Pic Request

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few days ago I was fantasizing about having an ebony into ebony cue and I thought about how the Titlist veneer colors would pop with the ebony handle and forearm. A quick search turned up this beautiful Jerry R. It’s even better than I imagined.

Has anyone else built or seen any other cues with this combination? I’d love to see more pics. Who would be willing to build one?

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Here is one I did a few years back.

Larry

Attachments

• 26780897-7643-4347-9842-43E4E83FD638.jpg
    26780897-7643-4347-9842-43E4E83FD638.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 483

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
How about this!

Attachments

• B845590C-9B44-41C5-9A50-B5D0D757A038.jpg
    B845590C-9B44-41C5-9A50-B5D0D757A038.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 425

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree - all beautiful cues, inspirational.
Especially like ebony cues (like shown) where grain is still visible - instead of looking like black plastic.

Maybe it's lighting/photography, but linked cue looks more like A. Blackwood - lot of red tone in it.

smt

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a Pierce cue that was made in 2017. The finished picture isn't the best but you can get idea.

Attachments

• PIERCE BUILD1.jpg
    PIERCE BUILD1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Piercex.jpg
    Piercex.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 359

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Owen........... he is amazing to work with.........I’m eager to do another custom design with him.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree - all beautiful cues, inspirational.

Especially like ebony cues (like shown) where grain is still visible - instead of looking like black plastic.

Maybe it's lighting/photography, but linked cue looks more like A. Blackwood - lot of red tone in it.

smt

The higher quality, more expensive, and rarer ebony pieces are going to look like ‘black plastic’ because it will be pure black with little to no grain showing - ‘piano black’. If you like the grain showing that’s fine obviously and everyone has their own preference, but don’t think those are the more desirable, rarer, and expensive pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Any pics of the forearms of those first two cues?

Good to know about Bob Owen. Does he do full splices?