McDermott/Star Go Cue

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I just got home from a month long motorcycle tour and while going through the mail I see in Pool & Billiards the ad for the Go Cue a three piece cue that breaks down to 21 inches. This would be perfect for my MC travels.

Has anyone shot with this cue? Thoughts? Does it have that McDermott feel? I like McD's and love their M 11 B.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McD Lucky series is below Star & they hit great. I bought 1 for beer-drinking bar play for about $50 & was shocked how it played. For $150 can't go wrong for your purposes. Might also find a case for a 2' level or something similar to put it in !!!

Last edited:

Anthony_Beeler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have sold several of em. Great feedback so far. I will cut you a great deal on one. Call or message me 606-669-8401.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see this. I have been waiting for something like this.

Poison made one but it is out of production for the last few years and was much more expensive.

I may want one myself for my Harley saddlebags.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chopdoc, A few years ago I bought an old school aluminum tube cue case from Prather for riding. It worked great on my Beemer G/S tied across the back but really does not fit on an FLH. So that is my exact thought, tossing it into the saddlebag. I was also thinking of a mailing tube or piece of PVC tubing to slip it in but now 2ball has me wondering about a tool case and if such a thing as a level case is made.

I ride 15 to 20 thou a year so this would be ideal. And just maybe the cheapest option I have on my scooter.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, Thanks for the tip on Lebow's custom cues. I had never heard of him. The reality is, I don't even take my Frey out of my neighborhood. That's what the McDermott M11 is for. Packing a custom cue on one of my bikes on a cross country trip is not going to happen. A $150 Star is very doable. And hey, I only play about that price anyway, as you well know.

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
Nice to see this

This looks promising. I have a 3-piece Gilbert cue that I use for my motorcycle travels. I'd be interested in getting one of these to compare the hit... and with travel I can more easily afford to have something happen to the Star cue vs. the Gilbert! ;)