John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Socrates said...

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Socrates said...

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

Good one Shitstorm
At least it was when you first posted it.
After repeating this same post about 25 times, not so good.
Weren't you warned about posting the same things over and over and over and over.........til infinity and beyond.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Good one Shitstorm
Weren't you warned about posting the same things over and over and over and over.........til infinity and beyond.

What's amazing is this quote from "Near Genius Socrates Junior": (He is not even close to being Socrates or a genius)

"My ONLY desire is to make matters clear so that the chance of others being 'unintentionally' misled is reduced. Language is all that we have to communicate ideas, etc. & it can at times be challenging to be precise so as to not mis-communicate & not cause others to be misled."

It doesn't come close to crossing his mind that HE is the one miscommunicating and misleading others while MANY of those who are in the know from first hand experience at the table are constantly having to correct him for the good of others.

I have no idea when near genius was officially installed as the forum censor and savior of the world, but if he wasn't he still thinks and acts like he is.

John Schmidt admitted to being wrong but this guy has never been wrong in his life. It takes character and a strong sense of self to do it and John has it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb...s-smart-people-never-make-twice/#3cd04fe96710

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ATC,

But... I then saw Stan's 5 shot perception video & I realized based on that there would NOT be any such revelations forth coming.
Rick

Rick or Bill or Joe or whoever you are, You know virtually nothing about CTE perception and what is possible.

Chew on this for the 5 shots.

The tip has its own line at center.
The sighting for the 15 or the 30 has its own line.
The aim line for the CTE relation has its own line.

A dominant aspect for one's vision functions to separetly identify the above mentioned.
And one's strongest line of vision must also be recognized for the necessary cancelling out of that line so as to eliminate interfering distortions for the above mentioned.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ATC,

Since you have 'spoken' directly to me, I will respond.

Since you have already admitted that to you it is not an objective aiming system, your characterizations of it seem rational.

I think perhaps you should do a bit of research & know the assertions & descriptions that have been made about & assigned to it.

Like earlier when the term system was used. That word along with other assertions has implications that can be rather misleading.

I think you have a common sense understanding of just what it is.

Others think it is more & portray it as more & that can be rather misleading.

If all that was said about it is what you've said here then there probably never would have been any 'objections' made of which I am a relative rookie.

I was pulled in by the 'objective' assertion. The enticement of that assertion made me lose sight of reality for a brief time in hope that the assertion might be true. I rather quickly came back to recognize the reality of the situation.

I even suspended my final 'self judgement' in hope that there might be some form of revelation with the then upcoming new Pro 1 DVD as it was sort of implied.

But... I then saw Stan's 5 shot perception video & I realized based on that there would NOT be any such revelations forth coming.

There can not be any truly objective aiming 'system' in a form that can be utilized by any normal human being.

The reality is that ALL methods require the time spent to build a subjective reference file, based on what ever means are being used to 'define' a set of base shots along with the variance off of those base reference shots.

When I say variances, I do not necessarily mean conscious adjustments of any specific nature.

When a shot does not fit a fractional 1/2 ball alignment & one is using fractional aiming, one makes some sort of adjustment in order to pocket the ball...

BECAUSE... the 1/2 ball alignment alone will NOT pocket the ball.

That adjustment may or may not be a conscious one. It may be one made subconsciously based on the subjectively leaned pictures or perceptions garnered over time of the trial & error & successes & failures when utilizing the method.

Sorry, I am not trying to convince you or any of the other 'normal' crowd.

I'm just throwing out some food for thought in regards to the reality of the 'aiming' situation.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

PS1 If one wants to call that subjectively & experience based learning & building of that data base their "CTE visual intelligence", that's fine...but we all should know exactly what that factually & truly is.

PS2 I would NOT have made this post if you had not specifically referred to me implying that I think it is said to be something that it is not. My ONLY desire is to make matters clear so that the chance of others being 'unintentionally' misled is reduced. Language is all that we have to communicate ideas, etc. & it can at times be challenging to be precise so as to not mis-communicate & not cause others to be misled.

Quit hijacking my threads. This has absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of this thread, which was to call attention to a change of opinion previously held by a world-class player. Take your relentless crusade about subjectivity vs. objectivity elsewhere and start (yet another) thread about it. I promise not to make a single post in it when you do. :mad:

Jal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's hope this is the start of "friendlier" aiming system discussions..

Good to "hope" but more wishful thinking than reality.

They'll all be back in full force within due time and the right opportunity. The question is which one will be first and when will it occur....

English makes some obvious points, sans insults, sans name calling. Then:

Pretty sure you have no clue about CTE.

You wont get many open minds on here, just a shitstorm of semantics. Run away while you can.

Looking more forward to seeing English, Pat Johnson, Jal, Lou Figueroa and the other keyboard warriors demonstrating what they know or think they know about it at the table where pool is played instead of their half a$$ed virtual pool imaginations while pounding keys to spout ongoing derogatory garbage.

