Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I counted 8 of 17 shots were your elbow was visible.

That's basically 50% of the time that your elbow dropped.

Fairly nice shooting as you made it fairly easy with good CB control.
Thanks Rick

Old
  (#32)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Outstanding video. Perfect score. I've added it to the main list.
Hopefully we can get some more in there.

Nice shooting and good recovery on that last stripe. seriously well done.
Thanks. I've managed a few clearances, but this was my first maximum.

Old
  (#33)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Thanks Rick
Your'e Welcome. You earned it.

Old
  (#34)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to poolplayher 
05-31-2016, 09:37 PM

Here's what I was able to do after playing BCA league... https://youtu.be/SW4DmAvqyDM ... I shared the video with Lee Brett ... Opps he said I had the 2 and 3 spaced out too far because the 5 should be able to go in the corner pockets passed the 2 and 3 ... Will attempt again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#TeamMcDermott

Last edited by poolplayher; 05-31-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Old
  (#35)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-01-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayher View Post
Here's what I was able to do after playing BCA league... https://youtu.be/SW4DmAvqyDM ... I shared the video with Lee Brett ... Opps he said I had the 2 and 3 spaced out too far because the 5 should be able to go in the corner pockets passed the 2 and 3 ... Will attempt again tomorrow.

very nice...you were able to get yourself out of trouble with some tough shots

Old
  (#36)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
very nice...you were able to get yourself out of trouble with some tough shots
Thank you... I'll be doing this drill again today and will post another video. After looking at it again, I did notice at one point I pocketed 2 striped balls consecutively 😯😬

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#37)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

06-01-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks for watching, Mitch.

Yes, the way I was shown is that after the last stripe you have one more solid of your choice to get position on the two and then begin the run of colors in order to complete the drill.

Thanks for the compliments and as more videos get posted, I'll copy the links and add them to the list in the first post.
This is another point I didnít know of, although, getting position on the 2 after pocketing the last stripe can be a nice challenge too. Thanks for sharing this thread with me.

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#38)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-01-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
This is another point I didnít know of, although, getting position on the 2 after pocketing the last stripe can be a nice challenge too. Thanks for sharing this thread with me.

if you can try to always play for the 7 ball
that gives you the max score

Old
  (#39)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

06-01-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
if you can try to always play for the 7 ball
that gives you the max score

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#40)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Woah!!
I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Having the 2 & 3 in more opens up the corners for sure.
Thanks for posting this! It also creates a better window to go two rail position off the 2 around to position on the 3.

I'll also add your video to the main post list. Keep 'em coming.

Old
  (#41)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2016, 03:44 PM

I only just noticed that. Yes, centre ball (blue on the snooker table) should be available in all corners. It's a good recovery shot. Though for the purpose of the exercise (which is cueball control) I try to avoid playing for the blue at all.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Last edited by Cameron Smith; 06-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Old
  (#42)
SFC9ball
JimBaker PBIA Instructor

SFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond reputeSFC9ball has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
"Figured out a pattern"

Inquiring minds would like to know
When I say a pattern, for me it is the easiest way to pocket the object ball and get position on the 7 ball that allows me to set up for the same position on the next object ball that will allow me to get back to the 7 then just keep repeating the process until you have made al of the stripes then play the position off of the last 7 to the 2 ball. I found using 2 rail position most of the time was the easiest because most of the shots were identical per-say and speed control was the thing that changed the most. I hoped this helped and that I didn't muddy the water

I use this system when I work drills, I find a way to simplify the drill, then when I master it I change it up and challenge myself and find the hard way to do them. This keeps me from getting bored and keeps me thinking outside the box for other options. by doing this I have discovered easier ways to attack certain shots and position.

Jim Baker
PBIA Advanced Instructor
(573) 433-0386
E-mail: 1jbcuerepair@gmail.com

Fun drill
Old
  (#43)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

Fun drill - 06-05-2016, 02:39 AM

I've done this on a snooker table before...don't know why I never thought to try it on a pool table.

This was actually my first go at it and I got lucky!

Table is a GC III with 4 1/4" corners and 4 3/4" sides.

https://youtu.be/dyCtIPIDZGk

Old
  (#44)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
I've done this on a snooker table before...don't know why I never thought to try it on a pool table.

This was actually my first go at it and I got lucky!

Table is a GC III with 4 1/4" corners and 4 3/4" sides.

https://youtu.be/dyCtIPIDZGk
Outstanding shooting.
Your tables difficulty factor is same as mine. I know how stingy those pockets play and not much room to cheat - especially the sides.

Perfect score - well done! Added to main page.

Old
  (#45)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan

06-05-2016, 06:53 PM

Gave it another shot, but wasn't able to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNBft4P6Fk

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: