decided to post this.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
After rereading Colin's thread on revolutionary new aiming system I decided to post this info.....

CueTable Help

In case it's showing up wrong the green line is going straight through the CB....

Ok here's the only true way of finding exact contact points.....and IMO the best way to find the aimline besides IJ...

This is not a system this is physical fact. This can be used in many different ways to find the exact aimline for ANY shot. Johnny archer uses this principle for his aiming....

I discovered this while I was still in cuba... I know I'm sure MANY people discovered it before me, but like I've said before everything that I know about pool with the exception of some of the fundamentals and BHE I learned on my own....I've read no books and watched no videos, so sue me if I'm raining on someone else's discovery because I don't know....

The five ball represents the ghost ball......

A line drawn through the OB ffrom center pocket will give you the first CP on the back of the OB. Most every body knows that.... What most people don't know is that a parallel line drawn through the CB will give you the exact CP on the front of the CB.....

The blue line represents the CP to CP line....... A parallel line to that line drawn through the center of the CB will give you the exact aimline for ANY angle.....

The only question is how you come to find that line.. Remember that if you have the true cp to cp line all you need to do is aim parallel to that line through center ball and you WILL have the correct aimline....

So if you pick a point two inches in front of the CB that is on a path parallel to the CP to CP line you never have to look at the OB again PERIOD. You just have to stroke straight through the CB on THAT line...

Now for finding that line there are so many ways to find that line it's ridiculous.... You can use IJ, or use Archer's method of standing back three feet and looking at the parallel lines and using IJ from there.... You can use the tangent line and then pull the tangent line back till it meets the CB and that's your CP on the CB.... The choices are endless; however, No matter WHAT aiming method you use.... It is some variance of this because this is the underlying mechanism of the CP's.....

Hell you can use a method as convaluted as one I was recently trying out, although it's a little too taxing for long term use.... and that's drawing three lines out from the pocket through the OB while standing directly behind the OB. One through the middle of the ball and one on either side of the ball, then drawing three lines parallel to that one in through the CB(same deal one on either side and one through the center)... then draw a tangent behind the OB, and a tangent in front of the CB and then cross cut the rectangle to find the CP to CP line and then parallel shift to find the aimline.....

It works extremely well for short term or on really difficult shots, but it wears you out.....

One thing to consider is this. I've found that the majority of mistakes that are made are made because of a conflict.... A conflict between what we feel is going to happen and what we knwo or rather think is going to happen. We look at a shot and we think that it's going to do a certain thing based on our knowledge of the game, but unfortunately for most of us, our knowledge of the game is extremely limited. So what ends up happening is when we use our knowledge or our "systems" if you prefer to line up a shot they are often conflicting to what we feel will happen based on experience or vice versa....so we end up either not trusting our system or not trusting our IJ and pull our wrist or adjust our aim and we MISS.....

I think that the best way to deal with this is to bring our level of knowledge up to being on par with or atleast close to our level of experience or feel. then we can trust our IJ and realize our full potential....

Understanding the concept illustrated here is a step in the right direction... Whether you use it to develop your own aiming system or to just aid your IJ is up to you..... but any expansion of your knowledge of the game can only help......

I was intending to keep this to myself and write a book on advanced pool concepts, but I decided against it so I can help out the pool community as best I can.....

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease hot water to 3-3/4 cups. Increase simmer time to 17 minutes.

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
I understand but you need to redo the WEI table. The green line is off.

Terry

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Tbeaux said:
I understand but you need to redo the WEI table. The green line is off.

Terry
It won't fix it just does the same thing again. That's why the first thing that I put in the post was to adjust the green line through the center of the CB

Take the point at the end of the green line and drag it up so that the arrow stays in the same place but the line goes straight through the center of the cue ball.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
wei table sucks let me create an image.

wei table sucks let me create an image instead.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:

"What I.."
"Say what again. Say what again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, you mother****er! Say what one more goddamn time."
"He's black.."
"Go on!"
"He's bald!"
"Does he look like a *****?"
"What?" *BLAM* "Aauuuh auh!"
"Does he look like a *****?" "Noo!"
"Then why are you trying to **** him like a *****, Brett?"
"I didn't.."
"Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett! You tried to **** him and Marcellus Wallace don't like to get ****ed by anybody else than Mrs. Wallace."