Bull shit and totally wrong. You reply to everything as evidenced by 16,000 posts in 3 years.
You've been told and proven too over and over that every thought you have about cte is wrong.
You continue to fight the bad fight.
You are allowed to continue to fight the bad fight.
It's disgraceful the lengths you go to to provide bad information to people willing to discuss aiming systems.
Shitstorm should be your new nickname.
Good one Shitstorm

And so it goes...

Jim

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
English makes some obvious points, sans insults, sans name calling.

English is making points that belong in another thread that is actually about how CTE works. That they are "obvious" to you makes perfect sense since we all know of your strong opposition to the system. They are not obvious at all (and appear, in fact, quite incorrect) to actual users of the system.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And I guess we have to add this:

And I guess we have to add your posts for what they represent and who you are.

Aren't you the one now recognized as the most loyal sycophant zombie follower to hold the fort down while your Lord and Master PJ is sitting it out for being a bad boy and his echo or ventriloquist doll when he's here?

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
And I guess we have to add your posts for what they represent and who you are.

Aren't you the one now recognized as the most loyal sycophant zombie follower to hold the fort down while your Lord and Master PJ is sitting it out for being a bad boy and his echo or ventriloquist doll when he's here?

Slow month in the cte subforum, eh? :rolleyes: You must be about ready to explode.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Quit hijacking my threads. This has absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of this thread, which was to call attention to a change of opinion previously held by a world-class player. Take your relentless crusade about subjectivity vs. objectivity elsewhere and start (yet another) thread about it. I promise not to make a single post in it when you do. :mad:

I would apologize if I had done anything wrong... but I have not.

This thread that you started (but is not yours) is about a world class player that was of the opinion that "aiming methods" were of no real value. That was the opinion of a Very Good World Class Player.

I am not, & never have been of that opinion, yet I can understand how he may have been of that opinion.

You've brought it to OUR, the AZB members, attention that he has now formulated a different opinion based on something that a friend of his has communicated to him.

We do not know what it was that that friend "communicated' to him, but I think it would be of interest to most who are interested in aiming methods or also to those that are of the same opinion that John was & think that aiming methods are of no real value.

There are implications made by the use of words.

I do not agree with some of those implications without certain caveats tagged along with them.

I have sort of explained them in THIS NEW thread for any NEW reader to consider however he or she determines to do so, as well that they should.

'Censorship' is usually implemented by those that have something to hide.

I know of no occasion were censorship was ever the tool of any virtuous endeavor.

When oldmanatc 'spoke' directly to me. I responded to him with an explanation in order to clarify the implications of his statements. He & I are good terms & it appears that John's Friend, bwally, & I are too as he has said that we are in basic agreement on this subject.

We ALL have no rights here, but I would certainly think that management would, at the very least, allow one to respond when 'spoken' to... or even when spoken about.

Socrates was a rather intelligent individual.

Last edited:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a shot does not fit a fractional 1/2 ball alignment & one is using fractional aiming, one makes some sort of adjustment in order to pocket the ball...

BECAUSE... the 1/2 ball alignment alone will NOT pocket the ball.

This statement is all any user needs to read to see that you have not even a remote clue about the system you are discounting.

My ONLY desire is to make matters clear so that the chance of others being 'unintentionally' misled is reduced.

Then why are you 'intentionally' misleading them yourself?

I have sort of explained them in THIS NEW thread for any NEW reader to consider however he or she determines to do so, as well that they should.

I sincerely doubt there will be any new readers in any threads where you are involved.

Socrates was a rather intelligent individual.

You know nothing of the real Socrates, and are merely judging his intelligence by the contents of what he wrote. We are also judging your intelligence by the contents of what you write. Think about that for awhile.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The 1/2 ball statement I made was NOT about CTE.

It was merely an easy reference about fractional or any other method for that matter when a shot does not fit one of the base indicators.

If a method does not have 75 to 90 indicators there are adjustments that MUST be made when a shot is actually in between the base indicators.

Those adjustments need not be conscious adjustments but can be subconscious ones formulated through the time of trial & error of successes & failures while utilizing the method & building one's subjective data base.

Socrates said...

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 1/2 ball statement I made was NOT about CTE.

It was merely an easy reference about fractional or any other method for that matter when a shot does not fit one of the base indicators.

If a method does not have 75 to 90 indicators there are adjustments that MUST be made when a shot is actually in between the base indicators.

Those adjustments need not be conscious adjustments but can be subconscious ones formulated through the time of trial & error of successes & failures while utilizing the method & building one's subjective data base.

Socrates said...

Why don't you shed some light, in general, about these 75 to 90 indicators. You keep bringing them up but never elaborate.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Post #1 of the closed thread.

Get Sloppy's "permission" & I can post it here.

I can post it without 'permission'...

but you seem to have no real interest in anything that is reality...

& that was not my intent when posting in this thread.

Isn't it odd how those that complain want to foster or instigate matters in the exact direction of which they complain?

Telling I think.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
"but you have no real interest in anything that is reality"

What an ironic hypocritical post made to another person but not recognizing it for himself when it comes to this issue!! (I guess it's what Socrates would have done)