Is this a good beginning pool cue?

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here here. At least it aint made in communist china. As long as the cue feels good and hits good to you than it is a good deal. The only thing you might like to change is the tip. If the balance feels good to you but the hit is not what you might expect than try another tip. Best of luck and enjoy.

Too bad Dufferin is not in business any more.

Bob Danielson
www.bdcuesandcomix.com

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here here. At least it aint made in communist china. As long as the cue feels good and hits good to you than it is a good deal. The only thing you might like to change is the tip. If the balance feels good to you but the hit is not what you might expect than try another tip. Best of luck and enjoy.

Too bad Dufferin is not in business any more.

Bob Danielson
www.bdcuesandcomix.com

It is my understanding that Dufferins are still being made only now in - communist China.

Dick

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
http://www.fgbradleys.com/fgb-cart/Product.asp?pid=5752&cat=131

Heres the case I'm getting:

http://www.fgbradleys.com/fgb-cart/Product.asp?pid=431&cat=31

I play casually (one a week or less) and i wouldn't want to spend more than 100.

I would go a little higher in price and look for a little more quality. Make sure that the maple shaft has some kind of pro taper and not just a euro taper or cone shape. You will probably need an 18 to 19 oz cue, 58 inches long. The standard tip is a lepro or triangle. The cheap tips will mushroom out in a week or 2. Make sure that there is no finish on the shaft except the first 3 or 4 inches by the joint.

Go to the local pool hall on league night (any league) and see what some of the players are using. Ask a few questions .... most players will be helpful. DONOT agree to play for money...... LOL

good luck

Kim

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad. Was told by a Canadian cuemaker that Dufferin no longer made cues. Did not know that they had sold out to Chinese firm who where using the name still.

Bob Danielson

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang out at a pool hall enough where plenty of players are, and you will find a low end used Joss, McDermott, or Viking for sale for around $75 to $100. It might need cleaning and a new tip, but it will be a little better quality and you will get to hit with it before you buy it.

Kelly

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can always find a house cue you enjoy playing with and have a cuemaker add a joint and maybe some collors. Just a thought.

fugdbdt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can always find a house cue you enjoy playing with and have a cuemaker add a joint and maybe some collors. Just a thought.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Except add a straight grain shaft. House cues hit more solid than alot of lower end cues. They are after all full spliced. And they also will handle the cannon ball (larger coin op ball) better than alot of cues.