Phil the Fin found a cue that was 25% less and sent the money and never got the cue.
Nothing you can do about fake Chinese sites.
I'm a little mad at China right now.

My Lucasi cue is in time out.

Well I am frugel, simply do not need world class, the old set I have is cheap, but they lasted 10 years.

Aramith is just to expensive, so these look Ok. I asked about these Loto's, to see if anyone actually owned a set.

BTW we have allowed ourself to become dependent on China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and India because our leader in Congress allow American business to move to far off lands. With no import taxes.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well said.

What you describe is "The Crapping of America".

Too many people shop on price alone.

Buy once, cry once. Why buy 6 sets of cheap balls with no information on how they were made or what they're made of when you could spend the extra hundred bucks or so and get a set of proven, high quality balls?

The 'disposable' culture we live in now where poorly made products are priced at rock bottom prices with the thought that you can just buy another when that one fails, breaks, rips, etc. is so wasteful. I'd rather spend the money and buy a quality product that is going to last than cheap out and buy something I'll throw away after 2-3 uses.