Can this shot be made with any consistency?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
20180911_123508.jpg

Money ball literally hanging by a thread smack dab in the middle of the corner pocket. Cue ball down table on the other side right up against the short rail several inches from the corner pocket (although this shot probably wouldn't change much if the cue ball was anywhere against that rail).

Now, keep in mind that my table in the picture (yes, I know it needs recovered) has some of the shortest shelves I've ever seen on top of the fact that these are 5" openings. I would want to know how to consistently make this shot on a table with deeper shelves and tighter pockets.

All that said, I certainly know that this shot cannot be made with a full hit, and a table with tight pockets and deep shelves, it would be dang hard to make contact with the object ball by aiming at the gap. Slow rolling the cue ball is an iffy proposition because of the over/under-hitting possibility. Also with slow-rolling there could be roll-off, so...…

How would YOU shoot this shot?

Maniac (and would you pray first?)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cant jack up and fire it at 368mph?

As long as you hit it pretty full, that cb isnt going too far from the hole.

Your cloth makes mine look good and that's bad. Bad.

Bad.

parogen

Registered
3/4 hit on the left side, you'll never scratch. This shot is only hard if you never slow roll balls and hence don't have confidence in your aim.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Yes, it can be made with consistency. A quarter- or half-ball hit without side spin; preferably no slow rolls to minimise roll-offs.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Medium speed, half ball on the left side. Does that not work on your table?

Yes, on my table it can be done. But in my original post I ask to not consider my table but instead one with deep shelves and tight pockets.

Do you think it can be done consistently now?

Maniac

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing like seeing a table that's used. I got mine to use not to be a show piece, If you use them it's going to show.

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tighter pockets would make it harder to scratch. I always just aim for the gap between the ball and the cushion.