The "Cocobolo" Diamond Professional 9' 1 piece slate

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's tax time so maybe there's something looking for this legendary table. This table is located in Atlantic, IA zip code 50022. It is 1 hour east of Omaha, NE, 1 hour west of Des Moines, IA, and a little less than 3 hours north of Kansas City, MO. Pretty much in the smack dab middle of the US of A. Fly in to Omaha, rent a U-Haul and drive her home.

This is a piece of billiard history. This is the TV table that was featured in the 2005 U.S. Open 9-ball tournament and was played on by the legends - Efren, Fransisco, Earl, etc.

When the tournament was over, it was sent back to Diamond and was for sale at the U.S. Open website for $15,000. It did not sell.

Fast forward to 2010.

In 2010, I knew I wanted another Diamond as I had bought one previously and a move, yet again, forced me to sell it. I called Aaron at Diamond and told him I wanted the best table ever produced and money was no object. He sent me ideas on a Smart table, a Dymondwood Cherry, Honduras wood, etc. I told him, "You don't get it - I want the absolute best table money can buy". That's when he sent me photos of the original 2005 Cocobolo Diamond that I had drooled over in 2005, but could not afford at the time.

Since 2005, Diamond has made some incredible innovations. I wanted only the best so I asked Diamond to fit this table with all the latest and greatest upgrades.

First, I wanted 1 piece slate and the original 2005 table was 3 piece. Second, I wanted the new advanced slate leveling system so I wouldn't be messing with shims. Finally, I wanted Glen AKA The Real King Cobra to change the rails to the newest innovation that has become the standard on the top quality tables being sold from Diamond. Aaron agreed and the order was placed and the long process of refurbishing this table begun.

Diamond would not let just anyone work on my table. Instead, they worked around RKC's schedule and let him do all the work. This was fine with me because I wanted only the best.

Enough gab - let's see what you're getting.

1. The nicest Diamond pool table money can buy. Solid Cocobolo wood (not pressed board) measureing 9' long with Simonis 860HR electric blue felt and brass feet.

2. 1 piece slate with Diamond's state-of-the-art leveling system.

3. The new rail designed developed and innovated by The Real King Cobra himself.

4. The matching Cocobolo Diamond light perfectly matched to this table.

5. A dual Diamond ball cleaning and polishing cleaner.

6. Aramith Duramith TV Balls (pink 4/12). These took me forever to find!

At $8,000 for everything, this is much less than I paid. You can't buy an oak Diamond with all the add-on's for that price.

The entry way to this table is very easy with two large double swinging doors so moving the slate will not be a problem. The Cocobolo wood is a very dense wood, thus it is extremely heavy. Bring a guy or two to help. I have people on my side that can help as well.

Okay, now with the pictures.

8.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nice stuff!... times are tuff. You may be holdin this one for a while. Good Luck!

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have drooled over this table for years....:sad:.....If i had the money I would be on your doorstep in the morning.....but I am a broke cue maker....:sad:......this is the nicest table ever made by diamond imo

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Players Dream!!

That has got to be the ultimate in a playing table. I really feel for you since you have to let it go. That has got to be tough. Good luck with it!!

Braden

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I remember this table being the tv table for accustats. At the time they discussed how Sullivan had said what a pain in the ass it was to build this table bc it cost so much and the wood was so heavy. They also said how it was unlikely that diamond would ever build a solid cocobolo table again. This is a beautiful table for sure. Im sure it plays like the nuts. GL with the sale.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Someone buy my 7' Proam for $11K, so I can pick this up;) Right in my back yard too. Seriously though, awesome table and good luck with the sale.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words about my table. You're already creating second thoughts on selling it :smile:

I would guess this table weighs 300-500 pounds more than the typical Oak Diamond table. The installers were quite impressed with the weight. I'm sure they wish they'd have brought more help because I was little help (weak).

The balls aren't currently for sale outside of this deal. I'm still playing on this table every day until I move or it sells.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
WOW whatta package deal. That table is freaking GORGEOUS!!! We are thinking about moving soon too, or I'd love to see this in my house (certainly wouldn't want to move that thing twice in a short period of time). Storing it would be an option, but I don't think I could handle that emotionally....lol. I'd better just NOT open this thread anymore, and wish you good luck with your sale. :embarrassed2:

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Price reduced

A lot of good words, but no "real" interest yet. Let's see if a reduced price will help. $10,000 takes it. Do the math on a new Diamond and you'll get pretty close when you add the ball cleaner, light, etc. $10K for this Cocobolo beauty is a steal!

Call me at 417-217-1710 to discuss/negotiate.

Thanks,
Steve

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lower price

I've had a few interested people in the table, but it's pretty much down to funds or travel difficulties. Let's see if $9000 for this whole setup will motivate some travelers to come get my table. This is as good as it gets folks.

Zerius

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Holy mackerel, that table is gorgeous.

I think I even remember the commentators talking about it that year: Diamond would make much more money if the wood in the table was used for cues instead, but they chose to build this one of a kind Cocobolo table.

Best of luck with the sale and I think you should update your original post to reflect the new price!

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I've had a few interested people in the table, but it's pretty much down to funds or travel difficulties. Let's see if $9000 for this whole setup will motivate some travelers to come get my table. This is as good as it gets folks.

A selfless bump. To anyone on the fence, once I figure out the transportation of the table, its bought. So if your on the fence, beat me to it.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A selfless bump. To anyone on the fence, once I figure out the transportation of the table, its bought. So if your on the fence, beat me to it.

Thanks, William. I really hope you can work out a way to get this table because I know you really want it. I've updated the original post with my rock bottom price, which has been priced to three people privately now.

Moonraker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bump action

A little bumpage for an awesome one-of-a-kind cocobolo diamond table, matching light, balls, and dual ball cleaner. $8000 takes it. The price won't get any lower if that's what you're waiting on... :smile: