2 7 2 System
Old
  (#1)
Art Amato
AzB Bronze Member
Art Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

2 7 2 System - 02-01-2018, 04:05 PM

I read that The Monk teaches the 2 7 2 system that deals with the cb tracking towards the center of table thus avoiding a scratch. Can you expand on this system?

Old
  (#2)
Ralph Kramden
BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Ralph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond reputeRalph Kramden has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Amato View Post
I read that The Monk teaches the 2 7 2 system that deals with the cb tracking towards the center of table thus avoiding a scratch. Can you expand on this system?
Art.... I'm not an instructor but my understanding of 2-7-2 is for CB speed control.

With your CB on the center spot... you'll aim at the 2nd diamond on one long rail.
The CB goes from 2nd diamond to 7th diamond on a short rail (middle diamond)
The CB heads to the 2nd diamond on a opposite long rail. and to the center spot.

That's it.. 2-7-2 speed control. Not easy as you need spin to stop at exact center.
If the CB takes a 45 degree route off the end rail, it will track toward middle table.

GAMES... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard

Recognize a 1/2 ball 30 degree cut and quarter ball angles.
Paralysis by aiming analysis happens by thinking too much.

To play at top speed... You must own the stop shot line.

Old
  (#3)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

02-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Kramden View Post

Art.... I'm not an instructor but my understanding of 2-7-2 is for CB speed control.

With your CB on the center spot... you'll aim at the 2nd diamond on one long rail.

The CB goes from 2nd diamond to 7th diamond on a short rail (middle diamond)

The CB heads to the 2nd diamond on a opposite long rail. and to the center spot.

That's it.. 2-7-2 speed control. Not easy as you need spin to stop at exact center.

If the CB takes a 45 degree route off the end rail, it will track toward middle table.

Lmao we used to do that for a dollar or two a pop and lay a dime down base of ball and be 5-6 men deep in Tulsa up at the palace.

Good times. Dammed good drill

Itís similar to the one I show guys with the cue ball.

Take all 16 balls behind the kitchen.

Take cb first.

Shoot it to the spot.

The object is to get it on the spot.

Of course effren....you failed lol.

Leave it where it is and now shoot the other balls off rails, off each other or directly into the cb....trying to land the cb on the spot.

Each ball lays and stays where it is at after you shoot.

So you have 16 tries to get that cb on that spot.

Itís much harder...yet much easier than it looks in some ways.

Accuracy and good speed control will get you there in 4-6 consistently. Sloppy poor shooting lack of kicking, Carom and bank angles and speed control will get you frustrated mad taking balls off another table 🤣

Itís a good practice game alone or partners even taking turns to shoot

One can gamble at that as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#4)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

02-08-2018, 11:19 PM

Control - 2-7-2 page 73, Encyclopedia of Pocket Billiards, Johnny Holiday.

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

ďDead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#5)
BilliardsAbout
Billiards.About.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute

02-09-2018, 06:05 AM

Yessir! I talked with TK some about Johnny H's stuff--I love this little shot with a dash of spin to roll the cue ball to the table's middle.

-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool

Old
  (#6)
Art Amato
AzB Bronze Member
Art Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond reputeArt Amato has a reputation beyond repute

02-11-2018, 04:03 PM

Thanks David but this book is no longer available. I tried Amazon & Ebay with no luck.

Old
  (#7)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2018, 07:26 AM

Why not ask the Monk?

Been Verified. Supporter of responsible teaching. Background checks for instructors, especially those who teach kids.

Old
  (#8)
Art Amato
AzB Bronze Member

02-12-2018, 05:00 PM

I did and haven't received a response from him as of yet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: