Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Do You Carry When Playing Pool.
Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-07-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post

…..You can’t carry in a bar setting but you can carry in a Walmart Store in CA. If
there were a couple of dozen CCW holders in that Walmart store this past weekend
and CCW holders are trained to shoot with reasonable accuracy, well, who knows?....
Only extracting the above bit because I'm not looking to disagree with you in general but that part does invite an obvious question.

Maybe my old memory is playing up. I can't remember the exact details re open carry/concealed carry etc, but I could have sworn it was published that that customers are permitted to carry guns in the Walmart El Paso store. So, assuming that's true (apologies if it isn't) how can we actually know there weren't a few, maybe even, as you put it 'a couple of dozen' carrying customers trained to shoot with reasonable accuracy somewhere in the El Paso Walmart during the mass shooting....and who for various potential reasons simply didn't do what you (and most of us) would expect them to do?

It's probably a bit cynical to say so, but for obvious reasons any customers that were legally carrying at that time and did nothing despite having had the opportunity to do so are not realistically very likely to be in any hurry to make it known now that they were carrying during the mass shooting.

On the other hand it could have just been pot luck that there were no carrying customers in there at the time or that those who were there didn't have an opportunity to act.

One thing that would be pretty clear, assuming the report that carrying is permitted in El Paso Walmart store is true, is that if there were no customers at all legally carrying in the store at the time it probably wasn't because any Walmart rules stopped them carrying in the store.

Mike

Last edited by memikey; 08-07-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Old
  (#32)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 05:44 AM

Walmart around here doesn't have pool tables, at least not for use by customers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#33)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
I don't carry a firearm in the pool, shower, or nude beach/ocean.
PRED on a nude beach? I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 08-07-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Old
  (#34)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

08-07-2019, 06:04 AM

Yessir. I carry everywhere. Nobody can predict when or where evil will strike.

Only exceptions are Govt buildings and when I'm on Base.

I carry for threats against ME and family. If 2 gangbangers want to shoot at each other in a pool hall, let em have at it. Not my fight and I won't draw.

-von

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??

Old
  (#35)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRobbins View Post
Common sense saves lives, not gun free zones.
Yes, you are quite right. Itís too bad that many on both sides of this discussion canít
count common sense among their many attributes.

Old
  (#36)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-07-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip100 View Post
Men, women and children in pool halls packing heat - now that's a recipe for bringing our game back into the mainstream.

It must be a sad existence to be so scared of daily life that you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go.
Sure. As an former cop, I carried every day. Nobody thought twice about that. So, yes, did I run into some bad people? Sure, but I ran into them in your neighborhoods. In your schools. In your bars. In your pool rooms. In your convenience stores. In your streets. Any questions?

So, I should protect myself against these mental defectives but the population I was paid to protect should not protect themselves ( I did not live in the town I worked)

In almost all violent crimes I responded to, I was only there obtain evidence to try and catch/convict the perpetrator. Not one time, not even once, did I get there to stop a violent crime from happening. It was always too late.

As they say, when seconds counts, police are only minutes away. It's a fact, and if folks have no worries, then don't carry. But, to the tens of thousands that have protected themselves and saved their loved ones from a violent maniac, I doubt they regret it very much. Much rather have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and don't have it.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 08-07-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Old
  (#37)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:21 AM

I feel less safe, not more, when there are "good guys with guns" around me. Too many good guys (including me) do stupid shit on occasion, and I think that's much more likely than one of them stopping a bad guy.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#38)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member
DelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboy70363 View Post
Not sure about your state......In Louisiana carrying inside an establishment the sells alcohol for consumption is prohibited.

Sent from my mobular device!
Same here for GA. Carrying in bars is prohibited, however an establishment that sells alcohol is such a vague term.

I believe the rule is, if it's a restaurant with a bar license = can CCW (Applebees, Longhorn, etc.)

If it's a bar with a food license = no dice my friend. Back to the old West days. Leave it at the door, gents!

Old
  (#39)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I feel less safe, not more, when there are "good guys with guns" around me. Too many good guys (including me) do stupid shit on occasion, and I think that's much more likely than one of them stopping a bad guy.

pj

chgo
You can think that but the facts and statistics disagree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#40)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:

pj
chgo
That makes zero sense. Especially someone in Chicago. how many good guys shot someone last year in Chicago? I do know over 2,000 folks were shot by bad guys though. Weird. If you are a pool player, you should NOT like those odds.

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Old
  (#41)
CuesRus1973
AzB Silver Member
CuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond reputeCuesRus1973 has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip100 View Post
Men, women and children in pool halls packing heat - now that's a recipe for bringing our game back into the mainstream.

It must be a sad existence to be so scared of daily life that you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go.
Nobody will ever force you to carry. no more than anybody forces you to watch a TV show or listen to radio. You can always change the channel.We won't mess with your right to vote. Don't mess with our right to carry.

Legal carriers are not the ones committing the crimes. Criminals aren't carrying legally. That's why they're called "criminals.

When seconds count, police are minutes away...

Keepin' the rubber side down...

Old
  (#42)
logical
sarcasm while you wait

08-07-2019, 06:36 AM

It's always amusing to see people suggest that a person setting out to murder one or more people is going to be stopped by a law that might expose him to a simple illegal weapons charge.

Old
  (#43)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
...statistics disagree.
What statistics?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#44)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Sure. As an former cop, I carried every day. Nobody thought twice about that. So, yes, did I run into some bad people? Sure, but I ran into them in your neighborhoods. In your schools. In your bars. In your pool rooms. In your convenience stores. In your streets. Any questions?

So, I should protect myself against these mental defectives but the population I was paid to protect should not protect themselves ( I did not live in the town I worked)

In almost all violent crimes I responded to, I was only there obtain evidence to try and catch/convict the perpetrator. Not one time, not even once, did I get there to stop a violent crime from happening. It was always too late.

As they say, when seconds counts, police are only minutes away. It's a fact, and if folks have no worries, then don't carry. But, to the tens of thousands that have protected themselves and saved their loved ones from a violent maniac, I doubt they regret it very much. Much rather have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and don't have it.
I agree with your post!

Either we get medieval on hate behavior and change the way parents are allowed to discipline children!!!

Or

We arm everyone and return to the wild, wild, west! This time out stuff and the doctor patient confidentiality rules keep the crazy people walking amongst us. To the detriment of society and law enforcement...

We have parents more concerned with protecting their kids then society and it shows. Kids with severe behavioral problems forced into class rooms at the expense of other children and it has gone too far. We have cameras on cops and school buses and classrooms. But, despite video evidence of the mental illness. Nothing is being done.

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#45)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

08-07-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
What statistics?

pj
chgo
The ones that show how many folks with a CC permit shoot someone compared to the general population that gets shot. AS I've said, how many CC folks shot someone last year in Chicago. Honestly, I can't even remember any. It's kind of the last time a card carrying member of the NRA shot anyone.... something that is as rare as a pool player tipping.

TZAR Tips now available.

Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: