Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Outstanding shooting.
Your tables difficulty factor is same as mine. I know how stingy those pockets play and not much room to cheat - especially the sides.

Perfect score - well done! Added to main page.
That early 10 in the side was sketchy. I had zero margin for error from where I shot it and the speed I hit it with. It might not look like it, but that 10 was the toughest shot of the whole exercise.

The last 2 "blacks" before getting into the colors were sloppy and I'm surprised the 2nd of the two, the one played to get on the "yellow", even dropped.

For some reason, that lower left corner in the vid plays a little easier than the other three. They all measure the same at the mouth and throat and look the same to my eyes...I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Gave it another shot, but wasn't able to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNBft4P6Fk
Looking good, Beibs! Very nice stroke!

I've been working on my stroke and I "feel" like I'm cueing much straighter....then I see a vid of myself and my stroke is still all loopy...elbow dropping all over the place. Good news is, I have less lateral elbow movement than I used to. I'm still curling my wrist in on my follow through at times as well, but I'm aware when I do it now and it's less frequent. I'll get there one of these days.

Last edited by peppersauce; 06-05-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Old
  (#47)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
That early 10 in the side was sketchy. I had zero margin for error from where I shot it and the speed I hit it with. It might not look like it, but that 10 was the toughest shot of the whole exercise.
That's the shot that I thought about when posting. There was no room for error on that 10 for sure with the 4.75" side pocket point sticking out a mile on the left. I think that's what I like most about that drill. The situation where you need to hit with speed to just bring the cue over a few inches or to the rail and out comes up so much that you either learn to stroke straight or fail.

Old
  (#48)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Gave it another shot, but wasn't able to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNBft4P6Fk
Nice recovery on that last stripe, three rails. Nice.

Not many instructors go into the intricacies of pace of play like, Lee. Lee told me to work on my pace around the table, it's important to be smooth and steady and not rush. When I work this drill that's always in my mind- the cadence of the walk...having to re-spot all the solids helps me work on it as well as moving into shot position.

Beibs, you have a smooth as silk cadence around the table. It never changes even when getting in trouble. Well done. We should all take note.

Old
  (#49)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to poolplayher 
06-28-2016, 10:03 PM

Ok guys I ran the drill again and tried to get a perfect score this time ... I ran out and so did my camera, cutting off while I was shooting the last ball

https://youtu.be/gFRabvWgvc4

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#50)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

06-29-2016, 02:25 AM

You've got skills, congrats. Keep working.

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#51)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2016, 01:25 PM

Almost perfect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnEpBWO7oiQ

Good draw shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXd7cNLJMQ

Old
  (#52)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member

02-03-2018, 08:47 PM

I recently noticed Lee made an instructional video regarding this drill last year.
I updated the main post with the link for future readers.

https://youtu.be/umlBZ5BlyP4

Old
  (#53)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Nice slip stroke. Do you do this on every shot? Just curious.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#54)
Goriziana
AzB Bronze Member
Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana Goriziana

05-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Great video! I can't wait to try it!
Thank you!

Old
  (#55)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

poolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayher has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I recently noticed Lee made an instructional video regarding this drill last year.

I updated the main post with the link for future readers.

https://youtu.be/umlBZ5BlyP4

I simply love this drill!!! ... I recorded a successful attempt a couple of years ago https://youtu.be/gFRabvWgvc4 ... not the best angle ... Iíll try a redo from a much better angle soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#56)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

05-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayher View Post
I simply love this drill!!! ... I recorded a successful attempt a couple of years ago https://youtu.be/gFRabvWgvc4 ... not the best angle ... Iíll try a redo from a much better angle soon

Whelp looks like Youtube blocked my old video from being played ... oops .... now I definitely gotta do a retake 🤪

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#57)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Nice slip stroke. Do you do this on every shot? Just curious.
Better late than never

I think I do it subconsciously on a lot of shots. Just a natural thing

Old
  (#58)
poolplayher
AzB Silver Member

05-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Hereís my successful attempt this evening https://youtu.be/9Ci1Zyr0ScM

#TeamMcDermott

Old
  (#59)
Nekdo
AzB Silver Member
Nekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond reputeNekdo has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2018, 12:14 AM

On the pool table this drill is not very challenging. Nevertheless congrats on the successful attempt!
The thing that did impressed me is your technique. I dont know your skill level but this was one of the best fundamentals I ever saw posted on AZ! Hats off!

Old
  (#60)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-11-2018, 03:00 AM

What a beautiful SPF stroke you have there, Kia Sidbury! Keep up the good work!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayher View Post
Hereís my successful attempt this evening https://youtu.be/9Ci1Zyr0ScM

PBIA Master Instructor

Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: