New Tom Brooks Cue Case
Old
  (#1)
howardthedick
BIG Head Club
howardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond reputehowardthedick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

New Tom Brooks Cue Case - 01-29-2014, 04:18 PM

I got this case last weekend from Tom at Derby City. It's a 2x4 The front and top of the case is loaded with accents of Stingray and the back of the case has an inlay of genuine Python. Body of the case is cowhide. This case is gorgeous. Tom is a master leathermaker and specializes in leather carving and leather braiding. To see some of his very fancy carved leather cases stop by Don Shermans (Sureman) booth or Omega Mikes at the Derby City Classics. Omega Mike has a really decked out brand new Tom Brooks case with tons of carving in a Genghis Khan theme. Toms cases are truly works of art. Not to mention functional and well made.
Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
vinniebabarooch
Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
vinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond reputevinniebabarooch has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4235

01-29-2014, 04:35 PM

Very nice case!

Always looking for Hercek's and Szamboti's......

Old
  (#3)
Badbeat13
AzB Silver Member
Badbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-29-2014, 04:56 PM

Good looking case.

Congrats, Jerry

Jerry Knoxville

Also known as Cod Lock and First Lt.of the world famous Lock Society.

Old
  (#4)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
01-30-2014, 06:57 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom at the show and he is a great person, hell of a leather worker and very artistic. He showed me some of his work that hasn't been seen on the net and it's even more impressive. He has a double lacing method that he invented which looks super cool and makes the case stronger and even nicer to look at.

I look forward to talking more with Tom and learning his lacing method. He graciously offered to teach me and because we were closing up and I was so tired I put it off. But Tom, you are on the list of places to visit and during the coming year we are going to travel and meet all of our friends so you can show me how to do it in the proper setting, your workbench. :-)

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful work with me, I was honored that you did.

Edit. Also not to stir up shit but just for the sake of accuracy, and Howard your pictures SUCK :-) -

Tom's inlays are TRUE inlays. And they are tight. No, I mean they ARE TIGHT. No glue lines, flush, 100% accurate and perfectly executed. They don't look like filigree, they look like inlays as we all understand inlays in cues.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Last edited by JB Cases; 01-30-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Old
  (#5)
SCCues
< Searing Twins
SCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-30-2014, 07:15 AM

There's another reason I wish I'd gone to the DCC besides the great pool you get to meet craftsman like Tom. Your case looks outstanding.

Playing cue:-Mottey-
Cues:--Paul Mottey and Kenny Murrell--
Favorite Pool Games:--9 Ball & One Pocket--

Old
  (#6)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
01-30-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCues View Post
There's another reason I wish I'd gone to the DCC besides the great pool you get to meet craftsman like Tom. Your case looks outstanding.
And I forgot to say that THIS CASE is how you work with stingray. Not only did Tom lace this up BY HAND.....TWICE but he also perfectly inlaid the stingray diamonds into veg tan seamlessly.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: