Silver Member
i have hsu kielwood shaft with no ferrule? dont know how richard calls it
alttle more deflection than my ob 1+
easy to adjust
but better feel and seems to transfer energy better

Last edited:

Slick53

Registered
I have a 30” Diveney Kielwood shaft. One of my favorites for sure. Very distinctive sound. The video above was very informative.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kielwood Shaft

I have played about 10 hours with a Kielwood shaft and I like it better than all the other wood limited deflection shafts. I play with a Kamui SS Clear black tip and 12.90 MM shaft. I like how solid the shaft plays. It is a quite shaft and it doesn't break down with excessive vibration and flex when you hit the cue ball fairly hard like most wood shafts. Simply put its a solid playing shaft at any speed of hit and its a quite playing shaft will little vibration.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I like my OB Phoenix 3, but I still have to get comfortable with it. It’s quite stiff for an 11.8 shaft. I’ve played about 4 hours with it. It still has the stock Everest tip on it.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played about 10 hours with a Kielwood shaft and I like it better than all the other wood limited deflection shafts. I play with a Kamui SS Clear black tip and 12.90 MM shaft. I like how solid the shaft plays. It is a quite shaft and it doesn't break down with excessive vibration and flex when you hit the cue ball fairly hard like most wood shafts. Simply put its a solid playing shaft at any speed of hit and its a quite playing shaft will little vibration.
dba439a6ce7d3ee3a26ad2580be99f02.jpg

Julian

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would describe that sound as "hollow". For me it would be very annoying.

Julian

One room I've been to had a 12 footer as the centerpiece. It came with a clunky, seemed like 8, 10 foot stick for shots way out beyond reach. It made that sound; deeper and more resonant but that sound. Always got laughs.

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
I like my OB Phoenix 3, but I still have to get comfortable with it. It’s quite stiff for an 11.8 shaft. I’ve played about 4 hours with it. It still has the stock Everest tip on it.
Is this a Kielwood shaft? If not, why post?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two things i noticed: 1. They are light. Throws off balance of cue unless you get a longer one. 2. They have kind of a hollow 'boinky' sound. I thought the one i tried played ok but nothing special. One i hit was a custom shaft made from a Prather blank, flat-face joint.

Last edited: