I paid $2500 southwest cue that is warped !

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
OK this is what happened here I paid by the sellers request that it be a direct deposit by wire transfer to his bank account in Indonesia, No Paypal doesn't matter anymore anyway !

I paid him on the 25-26th

it took from the Sept.27th he mailed it out to Oct 6th stuck in customs for 7-8 days in NY
BF2A526F-BC94-4B92-BD4B-C337BDE5D47A-521-00000022058C44BF.jpg

28FD6C09-24AA-479C-B1FC-CF73847D8E70-619-0000004517D90F9F.jpg

This is not my fault in shipping time ! I had bought a couple of cues from someone else from indonesia and I think they sent it fedex to me without a problem I believe it was Graciecues I bought from anyway that was the timeline on shipping

before I bought the cue his sales thread read it was straight together and apart ! I did not capture it saying that because he deleted it but I asked him if the cue was straight as he said it was and said YES together and apart :rolleyes:

here's a link of a previous link thread on the same cue but he'll probably delete this soon after I post it but I took a snapshot of it
2012-09-25232150.png

the post says "They are straight"

Now he's brought this up a couple of times in PM's to me about southwest cues being a little wobble in the from forearm AS I know this was a joke around here about the SW wobble cues and there was a thread on here about that ! "BUT I ASKED IF THE CUE WAS STRAIGHT" and he said YES together and apart to me,

This was his explanation; Hi Steven,

It is straight, 1-2.5 inches from the joint is the SW tapper there will be a little woble when you roll it on the pool table, its like that, ive own several SW cues, even my friend, all of them are having the same. Idk how to explain the straighness of the sw cue, but i usually do it from seeing from the top bottom to the master tip to checking the straightness..

Thanks,
BR,
Wilson

Now when I received the cue I took it right to my apartment and took pictures of the box it was shipped in because it looked beat up

A7D7CF74-704A-4EB8-828D-A48A9F01663D-154-000000057BC7FA30.jpg

cue was in fine shape he had packed it in a case and had joint protectors on it.

But he says here he checked for straightness before shipping,

" Hi Steven,

Sorry, but I check it right before I put in the case and shipped it, it was not warped for sure. But I can't take responsibility if its became warped, because I've checked it before shipped it and it was fine. And the 7 days missing..

Sorry.."

The bottom line here I Paid $2500 for a southwest cue and expect a dead straight cue for that price.

I expect Verwirrer to take back this cue and return my money on the grounds he admit it's like that !..............all southwest cues have that in the nose BULLSHIT

he also tried to blame it on it being missing 7 days in customs hands> I had nothing to do with the U.S. CUSTOMS holding the cue

VERIWIRRE I'm willing to take a couple of hundred lost just take it back and be Honest

Please people chime in here ! if it was you i'm sure you wouldn't except it either and I'm NOT.

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
You should have taken it up with him first instead of just jumping into a thread. Let him make it right before bashing him, yes I understand your frustration. But banging your head against the wall only hurts you in the end!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
This is why I would never buy a cue from overseas. It is very possible the cue was 100% straight when he shipped it and moved during the trip from a tropical environment to a temperate one. How someone is supposed to guarantee a cue won't move under those circumstances is beyond me.

I see it from both sides here and hope you guys find a resolution. If not I look forward to another twenty pager.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
I had he same thing happen with a cue recently, no warpage or damage though. The cue arrived at the sort facility in NY on Sept 10th and I got it on the 24th.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
You should have taken it up with him first instead of just jumping into a thread. Let him make it right before bashing him, yes I understand your frustration. But banging your head against the wall only hurts you in the end!

I did take it up with him and I told him I was going to post a thread on this cue sale.

I had nothing to do with the 7 days it was your shipping method not mine it was your responsibility to get it to me as advertised, i paid for it the way you wanted it to be paid for into your account directly but received not what I expected, I will make a thread on this so everyone could chime in here

Thanks Steven

Ive packed the cue the best i can, and i checked it right before i put it in the case. Ive ask my friends about sw cue they say the same it have wobble, and about the warped its not warped. You can find that in az about sw cue. Ok you can posted it.

Thanks
Wilson

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
This is why I would never buy a cue from overseas. It is very possible the cue was 100% straight when he shipped it and moved during the trip from a tropical environment to a temperate one. How someone is supposed to guarantee a cue won't move under those circumstances is beyond me.

