To every poolhall and bar tough guy

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I can't tell who is a tough guy from this thread, but its pretty easy to see who are, what I would call pansies, those that think sucker punching a drunk guy is acceptable.

If that guy wanted to hit the other guy, take it outside like the old school gentlemen.

Oh woww, this has reached a personal level to you, I can see. And you've now involved members here.

Say when:p

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Throwing the cueball off the table was stupid, had the guy called him outside and beat his ass, sure you could label him a tough guy, smacking a drunk in the head with a pool cue and hitting him while disoriented isn't tough guy anything.

With you analogy, you have someone physically touching someone to remove their hat, a hat they likely own, here someone touched the cueball owned by neither guy in a oublic setting.

An anolgy more fittingin my opinion is playing chess in the park on a public managed table and some drunk knocks over the pieces, then instead of calling him out like a real tough guy, you hit them in the head with the chess board when they aren't looking then finish it off with punches.

It isn't tough guy shit, it is b*tch shit.

I respectfully disagree.
Swiping the ball is as good as a punch to me.

If you do that and then are not looking for the
guy to immediately come swinging your direction
you are a dipshit.

" it seems you swiped my ball my good man, I don't take
kindly to that! How's about we step outside and
settle this like men"
Gtfo

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Dude attacked the guy with cue butt, anyone who would call sucker punching someone a tough guy is beyond me.

If I wack someone in the head with a baseball bat when they aren't looking am I uber tough?

I think the victim (who decided to throw the cue ball on the floor, maybe because he wasnt getting his way?? Im not sure) took the shaft to the head, not the butt. The one time I saw an actual butt broken over a dudes head he was out cold, an ambulance picked him up and carried him off, he was out at least 10-15 minutes when paramedics arrived. Not sure how bad he was injured but his head leaked a shocking amount of blood on the floor.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Didn't look disoriented to me. Looked like he was coming back for more, raising his hands while stepping in.

He got exactly what he was looking for.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a good kill. People who fuk with the layout thinking "checkmate" all deserve that bit of krav mini.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was mostly concerned with the compact delivery of his punch. That's a fellow that I would be sure to avoid.

It's not really a sucker punch when the guy reached over and interfered with someone else. And slapping someone with a shaft is not the same as clubbing someone with a cue butt

Overreaction, sure, but not unexpected.

Looks like it was more that a shaft slap, as it appears the cue broke and the dude throws what's left of it on the table.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Dude is obviously wound a little tight!
The reactions of the patrons was priceless!
Just another night at the pub!

terpdad

Registered
It's not personal, just think its hilarious ya'll think sucker punching a drunk is tough guy shit, lmao.

The guy holding the cue D/N sucker punch him. Tossing the cue ball was a challenge. That challenge was accepted & the conflict was resolved, probably not the way the tosser imagined. I would also add that in most bars/pubs/poolhalls I've been to if a guy's behavior was way out of line someone usually speaks up. No evidence of that in this video.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy holding the cue D/N sucker punch him. Tossing the cue ball was a challenge. That challenge was accepted & the conflict was resolved, probably not the way the tosser imagined. I would also add that in most bars/pubs/poolhalls I've been to if a guy's behavior was way out of line someone usually speaks up. No evidence of that in this video.

Seems like I am in the minority on this one, to each their own, probably due to my upbringing.

I'v spent my fair amount of time in a bar, bartended many moons back in my early 20's.

I'd agree with you someone usually speaks up when someone is being an asshole, no doubt about it. The time for someone to speak up would generally be right after the guy tossed the cueball on the floor or something equally douchey.

The guy who tossed the cueball pretty much got his ass beat immediately, so not much time to speak up, and I'd say people are generally WAY less eager to speak up to someone who just beat another person's ass.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit someone with a cue across the face and you are asking for trouble, maybe cost you your life.

