Opinions wanted on Kent Davis cues

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't purchased a new cue in a number of years and am thinking of buying one from Kent Davis. Talked with him a week or so ago and really liked him and what he had to say about cue building etc. Just curious if anybody out there played with one and what you would compare it to. I have played exclusively with Lambros for the last several years and before that it was Mike Wheeler/Bill Schick. I like a lighter cue with lots of action and pretty much only play one pocket. Not looking to replace my player, just want a new toy for the home table. Whaddya think?

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Kent Davis builds an amazing cue, and is a hell of a nice guy...

at valley forge one year, he spent alot of time with me and my cousin showing us his cues and letting us try his demo cues.. even though we werent looking to buy and Kent knew that.. he still showed us alot of respect and answered all our questions and took the time to provide outstanding customer service well beyond what was necessary and not blow us off like alot of cue makers would do...

that goes a really long way in my book...

you should talk to Martin here on the forum.. he deals direct with Kent and usually has a wide selection of his stuff...

his website is http://www.superiorcues.com/

also watch out.. Kent is a master of the 3am ring nine games at Valley Forge.. he is almost unbeatable!!!

chris

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
I haven't purchased a new cue in a number of years and am thinking of buying one from Kent Davis. Talked with him a week or so ago and really liked him and what he had to say about cue building etc. Just curious if anybody out there played with one and what you would compare it to. I have played exclusively with Lambros for the last several years and before that it was Mike Wheeler/Bill Schick. I like a lighter cue with lots of action and pretty much only play one pocket. Not looking to replace my player, just want a new toy for the home table. Whaddya think?

I am one of the biggest fans of Kent's work.
I went to his shop for a few day to try to learn a few tricks of the trade not too long ago. The seriousness to the amount of detail on his cues is unreal and he is one hell of a nice guy. He likes a good beer as well.
His cues play awesome as well, ofcourse.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kent Davis

You can't go wrong with a cue from Kent. He is insanely into studying woods and cue construction. His laminated forearms have an awesome hit. Overall fit and finish is top notch. Plus, he's a great guy.

Must also agree with the previous poster.. Kent is a solid pool player (for a cue maker :)

mtorre14

I didnt do it
Silver Member
I have to agree with the people above...my friend let me play with his Kent and it played so well that I didn't want to give it back...so, I had to order one for myself and it near finish and I can't wait it will be my main player...and I'm already thinking of having him make me another one...his attention to detail is amazing and is willing to work with the costumer extremely close, just top notch costumer service...you will not be disappointed in the cue he builds you...it will look great and play even better

And, he can move around a table pretty damn well, he knows the game pretty good

Gazelli

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm playing with one of Kent's cues right now. It's rock solid with an incredible feel. I love the purple heart core. As was previously stated, his craftsmanship is top notch. I bought this cue used and spoke with Kent about it, he's certainly seems to be a very nice guy.

I'm 100% satisfied.

acbarrerasjr

Registered
Kent Davis Cue

I just bought a Kent Davis cue yesterday and I'm impressed. I was playing with a Robinson, Lambros and an Ariel and though I'm happy with all of my cues the KD is now the cue I will play with exclusively. I am impressed with the hit first off and the quality and craftsmanship are just icing on the cake. The guys at the Plush Pocket asked me if I was going to put it away and continue playing with my other cues and to be honest I was going to put it away as it is just too damn pretty to play with! That was before I played with it. Now I'm not only a fan of his cues but I am making it my permanent player. You can't go wrong with his cues.

MightyCustomCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've know Kent for many years now and yes, he is a hell of a guy. His cues are exceptional and I love his laminated forearms. Truly one of the nicest guys around for sure... oh yeah and his cues play well too!

RACKRAT

Well let me give you a little intro to myself, I am 57 years old, been playing competitive pool for at least 3o years. I have owned many cues in my 30 years and hit almost every tip and type of shafts that there are on the market. Some my call me cheap but I like to think that I spend my money wisely. I purchased a KD cue about 8 months ago for $3000.00USD, yes I said three thousand dollars. Granted it has all the good stuff on it, ivory joint and butt, leather wrap and ivory ferules on the two shafts that I received with the cue. I was allowed to test hit the cue before I bought it, and it felt real nice, good swing great feedback from the cue ball if you know what I mean. I loved the way it looked so I bought it. I have about 20 cues so I don't always play with it in tournament etc. It is 190z and has a 3/8 10 pin. I love it, it the best hitting cue I own or at least the in the top two. All I can say is that I have no regrets buying my KD cue or even that I payed 3000 for it. ( it was new from an individual that work with that group of people, he was asking 3500) They will bury me with it. But sure I recommend a least trying one out.