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
ok here's an image

pool table.jpghere's an image since wei table sucks. Just drag the wei table lines so they look like this and it should make a little more sense.

Last edited:

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
I could be wrong, but that appears to be just a slightly modified ghost ball method. You may as well aim at the center of the ghost ball rather than aim parallel to OBCP-CBCP.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
iacas said:
I could be wrong, but that appears to be just a slightly modified ghost ball method. You may as well aim at the center of the ghost ball rather than aim parallel to OBCP-CBCP.

I just included the ghost ball as a reference for most people. In reality you should never imagine the ghost because it leaves itself open to misinterpretation which can create doubt....

If you have to imagine a ghost ball then when you're stroking through the ball you're still thinking about the matching up the CB with the ghost, while what you should be thinking about is your stroke. Once you get down on that ball your aim should be set and all you should be thinking about is stroking straight through the CB.....

Again this is not an aiming system. This is just an illustration of the underlying principles for the CP's and the aimline. I'm not going to tell you an aim system that's for you to discover.....

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iacas said:
If you think about it...ALL correct aiming systems are ways to arrive at the ghost ball.

The problem with the pure ghost ball method of shooting is that you have to accurately visualize the precise placement of the ghost ball's center. Therefore, other systems are developed to compliment the ghost ball method such that you don't have to imagine the placement of the ghost ball.

Jaden just brings up a system that arrives at the ghost ball location in terms of contact points. The problem this system and any CP to CP system is that you have to esitmate the CP location of the CB, since it's on the other side of where you're viewing. However, if you can estimate this location better than the location of the ghost ball's center, than this would be a better system for you. If you can more easily imagine the ghost ball's center than the CP of the CB, then the pure ghost ball method would be better. All about personal preference.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
"What I.."
"Say what again. Say what again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, you mother****er! Say what one more goddamn time."
"He's black.."
"Go on!"
"He's bald!"
"Does he look like a *****?"
"What?" *BLAM* "Aauuuh auh!"
"Does he look like a *****?" "Noo!"
"Then why are you trying to **** him like a *****, Brett?"
"I didn't.."
"Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett! You tried to **** him and Marcellus Wallace don't like to get ****ed by anybody else than Mrs. Wallace."

LOL!

Eric >Pulp Fiction rocks

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
jsp said:
If you think about it...ALL correct aiming systems are ways to arrive at the ghost ball.

The problem with the pure ghost ball method of shooting is that you have to accurately visualize the precise placement of the ghost ball's center. Therefore, other systems are developed to compliment the ghost ball method such that you don't have to imagine the placement of the ghost ball.

Jaden just brings up a system that arrives at the ghost ball location in terms of contact points. The problem this system and any CP to CP system is that you have to esitmate the CP location of the CB, since it's on the other side of where you're viewing. However, if you can estimate this location better than the location of the ghost ball's center, than this would be a better system for you. If you can more easily imagine the ghost ball's center than the CP of the CB, then the pure ghost ball method would be better. All about personal preference.

I wasn't going to go into an aiming system but fortunately you don't have to imagine the cp at all, that was one of things that this concept leads to.

There are two things to consider. The first is that once you have the line between CPs you only need aim center ball on a line parallel to that line.

The second thing is that if you look at the drawing then you;ll notice that there is a perfect rectangle of tangent lines and parallel lines through the OB and CB.

You never have to imagine the CP on the CB because you only need to find the CP to CP line. You can easily find that line by cutting across the imaginary rectangle. and if you look at a short portion of that line directly (just a few inches) in front of the CB then all you have to do is line up parallel to that short line to be in perfect alignment.

Like I said though I think that a persons best game comes fromm playing intuitively while having knowledge of the underlying concepts, so using this as an aiming system takes too much energy to be effective for long periods of time. But the knowledge provides a foundation for trust of your IJ because there is awareness of the ability to be aiming perfectly every time.

