Bernard (pots and pans) Rogoff passes

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yeah, glad to have known him. Condolences to his family and friends.

Cashrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one more time....

"lovely blouse you have on ...what material IS that?....can that be Felt ?"

[reply] why yes ! ...then blammo ...he clutches the boobs !!

usually followed by a smack ...but he didn't care it was all about the gag.

Pots & Pans.

He made me laugh when at the time all l felt was sorrow.

Thanks Mr Rogoff.

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Word is Bernie has not passed away just yet. Just moments ago some it was reported that he was in fact in Hospice in a coma in Las Vegas. Either way, we will no longer have this very enjoyable character among us.

R.I.P. Bernie.

Ray

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Word is Bernie has not passed away just yet. Just moments ago some it was reported that he was in fact in Hospice in a coma in Las Vegas. Either way, we will no longer have this very enjoyable character among us.

R.I.P. Bernie.

Ray

Hey Ray,

Wouldn't it be just like Bernie to have his death reported before it actually happened. Probably wanted to know what people would say about him :eek: :rolleyes:!

Lyn

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Ray,

Wouldn't it be just like Bernie to have his death reported before it actually happened. Probably wanted to know what people would say about him :eek: :rolleyes:!

Lyn

I think it was just people wanting to be "the first" to report something. This happened with Danny Medina at least twice.

It's not Billy's fault at all. I have seen it on Facebook for a couple of days already.

It would be great if there was a chance of just a little more time with Bernie, but it doesn't sound like we will ever have Bernie back......but you never know.

Prayers out to Bernie, his family and all of his friends here in the pool world.

Ray

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was 23 years old and hustling pool in Miami Fl., I ventured into a bar located on the 79th. st causeway ( I believe) called "Jilly's" Jackie Gleason at times would play pool there ..usually on a week end. The bar was a dimly lit place that seemed a little 'eerie' kinda got my adrenalin flowing as I walked deeper into the club. I found a stairwell that led me into an area where there were 3 bar tables and a crew of somewhat rowdy guys drinking beer and playing pool. That's when I recognized that ..pots and pans was one of the players playing. I didn't want anyone to know that we knew one another because I knew something different was about to happen and so I just stood there silently. They were playing $20 8ball and you put a quarter on the table to challenge the winner. Bunny as we called him (Bernard Rogoff/alias "pots and pans") nodded to me in his discreet way to put a quarter up and challenge...which I did.... Moving along with the story.. I played in the game for about an hour holding my own..back and forth the money went, then Bunny said (dressed in his truck drivers out fit..playing the drunk act) I'll tell you what i'll take this kid (meaning me) and play you two guys partners for 20 bucks a man. As he wobbled across the room.:thud: Well, these guys thought that they had something good playing against a kid and a drunk so they suggested that we put up 100 bucks apiece and play $20 a game till someone won the money. I didn't say much because I wanted to keep a low profile and because I was actually intimidated and wanted to "be cool" and not over hustle..not in this spot. Just didn't feel right. We put the $400 on the light and began playing, after playing about another hour one of the guys said that we probably knew one another and he was getting angry. Being three games up at the time certainly didn't help our situation, other than helping it ..financially...I think. Well, we won 3 of the next 4 games to win the freeze out and things were starting to get scary. One of the guys said that he was going to take all the money because we hustled them (and he was pretty big and angry) Bunny then said in his drunken voice... you can't do that this kid won the money fair and square... The big guy started to walk over to the light to grab the money...thats when Bunny ran to the table and jumped up and grabbed the money off the light and took off running out the door. The other guy pulled a gun and fired it as bunny was running out the door, fortunately missing Bunny. Everyone ran outside and Bunny ran into a field in back of the club as this guy was shooting at him.:yikes: My car was in the parking lot so I figured this was a good time to jump into my car and boogie..which I did ..in a hurry while they were occupied chasing Bunny.:sorry: Well Bunny got away clean and it wasn't until almost 10 years later before I saw Bunny again, he walked up to me and said ..Cardon-eee (thats what he called me) here's that $200 I owe you.

R.I.P. Bunny.

Bill Incardona

Amazing

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Ray...guess it's good news that Bunny is still with us but bad news that he may only have a short time left.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say our thoughts & prayers are with him, his family & all who know & love him...

Mary Kenniston

Last edited:

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP, Sire...

The Guv at the '11 One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner at Derby City...

Photo courtesy of Diana Hoppe

Attachments

• Bernard Rogoff - '11 HOF Dinner - DCC - Elizabeth, IN2 - PC of D Hoppe.jpg
    Bernard Rogoff - '11 HOF Dinner - DCC - Elizabeth, IN2 - PC of D Hoppe.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 164

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I saw Pots and Pans having a blast at DCC for at least the past 6-7 years, maybe more. Usually in one of his "outfits".

One of pool's more outstanding and memorable personalities.

Mr. Bernard "Pots and Pans" Rogoff, thanks for your contributions to our collective billiard experience and memory.

Rest in peace,

Will Prout

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Isn't there one of our members somewhere who can verify Bernie's condition? One of his close friends e-mailed me he was still alive a day or two ago. The LV Review Journal has no obit listed for him. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Lyn

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Isn't there one of our members somewhere who can verify Bernie's condition? One of his close friends e-mailed me he was still alive a day or two ago. The LV Review Journal has no obit listed for him. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Lyn

He is gone and already cremated.

Bunny commenting on Kilroy, from my book:

Kilroy” (Roy Kosmolski) and I were on the road and he was posing as an executive that was opening a tomato-canning factory. I had the truck driver’s uniform and a beard, so they never connected us anywhere.
Kilroy was telling everybody stories about building tomato can factories so often, that he actually got to believing it himself. After we took off the money, we’d go to the outskirts of town, or down the road a ways to eat, so they wouldn’t see us together. After a while, Kilroy got to the point where he wouldn’t sit with me. He’d take a booth, and make me sit at the counter, because he was an executive and didn’t want anybody to see him associating with a truck driver. How do you like that?”

Beard

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
He is gone and already cremated.

Bunny commenting on Kilroy, from my book:

Kilroy” (Roy Kosmolski) and I were on the road and he was posing as an executive that was opening a tomato-canning factory. I had the truck driver’s uniform and a beard, so they never connected us anywhere.
Kilroy was telling everybody stories about building tomato can factories so often, that he actually got to believing it himself. After we took off the money, we’d go to the outskirts of town, or down the road a ways to eat, so they wouldn’t see us together. After a while, Kilroy got to the point where he wouldn’t sit with me. He’d take a booth, and make me sit at the counter, because he was an executive and didn’t want anybody to see him associating with a truck driver. How do you like that?”

Beard

Thanks Freddy,

Sad but not unexpected.

Lyn