titlest willie hoppie

timefixer

Does anyone know if balabushka ever made one of his early cues with just a titlest blank and a brass joint, I purchased one from an estate that had a written paper stating it was a balabushka, but can't find any that plain listed, any way to tell by the joint? has paper blue hoppie, brunswick label and a leather wrap. Think it is just wishfull thinking? thanks

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you're really intent on finding out, Pete Tascarella is considered the highest authority on all things Bushka. You'd have to send it to him, I believe.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt that you have a Balabushka, just from your description of the cue. I have never seen or heard of one that still had the Brunswick label on it. He did use Titlist blanks in construction of his cues. Tascarella is THE authority on authenticating them.

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member
I'd also doubt George would have left a label on one of his cues, but as others have said, Pete Tascarella would be the man for authentication.

Balabushka did do some titlist conversions with brass joints. Here is one: http://www.chalkers.com/id662.htm

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your description states what you have. A Brunswick Hoppe. Depending on condition worth could be from $400.00 to $1,000.00.

Does it show the oz on the butt and have the Hoppe signature?