Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Stroke straightness and Digicue blue
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-17-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinekanman View Post
I will do that but itís a a few months away I think. I was trying something. I tried that radial force. I had someone watch the points on my cue during the stroke and they said it turns slightly on the forward stroke. So consciously I tried not to do it and was able to have better straightness and my tip steer would give me right more which it was always left. So I mean I really have to mess with it more to understand what Iím actually doing.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
My tip steer is mostly to the left. i red line straightness always. I may accidentally get greenline but not often.

Old
  (#32)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 05:03 PM

Sounds like alignment issues to me, and the hands rolling to compensate and rectify the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#33)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member
nataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableroll View Post
My tip steer is mostly to the left. i red line straightness always. I may accidentally get greenline but not often.
Would you be able to post a video of your stroke?

Lead Engineer - OB Cues
Inventor of the DigiCue and DigiCue BLUE

Old
  (#34)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member
tableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond reputetableroll has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataddrho View Post
Would you be able to post a video of your stroke?
can you give me your email? Can I email it to you?

Old
  (#35)
Hinekanman
AzB Silver Member
Hinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2018, 10:40 PM

Ok so let me give an updated post. Just from trying to correct the turning of the hand I was able to correct a lot of the straightness in a tournament tonight. Keep in mind I have way better stats in tournaments then in practice ( who knows why). So itís something to work on in my opinion. This damn DigiCue blue will be the death of me lol.

Old
  (#36)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member
nataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond reputenataddrho has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
can you give me your email? Can I email it to you?
Yes please PM me

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Old
  (#37)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member

01-18-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinekanman View Post
Ok so let me give an updated post. Just from trying to correct the turning of the hand I was able to correct a lot of the straightness in a tournament tonight. Keep in mind I have way better stats in tournaments then in practice ( who knows why). So itís something to work on in my opinion. This damn DigiCue blue will be the death of me lol.

I may have turning of the hand problems also. So did you correct it by focusing on not turning your hand? Or did you do something else like stance correction . How exactly did you correct it? Thank you

Old
  (#38)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member

01-18-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
Sounds like alignment issues to me, and the hands rolling to compensate and rectify the shot

Is the way to correct "hand rolling" to focus on not rolling the hand? Or is there another method like stance correction or something else?

Old
  (#39)
Hinekanman
AzB Silver Member
Hinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond reputeHinekanman has a reputation beyond repute

01-18-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I may have turning of the hand problems also. So did you correct it by focusing on not turning your hand? Or did you do something else like stance correction . How exactly did you correct it? Thank you

I donít think I did anything specific as of yet but to try and keep my hand quiet when doing the forward stroke. I consciously thought of it for about an hour then had to practice to get ready for the tournament and saw improvement. Told myself not to worry about while playing but looking at my stats afterwards I rarely faulted on straightness on intermediate. Thatís just from a day of noticing a stroke flaw. I have a feeling if I work on it I will get much better at it.

Old
  (#40)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataddrho View Post
Are you going to the SBE? I'd be glad to show you in person.

I know that I can execute a pendulum stroke and get green on straightness. I should figure out how to better explain why.
I should also consider making a video on this because this is a common question.

Take a look at Jayson Shaw's scores.
Out of curiosity, for those of us who have the old digicue, what ranges would we be in for beginner, intermediate and advanced assuming 75% - 100% success rate for each level? This is cool stat you put up, and it would be neat to be able to get even a crude comparison if that is at all possible.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#41)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member

01-20-2018, 09:14 PM

The iOS version for the DigiCue BLUE only supports iOS 10.3 and greater.

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Old
  (#42)
nataddrho
AzB Silver Member

01-21-2018, 06:12 PM

Due to Amazon's competition issues with Google's products (and therefor the DigiCue database), any stock Amazon devices will not run the DigiCue app out of the box. All Amazon tablets are inherently Android devices though, so if they chose to, they can follow some relatively straightforward guides (just a Google search should work) on how to un-cripple their devices, and get access to the Google Play store, which would both install Google Services to their device, and give them access to the DigiCue app.

Lead Engineer - OB Cues

Old
  (#43)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2018, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Is the way to correct "hand rolling" to focus on not rolling the hand? Or is there another method like stance correction or something else?

Stance/ bad alignment....

Old
  (#44)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member

01-25-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
Stance/ bad alignment....

Today I made some adjustments in my stance/balance. I also adjusted my backstroke length after someone recommended putting a rubber band at the juncture of the ferrule and tip to help you draw your backswing all the way back. I adjusted my backstroke pause to be 1.7 seconds. I tried to be very aware of the lightness of my cradle and made it even lighter. Que tip not more than 1/4 inch away from the Q ball at the set position. After 95 shots my straightness average went from 6.87 to 7.73. tip steer left from 8.02 to 8.38. Tip steer right from 8.86 to 9.48. Follow through from 7.15 to 7.02 and Backstroke pause from .76 to 1.07.
Strong focus and awareness of the straightness you are sending the cue forward is very helpful also. I hope my scores improve and that today's improvement does not vaporize tomorrow. One other thing comes to mind that helped a lot. Finishing the cue at one's chest making the que tip finish touching the cloth. Very helpful.

Old
  (#45)
tableroll
AzB Silver Member

01-25-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Today I made some adjustments in my stance/balance. I also adjusted my backstroke length after someone recommended putting a rubber band at the juncture of the ferrule and tip to help you draw your backswing all the way back. I adjusted my backstroke pause to be 1.7 seconds. I tried to be very aware of the lightness of my cradle and made it even lighter. Que tip not more than 1/4 inch away from the Q ball at the set position. After 95 shots my straightness average went from 6.87 to 7.73. tip steer left from 8.02 to 8.38. Tip steer right from 8.86 to 9.48. Follow through from 7.15 to 7.02 and Backstroke pause from .76 to 1.07.
Strong focus and awareness of the straightness you are sending the cue forward is very helpful also. I hope my scores improve and that today's improvement does not vaporize tomorrow. One other thing comes to mind that helped a lot. Finishing the cue at one's chest making the que tip finish touching the cloth. Very helpful.
Out of curiosity, I waited two hours to see if I could improve a little or did everything go out the window? Well I am happy and maybe I finally am getting a handle on this thing. Nate was right, one can get a straight hit with a pendulum stroke. I was getting skeptical.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: