Diamond 7-31/2 table questions

knish4242

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the easiest way to take apart a diamond 7 x 3.5 table.. Also any recommendations on how to level the table.. Is there a certain tool besides the level that you would need to level the legs on the table

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
A 3/4" wrench will be needed to adjust the leg levelers. They are sort of hidden, but there is an open notch in each leg where you can adjust each leg up, or down. Depending on the age of the table whether it has leveling shims under the slate.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What is the easiest way to take apart a diamond 7 x 3.5 table.. Also any recommendations on how to level the table.. Is there a certain tool besides the level that you would need to level the legs on the table

Why do you want to take it apart?

knish4242

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am buying one from a friend for a grat deal and I need to move it from his house to mine. It's probably 7-8 years old. I believe it is the pro am..

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am buying one from a friend for a grat deal and I need to move it from his house to mine. It's probably 7-8 years old. I believe it is the pro am..

My concern is I don't know how much it's going to help you telling you how to take the table apart, when A) you're not quit sure which Diamond table it is....B) you're asking what tools you need to level it with as in you have no idea. This could also be a 3 piece slate table as well....but I have no idea....because you have no idea. Isn't there someone you can call to move this table for you, or are you just looking to save money by trying to move it yourself....as in, it's just a pool table, how hard can it be.....right?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

You're gonna need to put the cloth back on, or while you're at it, might as well put new cloth at this time. THus, most likely need a table mechanic, so why not just give him the entire job, moving it, and setting it up.

Man, you will thank me later unless your some technical furniture handyman carpenter guru, which I'm not ;) Oh, and have a pretty good back and some friends that you can bother to help you carry it all. I'm sure they can't wait to help on this one ??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You're gonna need to put the cloth back on, or while you're at it, might as well put new cloth at this time. THus, most likely need a table mechanic, so why not just give him the entire job, moving it, and setting it up.

Man, you will thank me later unless your some technical furniture handyman carpenter guru, which I'm not ;) Oh, and have a pretty good back and some friends that you can bother to help you carry it all. I'm sure they can't wait to help on this one ??

If it's a one piece slate, the cloth don't need to be taken off, therefore don't have to be re-installed, but...the slate on a 7ft Diamond weighs 415 lbs by its self, 385 lbs for the box and rails.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Have a pro move it for you with the Diamond dolly, if that's an option. If you got a great deal, it's worth it to make sure it stays in nice shape. We moved 7 of them by removing the legs, and tilting the table on to a 4 wheel dolly. We broke a few legs, and crushed several dollies with the weight. It isn't like moving a Valley.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's a one piece slate, the cloth don't need to be taken off, therefore don't have to be re-installed, but...the slate on a 7ft Diamond weighs 415 lbs by its self, 385 lbs for the box and rails.

No different than moving a 800lbs Valley that only has the legs removed (stored in table).

I have not seen a Diamond apart, is it any different? Can it stay as is with the legs being removed, moved and then put them back on as with a Valley? Rackem answered this. Guess I should have refreshed before posting. :)

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No different than moving a 800lbs Valley that only has the legs removed (stored in table).

I have not seen a Diamond apart, is it any different? Can it stay as is with the legs being removed, moved and then put them back on as with a Valley? Rackem answered this. Guess I should have refreshed before posting. :)

7' Diamond one piece slate is nothing like moving a valley one piece slate other than that they are both slate. Not sure of the weight difference but it is significant.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
94x54 Diamond Table is listed at 800lbs.
93x53 Valley Table is listed at 670lbs.

I'm guessing most or all of that 130lb difference is in the slate. It was no picnic to move mine and I've moved dozens of valley and dynamo tabe slates. Who knows maybe I'm just to old these days.

mr8ball

You will be money ahead to get someone that knows what they are doing to move it. I have moved plenty of them and trust me its not like moving a valley bar table.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing most or all of that 130lb difference is in the slate. It was no picnic to move mine and I've moved dozens of valley and dynamo tabe slates. Who knows maybe I'm just to old these days.

Could be as I didn't check the slate thickness of each.
Could be a lot in the legs too being my Valley are thick plastic and the Diamonds appear to be wood.

Regardless the Valley is easily moved in as one piece with 4 people. However, going down my stairs we couldn't really get 4 behind it so we had one at top balancing and 2 below trying not to get crush by it as we slowly let it slide down the steps. The last guy was there just to laugh at us if one did get crushed. :)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Could be as I didn't check the slate thickness of each.
Could be a lot in the legs too being my Valley are thick plastic and the Diamonds appear to be wood.

Regardless the Valley is easily moved in as one piece with 4 people. However, going down my stairs we couldn't really get 4 behind it so we had one at top balancing and 2 below trying not to get crush by it as we slowly let it slide down the steps. The last guy was there just to laugh at us if one did get crushed. :)

Diamond slate is 1" and over sized, Valley slate is 3/4" and under sized.