Old
  (#16)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-22-2018, 11:42 AM

Mike...That is one of the three "fixes" that I teach to correct too tight of a grip. It is not a bad thing, as you cannot grip tight if the cue is sliding. You still need a smooth transition from backswing to forward stroke. There is a you tube video of Dave Segal (Spiderweb Dave) running 40 balls in straight pool, letting the cue slide on every shot. Again, this is something I can help you with, if you decde to have me come work with you in PA.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Fran, I have a question similar to this. My stroke is smooth and I follow through correctly, well at least I think, and I cradle the cue but primarily use my index finger and my middle finger. As Scott mentioned above itís also important to have a smooth transition forward. Sometimes I actually feel the cue sliding through my fingers on the forward stroke. Is this bad or a bad habit forming? I still stroke straight and pocket balls but I just want make sure Iím not doing something wrong here. Thanks , mike

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#17)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-23-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
Hey Mike,

Players usually place their grip emphasis either on the thumb, index finger, and third finger together, or on the last three fingers together. Either grip can be used with a full fist on the cue. It's just a matter of where you place your emphasis.

I think it's a bit unstable for the grip pressure to be on the index and third fingers only. The cue sliding through your fingers isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is potential for bad things to happen, such as causing you to not follow through properly on shots. These problems associated with the cue sliding start to creep up on you without your realizing it's happening, so be careful.

I think you should consider choosing one of the two grips I mentioned above rather than your current grip.

I kind of mostly I think agree with this Fran but.

When you touch the thumb to the index, then middle then ring finger....the thumb mobilizes straighter down and plumb on the z axis.

It does reduce the backswing to the rear of the hand at the back foot unless one were to open up and bullerfly the hand or lift up like you see in some breakers

I grip pretty light Iíd think compared to most and donít of never noticed any slide issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: