Super Billiards Expo

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just paid entry fees for the upcoming SBE. Who all is going? Hope to see many of you there! :thumbup:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Just paid entry fees for the upcoming SBE. Who all is going? Hope to see many of you there! :thumbup:

I paid my 3 fees yesterday for the Seniors, Open and the Wednesday warm up. Looking forward to another year of great fun.

Kevin

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there fees to go watch?

And is it still worth going as a spectator?

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I`ll be there Friday morning staying till late Saturday afternoon. Not playing just walking around looking & drooling at all the beautiful cues.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are there fees to go watch?

And is it still worth going as a spectator?

Here's a link to the spectator fees:

https://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/ticketing/

The only thing I don't like is paying multiple times throughout a given day to watch the pros. Good seats are $20, but that's only for one session like afternoon matches. If you wanna come back later and watch the evening matches it'll costs another $20. And I also wish there were more practice tables and action tables. Over a thousand players, with many that enjoy action, and there were only two 9' diamonds for action and maybe a dozen bar boxes. We ended up leaving the expo for action at a nearby poolhall.

But I like the event nonetheless.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be there. I'm taking my daughter who will play the junior event, and for that reason I can only come Friday-Sunday. I would've rather attempted the open men's event, but instead I'll play the pro-am. More my level but I prefer big tables if I'm going to travel.

We'll be watching matches Friday evening and we'll probably get to see the last few matches on Sunday as well. This is her first experience at a pro event so I'm excited to take her.

Question- if we're playing the jr/pro-am events, will this get me free admission to the pro events? I would assume so, but our player's meetings aren't until Saturday and I'd like to be able to sweat events on Friday evening.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid my 3 fees yesterday for the Seniors, Open and the Wednesday warm up. Looking forward to another year of great fun.

Kevin
I see you're signed up for both the open and senior's events. Just curious - what do you think the chances are you have to forfeit a match due to overlapping match times in both divisions? I used to go to the SBE every year, but haven't been in at least 15 years. I'm thinking of going back in a few years when I turn 65 (3 more years) to possibly play in multiple divisions (open, 50-and-over, and 65-and-over), but I realize the policy that you must forfeit a match if there are conflicts in your match times. Obviously the further you advance in any division, the chances will increase of that happening, as well as attempting to play in 3 divisions as opposed to 2 divisions will also increase the chances of that happening.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'll be attending and playing in the seniors.

PLAYERS MEETING - MANDATORY:
Friday March 29
10:00 am - Amateur Arenas

START TIME:
Friday March 29, 2019 - 11:00am

Anticipated End
Friday, March 29, 2019 - 11:45am, 0-5, 0-5

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sbe

I'll be there. I'm taking my daughter who will play the junior event, and for that reason I can only come Friday-Sunday. I would've rather attempted the open men's event, but instead I'll play the pro-am. More my level but I prefer big tables if I'm going to travel.

We'll be watching matches Friday evening and we'll probably get to see the last few matches on Sunday as well. This is her first experience at a pro event so I'm excited to take her.

Question- if we're playing the jr/pro-am events, will this get me free admission to the pro events? I would assume so, but our player's meetings aren't until Saturday and I'd like to be able to sweat events on Friday evening.

I doubt that you get free entry into the Pro events unless you are playing in the Pro event. The pro/am is played out on the bar boxes away from the pro arena.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it no Shane and Sky? Read something about schedule conflict with a matchroom event.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super Billiards Expo is always a good time. I will be in the McDermott and Brutal Game Gear booths doing trickshot demos and such.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the first time in maybe 15 years I’m not going to play in the open. With all the pros playing as amateurs and the single elimination I’m just not interested anymore. Also trying to clean up some debt and it’s an expensive weekend lol I’ll go
For the day though. I’m super disappointed in the pros that won’t be there but I understand why.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there with my son, first time there playing in the event for both of us. My third time there but before it was for him to play in the junior tournament.

Probably not going to go in for the pro events to watch, it used to be a free side thing, unless you never watched a pro event, not worth it for $20 a session at all. Maybe if it was an extra $20 for the whole event, yea.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If someone could set up a few cameras and just film the woofing and single game bets, that would be worth $50 to see all that go down.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there and looking forward to visiting with old friends as well as seeing what incredible cues Ken and Kenny have for sale and discovering the as yet unknown I may be bringing home.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there with my son, first time there playing in the event for both of us. My third time there but before it was for him to play in the junior tournament.

Probably not going to go in for the pro events to watch, it used to be a free side thing, unless you never watched a pro event, not worth it for $20 a session at all. Maybe if it was an extra $20 for the whole event, yea.

In my 20 plus year of going it was only complete free for 2 years when it was in jersey and I a few years they had a couple tables the pro’s played on the main floor for early rounds.

This is why pool doesn’t have a chance . Players are cheap lol people will pay $100 a seat to sit in the nose bleed seats for a 4 hour nfl game but to pay $20 to see the best players in the country play for a 4 hour session is to much lol It’s only $20 if you sit in the vip section it was $10 for the bleachers I believe. Sorry don’t mean to pick on you but I hear that a lot and it always cracks me up.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Sbe

Going for my second year. Warm up through open. Might bring a big James White to sell.