Looking for the best Pool ball rack

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I know there are ones like the Sardo© and the Chameleon©, but I just want one better then the cheap one that came with the table. And I even bought a basic wood one that matched the table. The issue I have is 1) the balls seem to have a small is gap always at the front ball. If I rotate the rack some times it seems more true with a different corner at the top. But it is always hard to keep that part of the Triangle at the top, especially with other people then me using the rack. 2) The other issue I have is I want eliminate the dot on my table because the temp is never constant in my rec room so it doesn't stay adhered very good. As a result the front ball doesnt like to sit in one place, especially if someone is walking when the balls are racked (Attic floor a little bouchy). So I know the Sardo© will push the balls into the cloth making them stay put, and I have considered the Chameleon©; but does it just squeeze the balls tight without forcing them into the cloth? I am open to putting small makes on my clothe to assure the rack is always in the same spot so this is why I say I want get rid of the dot.

With so many options for wood and plastic and unbreakable plastic, i just want one that I know is consistant to all the others that came off the asembly line and is true no matter how I turn the rack.

So bottom line, I am not apposed to Sardo© or Chameleon©, but what is the best (preferably hard plastic) rack to buy.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Gorilla rack is great, as is the one made by RST2 International. Try RST2INTERNATIONAL.COM

Joe Porper with Creative Inventions makes a great rack as well.

bell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best Rack

I agree the Diamond Triangle that comes with the Diamond Tables is the Ferrari of racks but is way pricey.

I agree that the Sardo is more trouble than its worth and will eat up your table cloth.

For me the best practical rack is the Kim Steel. The rack is not steel but a very solid composite. Hard to find. I got my last one on E-Bay for about ten bucks.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
The Sardo rack is a gimmick. You'll end up butchering your table.
I couldnt DISAGREE more. I have been using the Sardo M5000 at home for over a year now. It has the most consistant results and IMO is the best rack for home practice. the Sardo will not butcher or eat up your cloth. I have been using it on the same Simonis 860 since last April and no ill effects. If you use it right, it will work right.

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
There is a rack that they are using a the new pool room (The Billiard Den) in Dallas that is made by a local player. I cannot remember the name of it, but it racks better than any rack I have used. I like the Sardo, but for me, it was too bulky and took too long to rack using it. This rack is layered wood & is designed with no back, so you can pull it forward & then remove, without bumping balls. I have used it on several different tables at the home of my friends and have always gotten a tight rack, with no gaps. If you are truly interested, randyg hangs out alot at the Billiard Den and can probably provide you further details via PM.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot guys. I think I will probably go with the Kim Steel or see if I can find a Diamond origanal. The Sardo I am sure does a hell of a job keepinng the balls tight, but I don't want ot have to tuder all the players that make there way to the table how to precisly put the rack in the same place every time. And it seems like it it would be time consuming to use also.

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
8-Ball Player said:
Serious? Why do they use it in pro tournaments then?

Lou Sardo Products is proud to announce the SARDO M-5000 Rack is now available. The Sardo M-5000 is the Official Rack of the 2005 through 2007 International Pool Tour and will be the only sanctioned Rack used in all IPT events. The IPT tournaments will be televised on major television network.

Attachments

• sardo.jpg
    sardo.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,846

gman_tx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Firecracker said:
There is a rack that they are using a the new pool room (The Billiard Den) in Dallas that is made by a local player. I cannot remember the name of it, but it racks better than any rack I have used. I like the Sardo, but for me, it was too bulky and took too long to rack using it. This rack is layered wood & is designed with no back, so you can pull it forward & then remove, without bumping balls. I have used it on several different tables at the home of my friends and have always gotten a tight rack, with no gaps. If you are truly interested, randyg hangs out alot at the Billiard Den and can probably provide you further details via PM.

I playedethere for lunch today (first time) and actually called Larry the owner on my way home to ask him about the open ended rack he uses and he told me that he sells them in his shop for $29.99. It sounds alittle high for what could be called just a wedge but it is very thick and well built (you get ehat you pay for.) I plan on going back there sometime druing the week to pick one up for the house. It really gives a nice tight rack that stays tight as you remove it as you just push it forward. I even searched the web when I got home to see if I could find one (no luck.)

For anyone else in the Dallas area the Billiards Den in Richardson is a really cool place. Great tables good food and Larry really seems to be a great guy. They have the Viking nine ball tour there on the 28th of this month and are going to use that as the official grand opening.

Gary

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
8-Ball Player said:
Serious? Why do they use it in pro tournaments then?
Sardo pays for it to be seen.

You have to hammer little "craters" into your table in which the balls sit. It's butchery. Once you do that, you don't even need the Sardo rack any more.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
i like my red oak wood rack.it's about 1 inch thick.no flex on this one.

gman_tx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bell said:
Any pics of the wedge?

I am going there tomorrow (i forgot my q-clip) It is not to close to me but I will either buy one and post a picture on here or at least take a picture while I am there and post it.

gman_tx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some pictures of the rack that they use there.

Attachments

• 21cbd4b575f8.jpg
    21cbd4b575f8.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 564
  • 543c284528b0.jpg
    543c284528b0.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 500