• Viking Exactshot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vikng with Vikore shaft

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a OB 5/16-14 shaft that fit my Pechauer fine.

The older Pechauers had fully threaded pins. If you are referring to a Pechauer with the speed pin, then yes, most aftermarket shaft makers do currently make shafts that will fit it. The 314-3 shafts that I use on my Joss were made for Pechauer cues. I personally like the quick release aspect (as only the back half of the shaft inserts are threaded), and the dashed ringwork is close enough for me.

The speed joint needs an insert that has the opening bored out to accept the unthreaded portion of their speed joint pin.

a99838d533e8671a2f41c2f64e78ad94.jpg

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw will the following joint protectors

https://www.doubledavecues.com/joint-protectors-16x14-p-532.html

fit my Pechauer Pro-H?

Nope, those will not work without the female cap (that goes on the butt of the cue) being bored out like I mentioned for the shafts above.

These are the correct ones, but they are more expensive.

https://www.doubledavecues.com/pechauer-joint-protector-p-2546.html

If you have a drill press or even a hand drill and a vise, modifying the cheaper caps you linked in your post, is not difficult.

• Use a 5/16 drill bit (or 8mm if you are across the pond)
  • Measure the length of the unthreaded portion of the pin, and use a piece of masking tape etc to mark your drill bit as your depth gauge.
  • Proceed to drill the threads to depth. (better to stop short, you can always drill a little deeper if need be)
  • Check the fit of the cap on the cue and drill deeper if need be

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, those will not work without the female cap (that goes on the butt of the cue) being bored out like I mentioned for the shafts above.

These are the correct ones, but they are more expensive.

https://www.doubledavecues.com/pechauer-joint-protector-p-2546.html

If you have a drill press or even a hand drill and a vise, modifying the cheaper caps you linked in your post, is not difficult.

• Use a 5/16 drill bit (or 8mm if you are across the pond)
  • Measure the length of the unthreaded portion of the pin, and use a piece of masking tape etc to mark your drill bit as your depth gauge.
  • Proceed to drill the threads to depth. (better to stop short, you can always drill a little deeper if need be)
  • Check the fit of the cap on the cue and drill deeper if need be

That's good information. I just bought my 3rd Pechauer Pro...this one from the mid nineties that does not have the speed joint. They have always been very prompt in my email questions and when I have called them. I love the way the cues play compared to other cues I have tried. I hope you are happy with your choice.

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the jacoby hybrid shaft? I am still getting used to the cue but so far it hits real nice and deflection seems very low. Still need play time on it though its pretty new.
I used an R360 before this and its a suprisingly good hitting cue/shaft. If costs was an issue id start there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk