Deciding about the new tip

lawyersenan

Sanan Shirinov
Hi everyone,

I am currently playing with Cuetec Cynergy cue with Cynergy 12.5 carbon fiber shaft. I decided to change it up and want to buy Predator cue with Revo 12.4.

I actually like the Tiger Sniper tip which Cynergy came with. Would like to get your opinions on whether should I get Revo with the Sniper tip or stick to the stock tip which is Predator Victory soft?

I will appreciate if you can suggest any other tip that plays well on Revo.

Thank you!

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I am currently playing with Cuetec Cynergy cue with Cynergy 12.5 carbon fiber shaft. I decided to change it up and want to buy Predator cue with Revo 12.4.

I actually like the Tiger Sniper tip which Cynergy came with. Would like to get your opinions on whether should I get Revo with the Sniper tip or stick to the stock tip which is Predator Victory soft?

Thank you!

I’ve been using a Revo for a few months now and although I didn’t have any issues with mushrooming, I did feel like the stock victory tip was too soft for my liking. I really prefer a medium tip, but with all of the recommendations to stay on the softer side with the CF shafts, I decided to try the Kamui brown soft which is on the harder side of soft and closer to medium for most tips. It’s not back from Seyberts yet, but I have used it before and liked it.

That said, I like the sniper and don’t think you could go wrong with that. According to https://www.pooldawg.com/article/pooldawg-library/the-ultimate-pool-cue-tip-guide
They are right next to each other in hardness.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle, I use it on my Rick Howard player and my Pech breaker. No problems, no mushrooms, very minor touch up on occassion using a Willards dime. Of course I keep the sides of the tip burnished.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say get the same tip for the revo. Isolate the variable- new shaft- so you can make a shaft/ shaft comparison.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe different CF shafts have their own characteristics. The way a tip works on one brand might not work the same on another brand. I have been shooting with Revo's for about 3 years now and I use the Victory soft tip that comes with the Revo as I find it really works well. I have a lathe and many brands of tips. I change and replace tips for friends and league members so putting a different tip on my shaft isn't a problem. I could put any tip I want on it. For a short time I tried the Cuetec and actually liked the Sniper tip on it but, for me, nothing works better than the Victory soft on the Revo.
My only suggestion is to try the Victory tip before changing it and trying another brand.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I believe different CF shafts have their own characteristics. The way a tip works on one brand might not work the same on another brand. I have been shooting with Revo's for about 3 years now and I use the Victory soft tip that comes with the Revo as I find it really works well. I have a lathe and many brands of tips. I change and replace tips for friends and league members so putting a different tip on my shaft isn't a problem. I could put any tip I want on it. For a short time I tried the Cuetec and actually liked the Sniper tip on it but, for me, nothing works better than the Victory soft on the Revo.
My only suggestion is to try the Victory tip before changing it and trying another brand.

Revo with sniper tip works like magic, give that a go, you'd be surprised, for me it was miles better than revo with a victory.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

My cynergy is my first CF shaft. I decided that the factory matched a tip to their shaft that would please most people so I gave the sniper a try. Mine miscues far more than my elkmaster tips. When it wears out I will try a sorted but not dudded elkmaster on there. I have some old elkmasters and they are making me wonder why I dudded tips. I put one on a one piece dufferin. Not having a break cue I have been breaking with that for months. Still no mushrooming.

My inclination would be to try the factory tip on a shaft before trying others if you aren't happy.

Hu

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I become King I will outlaw all tips except 1 brand of solid tip and 1 brand of layered tip that way all of you tip fanatics can get some sleep at night.
I think most of the tip sweaters here probably cant run a rack of anything with any tip.
There rant over.
Carry on guys.
And dont get me started on dumb ass aiming systems.
I feel better now.
Thanks for listening.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
???

When I become King I will outlaw all tips except 1 brand of solid tip and 1 brand of layered tip that way all of you tip fanatics can get some sleep at night.
I think most of the tip sweaters here probably cant run a rack of anything with any tip.
There rant over.
Carry on guys.
I feel better now.
Thanks for listening.

What's with the layered tip?

Hu

;)

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There rant over.
Carry on guys.
I feel better now.
Thanks for listening.

Ha! ...had to make sure it wasn’t my name next to the posting.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

If you like and are comfortable with a tip, get what you like. I hated the sniper tip on the cynergy, changed it and still thought the shaft wasn't great. I went back to my Revo and I've loved the victory soft. Many people complain about them but I've had no issues with it. I've even put the victory on a couple other shafts I have.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well a "tip" is just a part of a tool, the tool being a Pool Cue, back in the day long ago all Tips were just "non layered leather or some "non layered hide". Then there came layered tips. The holy grail of Pool Cue Tips.:thumbup:

Now their is I am guessing maybe 100 different brands of tips, both layered, and non layered. Then you got various degrees of hardness from very soft, to very very hard. Too many choices.

There is no magic Tip that is going to turn a ball banger into the new World Class Player.

Remember there was this guy winning ever big tournment, and multi stop tournament tour in Arizona. His weapon was a McDermott Merry Widow, with LePro Tip. One migh ask how could that be? Simple answer, Indian with skill, not the Bow & Arrowr he hunts with.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using the Revo 12.9 with Victory soft tip for 2 years and love it. I'd recommend trying it out first and then you can change and get a first hand comparison.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Schmelke cue I have came with an Ultra skin medium.
I've tried ultra skin tips in the past and miscued quite a bit.
I came to my own personal conclusion the $5.00 tips are just that. Cheap.
Every time I play with this tip I miscue a couple times in 4 or 5 hours.
Usually when I hitting a hard draw shot.
This never happens when i'm playing with my other cues that have Triangle solid tips.
I think I'm going to change out the crappy Ultra skin for a Triangle.
I've given that tip several months to prove itself to me and it's failed.
And please don't recommend $20 tips thats not going to happen.
They might be better then the $5.00 Ultra skin but I'm not paying that plus install for a 13 MM glued together tip. LOL.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My got to Tip was a Tiger Hard Layered Tip forever, it went out of production. So I now use Tiger Emerald Hard. Honestly I can not tell difference, both are not too pricy.

Some people still play with a old school LePro, they use the LePro because they work.

Tips are another gimmick to make money with, everyone who buy into the idea is looking for something magic to make you a World Class player.

IMHO you are just a victim of hype, advertising, or someone trying to sell you something. If you buy into the notion that a magic tip, will make you a world class pool player.

Last edited: