Mike Gulyassy Cue
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Mike Gulyassy Cue - 06-30-2019, 08:38 PM

Picked this up today.

Pics are way too big, but I uploaded them from my phone and didn't have software to reduce them down.

This cue is 60 inches long and has one of the best leather wrap installations I've ever seen on a cue. It took me forever to find the seam and as soon as I turn it over in my hand, it takes forever to find it again..

I like the wood, but I don't know what kind it is. If anyone knows, please post a reply.

It came with a Gulyassy PHX shaft and I'm not sure what the ferrule is made of. It has some kind of "grain" look, but I don't think it is ivory.

It is really well balanced and has a G-10 pin.

I hit some with it today with a brand new milk dud on it, but I think I'll change it out for one of my usuals...a black Ultra-skin soft.
Attached Images

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-30-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2019, 08:43 PM

And some more.
Attached Images

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-30-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Old
  (#3)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

06-30-2019, 08:47 PM

And last two.
Attached Images

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-30-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Old
  (#4)
triley41395
You'll shoot your eye out
triley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-01-2019, 01:26 AM

Nice looking cue. Black and white ebony
is a good guess. I think I would agree.
Name:  Screenshot_2019-07-01-04-32-27.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  165.3 KB

Old
  (#5)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-01-2019, 06:28 AM

I agree with black & white ebony.
Here's a piece someone gave me

player.....Josswest, Rambow, Schon, Paul Drexler
player.....Verl Horn, Kersenbrock, Judd, Scruggs
player.....Bluegrass, AE, Ariel Carmeli
breaker..Judd Fuller
jumper....see breaker
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Dan Harrison

Old
  (#6)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2019, 09:37 AM

It reminds me of spalted hickory. It's either that or pussy willow.

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

07-01-2019, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the help.

I talked to Mike today and sent him some pictures and he said it was black and white ebony and the butt and shaft are his PHX line.

Old
  (#8)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

07-14-2019, 11:28 PM

I changed the tip on this cue this week and played with it today and it played damn good. I didn't like the Milk Dud that was on it, so I replaced it with my favorite tip...Ultra-skin black soft.

This is the first Gulyassy cue I ever saw, so I had no idea how well it would play once I got it fixed up with a tip to my liking.

This cue will play lights out.

It has the super long Strickland Pro Taper, but it isn't "whippy" by any means. I think that may be because of the construction of the PHX shafts. They have a phonelic rod that runs from the tip, through the ferrule, all the way down to the joint.

The PHX butt has a phonelic rod that goes from the bottom of the G-10 pin all the way to the end of the butt. There is no metal or weight bolts in the cue.

It is a couple inches longer than my other cues (60 inches), but it didn't take me too long to get my bridge figured out and the extra length came in handy a few times.

I may keep this cue in my bag, along with my Becue...it may be another "keeper"

The only problem I have is that almost all of my cues are "keepers" and they keep on becoming more and more.

Anybody need to buy a cue? LOL.

Old
  (#9)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

07-15-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I changed the tip on this cue this week and played with it today and it played damn good. I didn't like the Milk Dud that was on it, so I replaced it with my favorite tip...Ultra-skin black soft.

This is the first Gulyassy cue I ever saw, so I had no idea how well it would play once I got it fixed up with a tip to my liking.

This cue will play lights out.

It has the super long Strickland Pro Taper, but it isn't "whippy" by any means. I think that may be because of the construction of the PHX shafts. They have a phonelic rod that runs from the tip, through the ferrule, all the way down to the joint.

The PHX butt has a phonelic rod that goes from the bottom of the G-10 pin all the way to the end of the butt. There is no metal or weight bolts in the cue.

It is a couple inches longer than my other cues (60 inches), but it didn't take me too long to get my bridge figured out and the extra length came in handy a few times.

I may keep this cue in my bag, along with my Becue...it may be another "keeper"

The only problem I have is that almost all of my cues are "keepers" and they keep on becoming more and more.

Anybody need to buy a cue? LOL.
Are you sure it's a phenolic ROD?
Phenolic rods weigh a lot more that maple.
That's why I use carbon fiber tube for tenons on low end-mass shafts if requested.

Last edited by JoeyInCali; 07-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Old
  (#10)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

07-16-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Are you sure it's a phenolic ROD?
Phenolic rods weigh a lot more that maple.
That's why I use carbon fiber tube for tenons on low end-mass shafts if requested.
Yes. Phenolic rod.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: