New Wrap Question need Help. Thanks

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I have a cue that is problay 25 years old or better that is mint condition but I do not like the Wrap on it. It is a White with Green spec and I want to change it to a White with Black spec as I think it would look much better. Is there a specific brand of wrap to use , I know Irish Linen but is one better than the other. Is there a better wrap that will hold better over time. Thanks

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "good" linen - Cortland - is no longer available, though some cuemakers have small amounts of it stashed away.
As for "a better wrap that will hold better over time", doesn't 25 years seem pretty good?
Good luck

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does. I don’t know what kind is on it and it has not been used. So yes 25 years for a wrap that has not been used is good enough I guess. I just wanna replace it with a decent kind of Irish linen that will hold up and not look tacky in a year or 2

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does. I don’t know what kind is on it and it has not been used. So yes 25 years for a wrap that has not been used is good enough I guess. I just wanna replace it with a decent kind of Irish linen that will hold up and not look tacky in a year or 2

I always liked the Hulbert irish linen but it's not available in white and black. The other listed Genuine irish linen is offered in white and black and I believe white and double black which looks nicer to me than the white and black. Good stuff. Works well.

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked the Hulbert irish linen but it's not available in white and black. The other listed Genuine irish linen is offered in white and black and I believe white and double black which looks nicer to me than the white and black. Good stuff. Works well.

They have black and white Hulbert. Atlas carries it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they have black and white hulbert. Atlas carries it.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_20180725_165435.jpg

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a picture of your current wrap? Just curious what it looks like after 25 years, I have an old Huebler that has the original wrap and it's held up fairly well with all things considered.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for you Mike. Have you ever used the Elmer's clear school glue for linen wraps? I'm wondering how it compares to the white. I would imagine it would look as good or better, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for you Mike. Have you ever used the Elmer's clear school glue for linen wraps? I'm wondering how it compares to the white. I would imagine it would look as good or better, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Hello Sir
Sorry, I've never tried it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Forget it. It has no strength.