I see it from both sides here and hope you guys find a resolution. If not I look forward to another twenty pager.

I guess you didn't READ every word he said about SW cues :rolleyes:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I guess you didn't READ every word he said about SW cues :rolleyes:

No need to get all colored text on me.

Good luck with your new pretzel.

Edit: I did read what he said. I also bet English is not his first language and what I see in there is that he probably asked his friends if the cue could warp in shipping and someone spouted one of the many SW myths that they all have "taper roll" or whatever. If you are not savvy enough to understand what can happen to a piece of wood moving between a jungle and New York thats on you.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0

This is very true, the temperature changes and humidity can be really extreme. When I get mail and packages here in AZ they are usually pretty warm from being in the vehicle just driven around during the extreme temps. Then you have the extremes of being in a plane where things are freezing cold too. The cue could have been straight and certainly have changed during that time. You can leave a cue out in the extreme cold and heat for one day and it can move.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
There is some discussion of the SW taper in this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=257942&highlight=southwest+taper+roll

especially on pages 3&4.

I'm not saying your cue is not warped, but apparently, they can be straight and still roll funny because of the unique taper that SW uses.

Is there a decent cue repair guy near you that can simply spin it on a lathe for you? That would tell you a lot.

My 2 cents,

Gary

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Maybe it will bounce back to the original form. That would be great. Good luck with it.

This can happen. Several years ago I was in Vegas with a group of people and a guy with us went up to a booth to trade his cue and when the dealer rolled it there was a definite wobble. When we got back to Indiana and after a week or so it was completely back to normal. Funny thing is, it was very similar to a SW cue in design and quality. Same pin, 6 points like most all their cues, same wide ring in buttsleeve...etc.

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Three years ago I drove from Arizona to Atlanta in August to visit a friend of mine. We both love playing pool so I took my Southwest cue. I
play with the cue several times a week and I know for a fact the cue is dead straight. We went out and played one night in Atlanta and when I rolled the cue on the table it had a major warp age. My heart sank and I immediately knew I should have left the cue in Arizona. I drove home a few weeks later. When I returned home I took the cue to a local cue builder to see if anything could be done to straighten it out. He rolled it on a table at his place to see how bad it was and much to my surprise the cue was Dead Straight. I could not believe my eyes.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Three years ago I drove from Arizona to Atlanta in August to visit a friend of mine. We both love playing pool so I took my Southwest cue. I
play with the cue several times a week and I know for a fact the cue is dead straight. We went out and played one night in Atlanta and when I rolled the cue on the table it had a major warp age. My heart sank and I immediately knew I should have left the cue in Arizona. I drove home a few weeks later. When I returned home I took the cue to a local cue builder to see if anything could be done to straighten it out. He rolled it on a table at his place to see how bad it was and much to my surprise the cue was Dead Straight. I could not believe my eyes.

I've seen this happen too. Wood is crazy stuff.... I'd wager that is what happened to this Southwest cue in this thread. Not only are you dealing with humidity differences, who knows what type of extreme temps it was exposed to in shipping.

Best bet will be to spin it on a lathe and see just how bad it is warped. I agree with most that Southwest cues do roll 'funny' due to the parabolic taper.

Good luck to both the involved, hope yall work it out.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's a shame

Sorry to hear about this.The wood could move due to climate changes.No real way to tell if it had any warp before shipping.I swear,no overseas purchases any more.I hate the waiting,anxiety and customs hang ups and now warpage.Oh no! Good luck to both buyer and seller.I feel your pain(to the buyer)
Marc

wjdsnipes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
sw my 2 cents

i was going to buy it we were 200 off .i dont agree on telling other people your problems it has nothing to do with anyone but you to guys from what hear this guy is a good guy just my 2 cents

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
A lot of cues come back from Asia and roll bad....high rel humidity environment to a lower one here in the states. I'd be surprised in a few weeks after it's acclimitized, if it doesn't roll better. This is always something to consider when bringing a cue back from there, especially a SW. Hope this works out you guys.

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
possible fix

I live in the cold dry north and had 2 or 3 cues show a warp or ring lift. a guitar player showed me a really neat trick. put the cue in a box with a bowl of water beside it, check the water and top it up every day, good chance your cue will be better in a week or so.