Old
  (#91)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

08-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1228 View Post
You think you got a deal! A friend of my said he had a friend that had an old table stored in his garage for 30 years and will give it away to anyone who will haul it away. I already had a nice 9 footer in my home but we went to look at it anyway. Lo and behold it was a Gold Crown 1 or 2. I immediately snatched it up and within two weeks I restored it and now it sits in my home and looks like brand new. From the moment the GC came out in the 60s I wanted one, but dad said no, too expensive. Now 55 years later I have my GC.
Awesome! Any pics to share?

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#92)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 06:14 PM

Interesting..."Year of Manufacture From 1981 To 1984"

Now it's even more confusing. Are the pre 1981 Gold Crowns that have Brustone fitted with a replacement paying surface? How can they have Brustone if it didn't come out until 1981?

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Last edited by rexus31; 08-07-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Old
  (#93)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-07-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post

Now it's even more confusing. Are the pre 1981 Gold Crowns that have Brustone fitted with a replacement paying surface? How can they have Brustone if it didn't come out until 1981?
B'stone was around way before the 80's.

Old
  (#94)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

08-07-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post

If you believe that bs, that's during the GC3 production years, almost up to the GC4 production starting. So now what, the mid to end of the GC3 production cycle was Brunstone??....and 1 1/4" thick?....LMAO....yeah, ok!!

Old
  (#95)
9 Ball Fan
Darth Maximus
9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2019, 10:10 PM

Cool story. Good luck with your table.

Favorite Cues:
Meucci Pro Series
1990s Viking

Old
  (#96)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

08-09-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
If you believe that bs, that's during the GC3 production years, almost up to the GC4 production starting. So now what, the mid to end of the GC3 production cycle was Brunstone??....and 1 1/4" thick?....LMAO....yeah, ok!!
I hear you, Glen. You'd think the manufacturer would have a clue but unfortunately, they do not, I even emailed them requesting info on Brustone and when it was first manufactured and they directed me to the links already posted. Pretty sad, actually.

Old
  (#97)
Paul Webster
AzB Bronze Member
Paul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2019, 06:29 AM

Does anyone know what the paint codes are for the colirs, blue, white and that peach color ? Thank you

Old
  (#98)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

08-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
Does anyone know what the paint codes are for the colirs, blue, white and that peach color ? Thank you
The search feature is your friend.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=489750

Gold crown 1 or 2 paint codes
Old
  (#99)
Paul Webster
AzB Bronze Member
Paul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond reputePaul Webster has a reputation beyond repute

Gold crown 1 or 2 paint codes - 08-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Does anyone know what the paint codes are for the white, blue and peach color was ? Restoring a GC1 THANK YOU

Old
  (#100)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-09-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
Does anyone know what the paint codes are for the white, blue and peach color was ? Restoring a GC1 THANK YOU
https://youtu.be/KrXa_dpYv0A

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Progress!!!
Old
  (#101)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

Progress!!! - 08-16-2019, 04:56 PM

A week in Little Rock, AR for work threw a wrench in my pace but I've made some real progress over the last few days. After some trial and error with my Finish Super Max HVLP Sprayer, I am happy to report all white pieces are complete except for the skirts. Some fine sanding marks are showing through so I plan to give them one more coat tomorrow morning. Overall, I am very happy with how everything turned out. They are not 100% perfect but I am probably the only one who will know of the flaws. Here are some pics:

Foot End Pedestal:

Head End Pedestal:

Pedestal Runner:

Ball Box:
The back of the ball box was busted out when I bought the table. I cut a new piece from 1/2" poplar to match and painted it apart. I will install the back once the paint cures.

Skirts:

Last edited by rexus31; 08-17-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Old
  (#102)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

08-16-2019, 04:57 PM

I also made some progress on the metal work. I originally thought the feet were aluminum but they are a nickel plated die cast steel alloy of some sort. The pocket castings are also die cast (anodized) and the rail trim is extruded aluminum, also anodized. The rail trim is being re-anodized and should look like new once finished at a cost of $170 for the set. The feet and pocket castings would be very expensive to bring back to original and there is no guarantee they would look as new. I made a visit to a local powder coating shop and discovered a near dead match powder color I will be using on the pocket castings and feet. The person who quotes was on a fishing trip and will not be back until next week so I will not have a price until then. There is another shop I've used in the past so I may see if they can get the same color.

Last edited by rexus31; 08-17-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Old
  (#103)
dlvh
AzB Bronze Member
dlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond reputedlvh has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanks for updating this thread.

Paint job looks very nicely done. Interesting that your casting seems to have a Coating on them, that I don't believe (now seeing yours) mine has/had. I'd be very interested to see your tables feet.

Keep up the great work!

Old
  (#104)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 05:38 PM

That looks really Good! (like the Great White by the way)

Old
  (#105)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

08-16-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvh View Post
Thanks for updating this thread.

Paint job looks very nicely done. Interesting that your casting seems to have a Coating on them, that I don't believe (now seeing yours) mine has/had. I'd be very interested to see your tables feet.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks!

Gold Crown 1 & 2's had anodized castings so the metal wouldn't oxidize.

Page 7 of 13 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: