Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page New Digicue Blue made by OB
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member
nataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-26-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinekanman View Post
Thats what i figured but if you look at the definition it says a score of 1 means you hit the ball at a medium speed, and a 10 means you hit it soft. So if i hit a ball hard then my score would low i assume. It would seem like i can only hit soft to get high numbers.
Correct. Finesse is the word I've used to describe how hard you hit the ball. The parameter is there should some feel that they have a habit of hitting some shots too hard, and the user may turn it on to monitor this if so the choose.

In general, good/bad i.e. green/red is a threshold set by YOU.

Clearly you need to hit shots hard and soft to play pool. Please understand that the DigiCue BLUE is just a tool to help you focus on your own needs, not force you to generate 10's in everything.

Lead Engineer - OB Cues
Inventor of the DigiCue and DigiCue BLUE

Old
  (#17)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableroll View Post
I am interested in what is being said about the digicue blue. Please only honest objective opinions. No salesman. Anyone tried it? What are the pro's and con's?
I bought this product out of curiosity, and to help a friend hopefully identify stroke flaws. I am very impressed with it. I got it today, fast shipping. And once I figured out how to make my phone visible to other bluetooth devices it was simple to use. I hit about 50 shots, the thing vibrating here and there on some shots, so I thought my results would be terrible. What the stats show is what I figured needs work.....my pause. So now I have a tool that will surely help me develop this. Here's a screenshot when I finished. I think it was 45 shots total.

I think it's a great tool and I'll be working with it more over the next few days.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#18)
Hinekanman
AzB Silver Member
Hinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2018, 05:20 PM

bc21- good job with the straightness and tip steer. wish i could get mine there haha

Old
  (#19)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinekanman View Post
bc21- good job with the straightness and tip steer. wish i could get mine there haha
My lowest straightness number that I saw was 7.0. Tip steer was in the 8's a few times. Not sure how many shots comprise this total result screen. But I like that you can look at each shot individually for errors, and also look at bar graphs of each measured parameter over a certain time period.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#20)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member
nataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
My lowest straightness number that I saw was 7.0. Tip steer was in the 8's a few times. Not sure how many shots comprise this total result screen. But I like that you can look at each shot individually for errors, and also look at bar graphs of each measured parameter over a certain time period.
The screen that you posted shows data only from your last shot, and is not representative of a summary. The stats page shows long term statistics. There's a lot more we want to do with data manipulation and graphics in future app updates.

Good job BTW. I want to see someone get all 10s on follow through, tip steer, Straightness and jab.

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Old
  (#21)
BC21
Poolology

02-01-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataddrho View Post
The screen that you posted shows data only from your last shot, and is not representative of a summary. The stats page shows long term statistics. There's a lot more we want to do with data manipulation and graphics in future app updates.

Good job BTW. I want to see someone get all 10s on follow through, tip steer, Straightness and jab.
I've got a few shots recorded with 10s on straightness, tip steer, and jab, but not all 4. The follow through is usually between 6 and 8.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#22)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member

02-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I've got a few shots recorded with 10s on straightness, tip steer, and jab, but not all 4. The follow through is usually between 6 and 8.
I want to think about making a prized challenge to get 10's on all four. Not over the internet though, since someone could just edit the screenshot.

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Old
  (#23)
BC21
Poolology

02-01-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I want to think about making a prized challenge to get 10's on all four. Not over the internet though, since someone could just edit the screenshot.
It's possible. I just recorded ablut 30 more shots....getting close, but I notice more error in straightness or pause when I try to accelerate in order to get higher on follow through. Got three good results like this...so I know somebody out there can get all 10's. And i understand why it couldnt be a simple screenshot like this, still pretty neat. Most fun pool gadget I've used.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#24)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member

02-01-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
It's possible. I just recorded ablut 30 more shots....getting close, but I notice more error in straightness or pause when I try to accelerate in order to get higher on follow through. Got three good results like this...so I know somebody out there can get all 10's. And i understand why it couldnt be a simple screenshot like this, still pretty neat. Most fun pool gadget I've used.
I got pretty close
Attached Images

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Last edited by nataddrho; 02-01-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Old
  (#25)
BC21
Poolology

02-01-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I got pretty close
Very nice.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#26)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2018, 04:30 PM

I have only used mine twice. Without directions it has taken me a while to figure it out but I can see benefits in using this. As an example, I didn't know it would show statistics but when I turned it on the next day...there they were.
One thing that did help was to turn off all but one item to be measured. This way I could focus on the system features.
I will make a better post when I get back to the table.

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#27)
BC21
Poolology

02-06-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
I have only used mine twice. Without directions it has taken me a while to figure it out but I can see benefits in using this. As an example, I didn't know it would show statistics but when I turned it on the next day...there they were.
One thing that did help was to turn off all but one item to be measured. This way I could focus on the system features.
I will make a better post when I get back to the table.
Great post. Good idea to turn off other parameters in order to focus on a specific one.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#28)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 01:11 PM

On the Setting menu...then to Configurations...Vibrations.. I can select Vibrate on Success or Vibrate on Fault....Why can I turn them both on or both off? It doesn't make sense to turn both on or off....

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#29)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I got pretty close
Nathan, I watched your video. Do you recommend training with the digicue by shooting one ball at a time into a pocket as opposed to shooting the cue ball into the object ball? I find I can score better by shooting one ball at a time. What are your thoughts?

Old
  (#30)
BC21
Poolology

02-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableroll View Post
Nathan, I watched your video. Do you recommend training with the digicue by shooting one ball at a time into a pocket as opposed to shooting the cue ball into the object ball? I find I can score better by shooting one ball at a time. What are your thoughts?
Good question. What I did when I first got it was just shoot a few balls in normally, using the cb on each shot to get a true assessment of what the device found wrong with my stroke. It makes sense to then focus on the errors by shooting one ball at a time as you've described.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: