Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Please refund the money you owe!!
Page 3 of 16 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-04-2019, 03:48 PM

If it's legitimate flimflamery, I for one appreciate the heads up.

Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#32)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP1976 View Post
Nope, that was Brett Somers.

Will Prout

Old
  (#33)
jeephawk
AzB Gold Member
jeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 04:39 PM

I guess I don't know how things work around here in all circumstances, but allowing a thread with an inflammatory first post and then "I'll get back to everyone with the facts" seems pretty unreasonable, and reflects even more poorly on the person starting the thread. Not real impressed at this point, and will now be taking in any of the "details" with more than a few grains of salt.

Old
  (#34)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephawk View Post
I guess I don't know how things work around here in all circumstances, but allowing a thread with an inflammatory first post and then "I'll get back to everyone with the facts" seems pretty unreasonable, and reflects even more poorly on the person starting the thread. Not real impressed at this point, and will now be taking in any of the "details" with more than a few grains of salt.

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#35)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-04-2019, 05:07 PM

Gentlemen........please refrain from the ineptful humor since this is a genuinely important and serious issue.
Brent Summers is entitled to be judged fairly but if he decides to not participate, he deserves all the crap.
Accepting a cue order is a contract. This isn't a walk in the store, browse the display case & take a cue home.
And $2800 for a custom cue is serious money and the customer is entitled to the cue he ordered and still awaits.

All too often a cue-maker and his customer reside in different states that can also be very far apart. But when
different states are involved, any criminal prosecution of the cue-maker becomes much more complicated.
But what about the customer that waits and waits to get his cue and finally years later ,this cue finally shows up.
And much to the customer's dismay, the cue has flaws and is basically a botched job but the cue-maker is
basically unresponsive and refuses to refund the money. Shouldn't future customers via the Forum be alerted?

The Forum is the only location where problem cue-makers are identified and sometimes the issue gets resolved.
Brethen Azers offer suggestions....and sarcasm......but people soon find out if the issue is legitimate and that's good.
Being forewarned is almost as good as being forearmed. It's usually better to avoid a problem than confronting one.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Forum and I do hope that this gets resolved to your ultimate satisfaction.
The cue-makers I have dealt with have been wonderful people & Bob Owen has truly been just the best of the best.
If you can get your money back, head straight to Bob and you will never be disappointed with the cue that he builds.

Matt B.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#36)
Chili Palmer
Banned
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe46 View Post
They sell the Brent Summers cues. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Brent-Su...=page_internal is his fb page, not much action or current...
I guess it's a bit disturbing, to me, that someone would post a link to a reputable site that sells cues and (I'm assuming) has no direct affiliation with Brent Summers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post
Hmm. I'm not seeing any Proficient billiards sales of BS cues.

The Facebook page of BS looks cool, about a dozen photos of 3 cues.....

Yep, but the link provided did not point that/this:

https://www.proficientbilliards.com/...?/category/637

Adn

Old
  (#37)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 05:44 PM

The smokinjoe user was the one who added proficient billiards who do top notch refinishes.

He should remove that, heck the whole thread should be removed until A, B, C, are all outlined.

Get your information together FIRST, then post what you want, not ruin a mans reputation (possibly someone who might have just been wanting to buy a stick) and then say you'll get back to us on that.

Old
  (#38)
KAP1976
AzB Silver Member
KAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond reputeKAP1976 has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
Gentlemen........please refrain from the ineptful humor since this is a genuinely important and serious issue.
We don't know that for a fact yet. In fsct, we don't know any of the facts yet.

Old
  (#39)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
Thanks i dont think i laughed harder in a week

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#40)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppecopy View Post
Brent Summers do the right thing.
Please refund my $2823.00, do not deal with this cue maker.
Who the F is Brent Summers?

Old
  (#41)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-04-2019, 06:26 PM

You have till April 15 to file for a refund.

Old
  (#42)
Texdance
AzB Silver Member
Texdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond reputeTexdance has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 08:01 PM

7 hours later, still no reply from the OP. I know people have jobs, weddings, bar mitzvas, car breakdowns, dinners at Hooters... but he spent all that time photoshopping the red T-shirt when he could have been writing up a synopsis of the facts.

"I'll get back to you" doesn't mean next week, does it?

--

Utley J. Puckett, in avatar looking serious in coat and tie,
wielding a short point cue sometime in the 50s or early 60s.
By the 70s he adopted the big white hair and hat.

Old
  (#43)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe46 View Post
Appears to be a viable company, reasonably priced...
https://www.proficientbilliards.com/store/
Boo on this! Proficient is one of the best repair and restoration companies in the pool business. I've had several cues worked on by them, all for reasonable prices and they did excellent and timely work. Their name should not be on this thread!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#44)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotactionTX View Post
Ironic that his logo is a stylized "B.S."
That isn't ironic.

Old
  (#45)
babyboy70363
AzB Silver Member
babyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond reputebabyboy70363 has a reputation beyond repute

03-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Boo on this! Proficient is one of the best repair and restoration companies in the pool business. I've had several cues worked on by them, all for reasonable prices and they did excellent and timely work. Their name should not be on this thread!
It appears that SmokinJoe46 was attempting to lead the OP to Proficient billiards as a reputable source for a cue by the same maker he originally ordered from.......not to drag PB into the sh!tshow that's sure to ensue.

Sent from my mobular device!

Page 3 of 16 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: