If you're Tyler's backer

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Capture.jpg

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Looks like the same game and spot. Just moved location to sell tickets for fans to come watch

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
With Tyler at a 754 and Jesus at a 722 Fargo Rating, I think that in a long match Tyler is listed as over a 90% favorite to win. After Day 1, I definitely thought that Tyler would coast to an easy win. Jesus definitely played WAY BETTER than a 722 rating in Day 3 IMO.

Tyler is slow and methodical. But I wouldn't say that Jesus is a fast player either.

The rematch I think could go either way, but IMO Jesus is still the underdog. What surprised me the most was that Jesus' break appeared to be as good as Tyler's. And that's saying something.

EDIT: I honestly don't know if giving Jesus the 9-ball makes up for the 30+ Fargo Rating difference.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per Roy's post game statement Tyler is going to give Jesus the 9 again and try to outrun the nuts. I give him much respect for stepping up, saying he's supposed to win and doubling down. I am pulling for him because if he wins the people will demand a third match to complete the trilogy.

We all should thank Roy for promoting pool as it should be, especially during the pandemic. Thanks to both these players who gave all they had in this event. Just amazing pool.

evis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We get it.... you don't like Tyler. I have a feeling he's going to surpise you.

Tyler got beat! There's no two ways about it. The kid played better under pressure when it really counted. I was far more impressed with his game than Tyler's. IMO he has more upside potential to be a top player than Tyler. His game reminds me of Justin Bergman's and that ain't so bad. They are both gunfighters who know how to make the kill!

Tyler cannot win at this game! Psychologically Jesus has an edge on him now. Tyler could win playing even, but it wouldn't be easy. A lot is made of his big break, but I saw him lose control of the cue ball over half the time and not leave himself a look at the one ball many times when he did make a ball. Knowing how to control your break shot is more important than just hitting them hard! Earl never had the hardest break, but what he had was a very effective break that allowed him to run rack after rack.

Tyler did not look confident, and he took a lot of time on many shots that he subsequently missed. His sub par position play was often caused by poor speed control of the cue ball. When we talk about position play, cue ball speed control is 90% of it!

My opinion is that Tyler is on the edge of either becoming a good player or quitting the game entirely. It will take a lot of hard work for him to become a top player and I'm not sure he has the motivation to do that now. Only time will tell. I see him on a straight trajectory the last two years with little progress or advancement. If he did in fact have the skills that people are attributing to him here he would have won this match. Based on what I saw on days two and three he was fortunate to have the score be as close as it was. Jesus definitely had a let down on day three that allowed Tyler to climb back in the match. But when it really counted Jesus rose to the occasion and Tyler did not. That's the match I watched. :yes:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We get it.... you don't like Tyler. I have a feeling he's going to surpise you.
I don't see it as dislike but just a brutally honest assessment of what he sees. JH has seen a LOT of kids come down the pike over the yrs. and his eye for talent/drive/desire is just more highly tuned than most observers. I like TS but i also agree with much of Jay's statement. He is at a crucial moment in his pool career and i hope he does well.

evis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see it as dislike but just a brutally honest assessment of what he sees. JH has seen a LOT of kids come down the pike over the yrs. and his eye for talent/drive/desire is just more highly tuned than most observers. I like TS but i also agree with much of Jay's statement. He is at a crucial moment in his pool career and i hope he does well.
I hear what your saying, but when Jay makes a comment about his motivation or work ethic... I just don't see that being brutal honest, especially when I could be wrong Jay really doesn't know anything about Tyler.

For exmple the blood wasn't even dry on the carpent and rematched was set. Again I could be wrong... I'm betting that was Tyler all day long. Also the kid threw his own money in the ring, if thats not heart or motivation I'm not sure what is... Tyler isn't stupid he knows anything can happen at the table, nothing is a give me.