Votes: 49 35.3%

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 42 30.2%

• Total voters

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually the main sizes are 13, 12.5 and 11.75. These are the sizes that Predator, OB, Tiger, and most of the cue companies use.

For the poll...I use an 11.75 Tiger X Pro, and an 11.75 McDermott G-Core shaft.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Predator doesn't even make a standard 12.5 shaft or 13 check their web site, check your facts !!!
Neither does OB make a standard 12.5 or 13 shaft, check their web site, check your facts !!!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took mine down to 12.75 and liked it better. Six months later I took it down to 12.5 and I like it even more. No intention to go any further at this time, though, the thing feels perfect in my hand now.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have purchased both 12.5 and 13mm Predator shafts. At the time they were "standard" sizes. The 13mm was called the Fat Cat. Both of these were several years ago, so they DID make them. Perhaps they have changed, or were discontinued, but my facts were correct as far as when I purchased them.

Scott Lee

Predator doesn't even make a standard 12.5 shaft or 13 check their web site, check your facts !!!
Neither does OB make a standard 12.5 or 13 shaft, check their web site, check your facts !!!

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have purchased both 12.5 and 13mm Predator shafts. At the time they were "standard" sizes. The 13mm was called the Fat Cat. Both of these were several years ago, so they DID make them. Perhaps they have changed, or were discontinued, but my facts were correct as far as when I purchased them.

Scott Lee

Your talking about the Predator Fatboy shaft which was 13.2

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Other

11.75 mm for me. I have all different tapers, ...... Conical, Pro, & Super-Pro, (think they also call this modifed Pro as well.)
I like the modified Pro taper, although I feel I pot balls better with the standard Pro taper.

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
Have tried everything from 11.6-14
Many years 12.6 was my go to, but as I have grown wiser in my play, and do less unnecessary movement with the cueball 13.2 is where my happy place is

Balabushka_Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have tried everything from 11.6-14
Many years 12.6 was my go to, but as I have grown wiser in my play, and do less yunnecessary movement with the cueball 13.2 is where my happy place is

Yep... That's what recently happened to me.
Decided to go back to a 13 type pro tapper
& you're spot on about unnecessary movement.
Rather than just follow the 12 craze, I agree
some should test what works best for their
game and not some pro or advertisement
based on popularity.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I start at 13... over time the shaft gets smaller from having it cleaned and stuff... but I start at 13.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I voted 12... But I actually play with an 11.75mm

Agreed -- that's what I play with (OB [Classic] Pro). I play snooker and 3-cushion as well, so the straight taper and smaller tip felt natural to me. (In fact, 3-cushion players that try my cue, exclaim "hey, this is a 3C cue!")

Whenever I go back to a "normal" shaft size & taper (e.g. anything above 12.5mm and with a pro taper), it feels like I'm shooting with a broom stick or extremely large dowel.

-Sean

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You should have set the poll up with 1/4 mm increments as you are probably going to find that 12.75 has over taken 13mm as the top choice now. At least that is my experience as a cuemaker.