Nico

Banned
Doesn't anybody play pool anymore?. I mean seriously, do I need to bring a chalkboard, protractor and yard stick with me to the poolhall?. I got enough stuff to carry already.:D

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Whoa, you guys need to stop thinking a just go play.
All these stupid systems, I mean really :rolleyes:
You have been watching way too many infomercials.
It's a simple game with simple mechanics, you are over complicating a simple simple simple game.
I have never known a game with so much snakeoil being perveyed, I guess there are plenty desperate wanna be world champs out there to buy into all this crap.
layered tips, low deflection this and that, aiming systems, lasers :lol: What a joke, there is no replacement for practice hard work and talent.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Slasher said:
Whoa, you guys need to stop thinking a just go play.
All these stupid systems, I mean really :rolleyes:
You have been watching way too many infomercials.
It's a simple game with simple mechanics, you are over complicating a simple simple simple game.
I have never known a game with so much snakeoil being perveyed, I guess there are plenty desperate wanna be world champs out there to buy into all this crap.
layered tips, low deflection this and that, aiming systems, lasers :lol: What a joke, there is no replacement for practice hard work and talent.

Hey slasher, next time if ever you come to socal let me know I'd be happy to play you some.....

I never said that that was an aiming system, It is an illustration of the principles involved with what's going on between the balls interaction. I think I stated that... I myself am a feel player...

I challenge anyone who thinks that broadening one's knowledge of the game is a waste of time...

Last edited:

Nico

Banned
Jaden said:
I challenge anyone who thinks that broadening one's knowledge of the game is a waste of time...
It's not a waste of time to broaden one's knowledge base, however it is a waste of time to post yet another aiming sytem for the umpteenth time, when they all receive the same mocking. And I know you'll deny it's an aiming sytem, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... it' an aiming system. :D

BTW - Your diagram in post 8, it's an exact replica of Jimmy Reid's "Exact Equal Opposite" aiming system taken from his "No Time For Negative" instructional video released in 1991.

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nico said:
It's not a waste of time to broaden one's knowledge base, however it is a waste of time to post yet another aiming sytem for the umpteenth time, when they all receive the same mocking...
No...Jaden's post wasn't a waste of time. You're the one wasting time for ridiculing posts whose primary objective is to benefit others' games. If you don't think a thread is particularly helpful for your game, then keep your mouth shut and go on to the next thread. What makes you so sure that other people won't find this thread useful?

Nico said:
And I know you'll deny it's an aiming sytem, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... it' an aiming system. :D

BTW - Your diagram in post 8, it's an exact replica of Jimmy Reid's "Exact Equal Opposite" aiming system taken from his "No Time For Negative" instructional video released in 1991.
Why don't you write to Jimmy Reid and tell him his instructional video is a waste of time.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Colin back me up on this one.....

This CAN be used as an aiming system; however, it is not..... This is solely an illustration of the geometric principles behind the intersecting angles of similarly sized spheres.....

Those who are afraid of thinking about the game will ALWAYS see it as an aiming system. I don't even use it. I flirted around with it to test its' real world validity.....and it is accurate. I tested it on paper and discovered it only because I was stuck in Cuba with no pool (unless crappy a$$ seven foots with a hundred dead spots on the rails count) tables to play on, so I was analyzing the game to see if I could gain any knowledge that might help with a tendency to second guess my aim. It works... If I have any doubts I can look at my aimpoint and take a step back to look at all the angles and make sure I am on...

It also helps if IJ takes a crap and you get in the funk, or the shanks....You can temporarily rely on your true knowledge of the game....

This was not meant as an aiming system. I am not claiming that it can't be or that some can't consider it one....just that it was not my intention to make it seem as one.

As I have stated it is my belief that the majority of mistakes that pool players make is due to a conflict between their knowledge and their feel.

Everyone has limited knowledge, but not everyone can give up their knowledge and solely play by feel, it just doesn't work for some people...and there are situations where exactitudes are necesary that feel can't provide.

I think that the more knowledge people gain the more they can rely on and trust their IJ.... THAT is why I posted this, so that people can expand their understanding of pool and hopefully improve their game...whether it be by understanding the principles better so that they can trust their IJ more, or whether they decide to use these geometric principles to develop or use as an aiming system. This forum should be a place where people can post knowledge and people can take from it what they want..

I think it's counter productive of you to come on and automatically discount something to everyone who reads it just because it requires a little thought or testing to verify it....

I know that most people won't give your posts any merit but that's besides the point, many may not give mine any more merit than yours.. it's possible I guess. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other...I'll keep posting accurate info and let people take from it what they want....

Have fun with your ill-knowledged pool experience....