recovered my diamond 7 footer today

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
had the same guy who delivered and set up my table come over today to recover. last July when I got the table, I knew nothing about how to keep the felt clean, I just started playing on it. by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. the felt got nasty and dirty.

was going to wait a year, but only made 9 months. table looks great, and I have already figured out ways to keep it spotless. bought a small hand held vacuum cleaner to use on it gently. bought some felt from a yarn store to put down on the bottom rail when im shooting long shots, ect.

now I know why the pros look so good on the big tournaments : all you have to do is tap the object ball and it flys on the new cloth. draw shots, forget about it. just tap the cue ball with a draw stoke and the cue ball goes half the table. no more speed three shots, everything is moving fast.

how often should I use David Hodges quick clean foam spray?? once a week?:p

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
had the same guy who delivered and set up my table come over today to recover. last July when I got the table, I knew nothing about how to keep the felt clean, I just started playing on it. by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. the felt got nasty and dirty.

was going to wait a year, but only made 9 months. table looks great, and I have already figured out ways to keep it spotless. bought a small hand held vacuum cleaner to use on it gently. bought some felt from a yarn store to put down on the bottom rail when im shooting long shots, ect.

now I know why the pros look so good on the big tournaments : all you have to do is tap the object ball and it flys on the new cloth. draw shots, forget about it. just tap the cue ball with a draw stoke and the cue ball goes half the table. no more speed three shots, everything is moving fast.

I know you were joking but in case there are some that dont realize that:

All true pros from the least to the best can move whitey anywhere and any way they want no matter clean/dirty , new/old felt.

Shot making....well, same as above but balls do fall on new cloth that will never fall on old/dirty felt.

Dont even get me started on "polished/clean" vs "dirty/old" .....POOL (that was for the preverts... lol) balls.

Congrats on new cloth.... enjoy.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And how did he attach the bed cloth to the slate?

Reactions: JC

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't need to waste your $$ on the foam spray stuff if you use a hand held shop vac with a brush attachment.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you the guy who had the thread about grease/ sweat marks from hands on the table?

I think a year for cloth on a home table is incredibly low lifespan.

And...I believe vacuums with rotating heads to be a no-go for pool cloth. Too rough.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How often do you or others play on it? I had mine recovered about a year and a half ago. First couple months I would fret over every burn mark, chalk mark, discoloration, etc. ( I found that dirty glove fingertips are the worst culprit!)

But either me and my kids or me and my buddies are playing on it almost daily, and I was fighting a losing battle. Finally said fuggit and stopped worrying about every little stain. Now I vacuum about once every 2 weeks and pat it down with a damp cloth, and keep the balls polished. Cloth is still in great shape, even if there are some stains from donut stickies, dirty hands, and dirty gloves...Hope to get another couple of years out of it.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I normally play alone, practicing 2 or 3 hours a day. yes im the guy who got the new table oily and greasy. was playing in the middle of a heat wave. nothing cleaned the table, and I tried everything. not too happy spending 400 bucks for new simiones 860 and installation and tip, but I had no choice. but now I know what I did wrong, so hopefully I can get two years out of the new felt.

I have gloves, a forearm cover, bought a small cordless vacuum, dont chalk before every shot.

and for sure I will not try to grab little bugs that are attracted to the strong light and land on the table. I missed one bug and smashed the little ****@@ onto the felt, and that started my bad luck on the felt:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too funny, the bug.

But anyway, I like your view: you bought the table to play on and you are wearing it out, fixing it up and getting back on it.

Get um!
I normally play alone, practicing 2 or 3 hours a day. yes im the guy who got the new table oily and greasy. was playing in the middle of a heat wave. nothing cleaned the table, and I tried everything. not too happy spending 400 bucks for new simiones 860 and installation and tip, but I had no choice. but now I know what I did wrong, so hopefully I can get two years out of the new felt.

I have gloves, a forearm cover, bought a small cordless vacuum, dont chalk before every shot.

and for sure I will not try to grab little bugs that are attracted to the strong light and land on the table. I missed one bug and smashed the little ****@@ onto the felt, and that started my bad luck on the felt:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Have you tried screens on your windows and perhaps doors on your house? Keeps the bugs outta my place.
Jason<-----attempting to be helpful :grin:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When was it stolen? :killingme:
Jason

You are a sick human being....that’s where I was gonna go....and THEY told me I was very sick.
...glad to know I’m not alone....it gets so quiet when they turn out the lights...:eek:

JC

Coos Cues
How often do you or others play on it? I had mine recovered about a year and a half ago. First couple months I would fret over every burn mark, chalk mark, discoloration, etc. ( I found that dirty glove fingertips are the worst culprit!)

But either me and my kids or me and my buddies are playing on it almost daily, and I was fighting a losing battle. Finally said fuggit and stopped worrying about every little stain. Now I vacuum about once every 2 weeks and pat it down with a damp cloth, and keep the balls polished. Cloth is still in great shape, even if there are some stains from donut stickies, dirty hands, and dirty gloves...Hope to get another couple of years out of it.

I find solid deodorant dropping out of peoples short sleeve shirts to be a major menace.

JC