One thing I learned is there is no such thing as a fair fight. Don’t be silly, Opponents are very seldom
evenly matched in size, speed, strength or fighting skills. I was told by my dad when I was 11 years old
that fighting was to be avoided but there at times when it can’t. You’ll learn to recognize those situations
and in those instances always remember this. Make sure you land the first punch and make it a great one
because it could be the only punch you get to throw. And when you fight, you fight to win so there are no
rules and the only thing that matters is victory. And always remember that in the USA, a lot of people are
armed and a cue can be used a deadly weapon too so if someone is armed, it might be the last punch the
other guy ever gets to throw again. Videos are very entertaining to watch and real life encounters happen all
the time. Thank God, I’ve never fired my gun in the last 30 years other than at the range but I’ve had to draw
my weapon 3x & once it resulted in the other party being arrested by the police. Like I earlier wrote, videos
are entertaining but real life encounters can become unfortunately deadly so always try to avoid getting in a fight.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip: if you ever draw your weapon in self defense, always make sure to remain on site after you notify
the local police you just had to defend yourself and await instructions. The police always will show up
to take a report if they are available but if not, make a written report the following day to protect your CCW
privileges from any false claims or assertions you brandished your weapon or irrationally acted in any way.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any lip readers here? I think what was said was probably as challenging as throwing the cue ball. Could it have been settled without the cue stick? Sure. Could it have been settled without violence? In this case probably not, too much liquid courage. Would he have been so eager to avenge if he was outweighed by as much as he appears to outweigh the guy now on the floor? Maybe, looks like he has a pretty short fuse. This might just be a regular Saturday night for him. Might be some backstory here. He didn't have to use the cue, he had the edge without it.
Last fight I was in was 40 years ago, over a foosball game of all things. He hit me first but I was quickly on top, until his friend caught me from behind. Unexpected things happen, have to think about that.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Any lip readers here? I think what was said was probably as challenging as throwing the cue ball. Could it have been settled without the cue stick? Sure. Could it have been settled without violence? In this case probably not, too much liquid courage. Would he have been so eager to avenge if he was outweighed by as much as he appears to outweigh the guy now on the floor? Maybe, looks like he has a pretty short fuse. This might just be a regular Saturday night for him. Might be some backstory here. He didn't have to use the cue, he had the edge without it.
Last fight I was in was 40 years ago, over a foosball game of all things. He hit me first but I was quickly on top, until his friend caught me from behind. Unexpected things happen, have to think about that.

Witness on the twitter thread noted that the breaker asked the guy to move out of the way so he could shoot. Guy tossed cueball in response.

Hijinks ensued

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Without knowing what words passed between the two, it is really hard to evaluate. Further, are we talking civil or criminal responsibility? On the criminal side, once the cue was brought to bear, it was a felony, aggravated assault, which can carry 20 to 25 years. If it had only been fists, then it is usually simply a misdemeanor -- good old Saturday night fun.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He hit me first but I was quickly on top, until his friend caught me from behind. Unexpected things happen, have to think about that.

I got a funny story about how unexpected things come up.

When I was 13 I got my ass beat, I was a pretty husky kid at the time, about 195lbs, fought someone who was about 30 years old and a lot bigger than I, pretty stupid looking back.

I was good at boxing at the time and a bit overconfident as my step-grandfather who came to live with us when I was about 7 was a pro boxer in his youth, not elite in the world of Boxing( he had fought 5 former world champs and beat four of them), we spared all the time as I grew up.

Anyways back to the fight, I was lighting the guy up on the feet, then out of the blue the guy started throwing kicks, I never dealt with kicks,never trained them, practiced them, defended them.

I tried to catch a kick and took a right hook to the ear and fell to the ground dazed and confused, only time I have been knocked down from a punch, blood was all pouring out my ear.

I was taught never hit a man that's down, apparently, nobody had taught the guy I was fighting the same concept, he proceeded to beat my ass for a good couple minutes until someone called him off.

Ahh memories, luckily back when I was young, dumb and prone to fighting, people would stand the fight up if it hit the ground, and being a decent boxer that always worked out pretty well for me

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Witness on the twitter thread noted that the breaker asked the guy to move out of the way so he could shoot. Guy tossed cueball in response.

Hijinks ensued

And he was brave because he had a wing man with him.
I can't stand those cowards .
The guy who knocked him out looks like he's done some boxing .

I don't feel bad for the laid-out dude at all. He totally deserved it .

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i think he was approaching the pool players asking about the chalk, clearly drunk, and the breaker guy wanted him out of his space to which the drunk guy responded by throwing the cue ball away. over reaction, sure. the guy should work on his anger management. but variants of that happens to me at times, mostly idiots effing around with my cues. it is extremely annoying