What kind of prices can be expected at the SBE?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never been and am considering making the trip. I will mainly be looking at the vendor sections for a few maintenance tools, cases and cues. What kind of prices am I to expect? The same one I see online? Any small discounts applied? Full prices?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never been and am considering making the trip. I will mainly be looking at the vendor sections for a few maintenance tools, cases and cues. What kind of prices am I to expect? The same one I see online? Any small discounts applied? Full prices?

I've found that most venders want to sell as much merchandise as possible, so most are open to giving good deals if asked. Just make an offer and haggle a little. Good people there.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would agree that most vendors will negotiate on bigger ticket items. Don't expect discounts on repair work.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring plenty cash. Even though a lot will probably have phone-linked credit card access nothing talks like Mr.Benjamin. Be direct and don't waste a sellers' time. I do a few gun shows and tire-kickers drive me nuts. They want to talk for twenty minutes and have ZERO intent on buying. Let 'em know you're a possible buyer and get 'er done.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The Expo is a great place to buy stuff and pick up supplies. Many vendors return year after year. I was able to meet Jack Justis, Ron Thomas, & John Barton in person. Bama cues, Don Sherman and others sellers from AZ as well.

J&J, Omega, and Muellers sold at the same price as their online stores. It was great, able to buy a gross of Masters without paying a hefty shipping charge.

I usually stock up on supplies while at SBX. One year I brought back a dozen racks from Muellers. These racks eventually ended up the founder of Megabucks league. I feel like I help kick start their tournaments by supplying them with good racks.

Discounts
If you're looking for Predator products, be aware authorized Predator dealers can't sell openly below a retail floor from manufacturers suggested retail. It will be the same price online.

Discount on Cases
Omega may discount their ACME cases. I picked up one two years ago when they were blowing these out. These cases with dual shoulder straps look very similar to what John Barton produces. I recently heard they discount at every show where Omega and John Barton are vending.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
May I suggest if you see something you like buy it immediately . It will be gone when you walk away. I wanted a case that someone was holding and considering.. I told the vendor I'll take it if they put it down. They did and I bought it. Was a JB 4/8 hybrid.
If you bought from them before...have any of their products...mention that....it might get you a loyalty discount.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can find seconds and used stuff at a pretty good discount. Last one I went to I got a $400 retail McDermott for 240 because it had two very small flaws in the inlay material.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if any conversion sellers will be there? Would love to see some titliest conversion and others old cues.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I mean some things will be a great deal but don't expect too much.

Vendors have a big expense to make up.

Cost of the booth, renting a room for four days, traveling expenses, and eating out every day.

Cost them a fortune!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This is very good advice. Years ago, I remember John Barton had a one off 2x4 case. I hesitated, came back and it was gone.

May I suggest if you see something you like buy it immediately . It will be gone when you walk away. I wanted a case that someone was holding and considering.. I told the vendor I'll take it if they put it down. They did and I bought it. Was a JB 4/8 hybrid.
If you bought from them before...have any of their products...mention that....it might get you a loyalty discount.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring C notes, for sure.. cash talks, BS walks.. and totally agree if you
see something you like, it's in front of you, you're holding it.. BUY IT.
Never fails, the next guy behind you will buy the exact item you were just looking at!

$.02