OK, heres a simple aiming system video

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
this simple aiming method has improved my cuts that i was just always struggling with

now, like the guy says in the video, you dont even need to look at the pocket, its amazing

unfortunate name though, shoulda been, the 25 percent or something

saying i ran 77 with std will sound a bit strange lol
Do you recognize that this is an "approximation" system, and not "geometrically accurate" as described?

That doesn't mean it "doesn't work" - it means it works like all aiming systems: by giving you an easy way to get close to the actual cut angle, from where your subconscious can more readily estimate the needed adjustment - just like fractional aiming, for instance (or CTE, although I risk being struck by Cookielightning for saying that here in the Church of CTE).

Good luck with it.

pj
chgo

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s amazing to me anyone can play with 3 aim points for all shots. I have not tried any aiming system for a few years now. The one linked by the video I simply can’t fathom how it could possibly work, thus, I will this go to the table and try it. It certainly seems easy enough to understand the person’s direction. I will video my experience and report back.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
its effective for me, i threw out 8 balls last night, didnt look at any pockets, worked great

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
its effective for me, i threw out 8 balls last night, didnt look at any pockets, worked great
I'm guessing it's the "pivot" that works for you - a deliberate linear "scan" of the possible cut angles until your subconscious says "Eureka!".

However it works, it's great that it does - mazeltov!

pj <- or whatever they say in Tel Aviv pool halls
chgo

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just tried it. Same results as when I tried another aiming system on here a few years ago. Some balls go in, while others miss by a diamond.

The first system he had of an almost straight shot was to aim full ball hit, then pivot to 25 or 75 percent. For me, it only worked for even fuller shots than he showed in his video. My pivot I guess did not cut the ball as much as his.

His other two systems left no room for interpretation of pivot amounts, as there was no pivot. One was center cb to edge of ob. The third was edge of CB to edge of OB. As expected, these shots produced a very specific cut angle. Anything that was not that angle, did not go.

Not worthy of video recording, imo.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just tried it. Same results as when I tried another aiming system on here a few years ago. Some balls go in, while others miss by a diamond.
The first system he had of an almost straight shot was to aim full ball hit, then pivot to 25 or 75 percent. For me, it only worked for even fuller shots than he showed in his video. My pivot I guess did not cut the ball as much as his.
His other two systems left no room for interpretation of pivot amounts, as there was no pivot. One was center cb to edge of ob. The third was edge of CB to edge of OB. As expected, these shots produced a very specific cut angle. Anything that was not that angle, did not go.
-----------

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I got the same results as you. Lol.